E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 4.67 average.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #61
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledees View Post
Euro-spec. Or am I not adjusting some setting, it has to be the sd card given right?
My nav was in another language too...I just went through the menus, found language, and selected English.

You can figure it out, just look at it logically.
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #62
TR_MS3
Banned

My Ride: 2002 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Euro-spec. Or am I not adjusting some setting, it has to be the sd card given right?
You can get it into english, but if the maps are EU, then you still won't be able to navigate.

Contact Ryan at Dabears if you still have an issue. He'll help you out.
TR_MS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #63
James@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to James@Euro-Spec
Quote:
D,

Nice chatting with ya. Hope you got the settings figured out.

Feel free to hit me up anytime... But, in Dreamliner330's case, don't hit me up with 15 seconds left in a Lakers game...

-James
James@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #64
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by James@Euro-Spec View Post
But, in Dreamliner330's case, don't hit me up with 15 seconds left in a Lakers game...

-James

Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #66
BMW_Stu

My Ride: HPF 330ci
---reserved for my comment after i watch the videos---
BMW_Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #67
mass03m3

My Ride: e46 M3
I am new to using bluetooth. I have a couple of questions regarding the head unit. The broken english in the manual is sometimes hard to decipher.

Do I need to pair my bluetooth phone everytime I get into the car? Is there some way that the head unit can remember my phone? The reason I ask is because my procedure to get the bluetooth to work everytime is:
1. Hit pair button on Dynavin
2. Go to bluetooth menu in my phone
3. on my phone: select audio device, then look for device( takes about 10 sec to find dynavin for my phone) then I select ok to connect on phone and Dynavin connects with device.
I just figured that once I setup the first time that everytime I got into the car with my bluetooth on my phone switched on, all I would have to do is hit pairing on the dynavin and it would reckognize my phone? My phone is cheap(motorola w370) and I am wondering if it is the phone or the dynavin that makes this so time consuming to pair.

Also when I have my phone hooked via bluetooth to the Dynavin unit and I get an incoming call, The dynavin unit rings but so does my cell. Should the cell continue to ring or is there a way to just have the dynavin ring?

in the bluetooth setup menu, there are 3 choices:
1.Bluetooth on or off ( this is straight forward)
2. auto connect on or off(not sure what this one does)
3. auto answer on or off(not sure what this one does)
Can you tell me what 2 and 3 are for and how I should have them setup?

Thanks
Todd
P.s.- if someone wants to make a video of how they set up their bluetooth that would be awesome!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #68
shadowpuck

My Ride: e36 e46 ZHP MkiV Tdi
typically, with bluetooth devices there should be some type of auto connect option that allows the device to connect automatically each time it comes into range.
i think that's the auto connect option you've mentioned.

auto answer typically will automatically answer any call on that device without any interaction from you.

if auto connect is working correctly you shouldn't have to pair each time or have to hit the pairing button, etc.

some of my past phones with bluetooth have rang while connected via bluetooth, and some have not. seems to be an individual device thing....

those are some general points regarding bluetooth, i can't speak specifically to the dynavin's implementation.
shadowpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #69
mass03m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowpuck View Post
typically, with bluetooth devices there should be some type of auto connect option that allows the device to connect automatically each time it comes into range.
i think that's the auto connect option you've mentioned.

auto answer typically will automatically answer any call on that device without any interaction from you.

if auto connect is working correctly you shouldn't have to pair each time or have to hit the pairing button, etc.

some of my past phones with bluetooth have rang while connected via bluetooth, and some have not. seems to be an individual device thing....

those are some general points regarding bluetooth, i can't speak specifically to the dynavin's implementation.
Shadowpuck - Thankyou.

Does anyone who has the Dynavin unit know if autoconnect is in fact for the automatic connection of my bluetooth phone to dynavin unit?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #70
jeffb325

My Ride: 325ci
Auto connect on, auto answer off, both devices will ring in most setups i have seen
jeffb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #71
rene323ci

My Ride: 323ci
i heard that they have stopped production to
solve the noise problem and fixed it and they also made the phone buttons
work , and wil start with production of a v3 unit ?
they are going to do a group buy in holland and dynavin says that we wil get the v3 end of march .
anyone now if this is real ?
rene323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #72
rene323ci

My Ride: 323ci
http://bbs.dynavin.com/redirect.php?tid ... st#newpost , seems to be real
rene323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #73
Jagular

My Ride: '04 645Ci
Count me in as another customer unhappy with Dabears' lack of courtesy and professionalism.
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #74
mass03m3

Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post
Auto connect on, auto answer off, both devices will ring in most setups i have seen
Ok- I finally got my bluetooth going with the help of you guys. You do turn the autoconnect to on(on the Dynavin unit) to have your phone autolink to the dynavin.
So now, I get into my car and when radio comes on it links with my phone automatically within 2 to 3 seconds and when I get out of car and radio shuts off the cellphone onlinks and goes out of bluetooth mode in 3 to 4 seconds. I did a couple of test Calls with the car running and not running and the reception is actually pretty clear. The only time it gets a little unclear is when i have the blower motor going. I have the dynavin factory supplied external mic in the oem location( next to sunroof control button in the little grill area) and it seems to work very well.
I am very happy with the bluetooth.

On another note, I got my nushield dayvue installed today and it definetely helps with the screen glare. It is not the sunniest day here in MA but It Definetely helps for $17.

Thanks again guys for the help on the bluetooth.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #75
doubledees

My Ride: 2005 M3 Jet Black
Is there a concensus on how to fix this hissing noise? Converter ?? this hissing noise is pissing me off.
doubledees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #76
jeffb325

Quote:
Is there a concensus on how to fix this hissing noise? Converter ?? this hissing noise is pissing me off.
Well...the line output converter was my idea but I dont yet have a dynavin unit so its up to one of you guys to give it a try, I know mass03m3 has one on order but as far as I know it isnt installed yet so the extent to which it will help is still unknown but I think a reduction of up to 50% should be possible given the numbers that some of the guys gave me.

Last edited by jeffb325; 02-26-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #77
mass03m3

Quote:
I am going to be trying a PAC OEM-2 Factory Sound System Interface to see if i can cut down on the hiss noise. I ordered it from amazon and should be in any day now. I will post my finding on this forum when I get it installed.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #78
jeffb325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass03m3 View Post
I am going to be trying a PAC OEM-2 Factory Sound System Interface to see if i can cut down on the hiss noise. I ordered it from amazon and should be in any day now. I will post my finding on this forum when I get it installed.
I dont know how much experience you have with car audio so if you know this already just ignore me but the LOC will have 4 level adjusters, one for each channel, the idea is to turn DOWN these adjustments some amount (to be determined later) reducing the level of signal going to your factory amp, this will reduce the background noise getting to your amp. Then you will turn UP the volume on the dynavin further than before to make the same audible volume, this makes the background noise a smaller portion of the overall signal going to your amp...effectively increasing the signal to noise ratio of the system.

If you are able to max out the dynavin's volume without the sound being VERY loud, turn the LOC adjustments up some. The goal is to have "VERY LOUD" correspond to around 35+/- on the dynavins volume scale. If you listen to your stereo at a loud volume you could also turn down the LOC even more, reducing the noise even more, but at the expense of max volume.

By the way, im a little on the fence on the oem-2 adapter....it looks right but I am not positive that it has the right adjustment range.... it isnt the one I usually use, I use the soem-4 all the time (well the old peripheral equivalent) and I know it will do what needs to be done. It should be okay though...it wont hurt anything....it just might not do what we are hoping it will do. Standing by for results.

Last edited by jeffb325; 02-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #79
mass03m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325 View Post

By the way, im a little on the fence on the oem-2 adapter....it looks right but I am not positive that it has the right adjustment range.... it isnt the one I usually use, I use the soem-4 all the time (well the old peripheral equivalent) and I know it will do what needs to be done. It should be okay though...it wont hurt anything....it just might not do what we are hoping it will do. Standing by for results.
Frequency response on oem2 and soem4 is the same.. They are both list at 20 to 20000hz depending on input signal. What do you think? I got the oem2 cheap so I figure i would give it a go. (14.99 on amazon plus 4.99 for shipping)
Old 02-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #80
jeffb325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass03m3 View Post
Frequency response on oem2 and soem4 is the same.. They are both list at 20 to 20000hz depending on input signal. What do you think? I got the oem2 cheap so I figure i would give it a go. (14.99 on amazon plus 4.99 for shipping)
Frequency response isnt the problem, the thing i am not sure about is how much it will reduce the output, we are looking for a reduction of around 30%-50%. Im not SURE that the oem-2 adjustment is in that range. Im concerned that it may reduce the output too much....so your radio will be too quiet.

The soem4 has a switch that allows you to select a "range" so it will work in almost any situation while the oem-2 does not.

Its probably okay, its just that I dont KNOW that the oem-2 has the right range while I KNOW that the the soem4 does. Worst case scenario you are out $20 and you try again.

Last edited by jeffb325; 02-26-2010 at 04:02 PM.