E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Tech@DDM Tuning
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: To Many
DDM Tuning / Euro Dyne Huntington Beach Grand Opening 2/28/10!!!

Word is starting to leak out because we have to have conversations internally among ourselves and with vendors who are in the office almost all the time. So, we'll just let the cat out of the bag a little bit and supply more details later.

DDM Tuning is opening a second location in Orange County; Huntington Beach to be exact.

Huntington Beach Retail Location
5445 Oceanus Drive, Suite 105
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

This location will be both retail showroom space as well as warehouse and in the next couple of months will begin carrying some of the shipping load.

We are going to have a Grand Opening on Sunday the 28th. More details will be announced in a couple of weeks. Contractors have started sawing a big hole in the wall between Suites 104 and 105, we leased both of them. So there will be another 4400 sq ft of DDM goodness open in just over a month. Feel free to stop by and stare as the contractors get to work on all of the updates.

Sometime in 2010 we will also open a location in LA County somewhere. Possibly two of them. After that, we will be placing more and more locations strategically across the US.

W see the struggles people have to get through to us on the telephone and some of the delays in shipping. More warehouses everywhere will cut down on some of the shipping as people in major areas will be able to come into the retail location and buy product over the counter. Plus when shipping volume is very high during the holidays multiple locations will be shipping. Not only will multiple sites be able to put out product, but it will be organized geographically so that shipping times to you are shortened dramatically.

We are starting with the OC because its a quick drive from San Diego to get to so that we can make sure we handle expansion correctly. Obviously, we can't be everywhere at once. Once we get the model down correctly, we will plant another location.

Further, while we intend to plant these seed locations out of the company's pocket, we really don't have much interest in running yet another national or global system. Our boss retired from doing that a decade ago. Therefore, while at first we will own all the leases and inventory, we expect each location over time to be bought out and be more of a franchise system with individual owners having their chance at the American Dream, just like Mr. Powell did. Therefore all locations, Huntington Beach included will be managed by people starting out on salary with the goal of buying out the store in 1-3 years. DDM Tuning franchising will stay in place as long as they wish and that the owner operators follow the franchise rules.

That's the plan, we'll see how it works. The OC is the first experiment. We hope its a great success for all of you as customers and friends.

We are on track for a Grand Opening on Sunday, 2/28 with an open house, a grill, some drinks and maybe a DJ. We hope you can all make it. We'll make some more announcements and post up some pictures as the next few days and weeks go by.

Aside from expansion, we are pleased to announce that they have reached agreement to purchase Euro Dyne in full and will move it to the DDM Tuning location in Huntington Beach as well.

Euro Dyne will continue to operate as a separate entity on all of the forums where they operate today and will expand over time into more markets.

We are also pleased to announce that Jo Cajita has been reappointed to the position of Euro Dyne Internet Sales Director aside from his responsibilities as a co-manager for the new DDM location.

Jo is a part of a determined push by DDM Tuning to turn our attention from rapid, some might say explosive growth, to being much more customer focused. Ideally, companies can grow and maintain the focus on the customer at the same time. In our case, that didn't always happen evenly. We spent a lot of energy on giving customers the lowest possible pricing and that meant keeping some company resources in systems and people lean to make sure the company didn't run itself into the ground in pursuit of lower pricing. We've taken some flack for that, justifiably. We've known we could do better and we've made improvements as we go. Now, we think we have systems in place that will allow us to succeed at delivering great service. Over the past couple of weeks we have been adding specific personnel that get us prepared for the task of changing our level of service. Frankly, we could have done better and we WILL do better now that I know the financial footing of the company is not only stable but robust.

Jo has a great reputation for solid customer support. We've known Jo for over a year and have always been impressed by his commitment to customers. He will have absolute free reign to take care of you here. Additionally we are making changes to the old DDM as far as people go. Some people are no longer with us now. Some new faces are on-board and We've made it clear that we will do what we can to make customers happy. We believe all of our people understand the new focus. While there may be some rough edges to sand off our interactions with you, We ask all of you to keep me informed of anything you think needs improving.

That's it for the next couple of months as far as over viewing what we are going to be doing. This will require a tremendous amount of work and money to accomplish but we're committed to making it happen. Jo is the first major milestone in making this happen. Along the way, we expect Jo to become proficient at managing the OC location and then running his own location in LA and also in hiring his replacement to run all DDM Customer Services.

And one more thing. While we have our roots in BMW, expect to see DDM's popping up dedicated to other car brands and to other vehicles like motorcycles and RVs. We're going to start whistling lots of tunes soon.
Tech@DDM Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Congrats on the move guys... Much closer to a lot of the LA folks. Can't wait to stop by and maybe buy some stuff for my new (to me) E46

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
eyezack87

My Ride: ...
Very cool. You guys are a lot closer to me now. Can't wait for the grand opening

you guys hiring?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
omhl

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Send a message via AIM to omhl
niceeee
Old 02-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
0-60motorsports

My Ride: E30 325ic & E46 M3
Send a message via MSN to 0-60motorsports Send a message via Yahoo to 0-60motorsports
Congrats! Wish i could be there!
EURO 04 M3: GC Coils, Eibach Sways, PF RTABs, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip + CF Trunk + CF Rear Diffusor + CSL center console, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS Stepped Headers, SS Catless S & Res X-pipe, SS Race, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL Steering + CSL interior, OEM CSL Intake, EVOLVE Alpha-N Tune, BBS CH's, FX-R 3.0's, ST40's, DINAN Rear Strut Brace, BW Oil Cooler, 3.91 gears
0-60motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
issacsierra06

My Ride: bmw 325i
debating on going!! any specials for grand opening?
Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
05E46

My Ride: 05 BMW 325i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by issacsierra06 View Post
debating on going!! any specials for grand opening?
+1
05E46 is offline   Reply With Quote