E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #1
Honk3xM3

My Ride: 2002 BMW E46 ///M3
Send a message via AIM to Honk3xM3 Send a message via Yahoo to Honk3xM3 Send a message via Skype™ to Honk3xM3
Transmission advice... SMG/6MT

Hello fellow ///M3 owners... recently had serious problems with my transmission (3rd wouldnt go in, was losing 4th completely) checked the gear seat springs, wasnt the problem, and for those who are or were in my shoes i know the feeling...

FML a new 7800 tranny from the dealer?!?
NO Sir!

thats just for the tranny, service not included, tax not included, unless you have a parts tax ID number... which few of us are actually able to obtain (or "know a guy")

well i dont, Know a guy, and didnt have the number either, i thought this was going to seriously put me WAYYYY behind schedule on my mod list... HOWEVER...

not only did i not have to pay 8 grand, i didnt go to the dealer either, i didnt pay 6, 5, or even 4 grand for my new/used transmission...

now, i kno wat most are thinking... Used parts are unreliable, they suck major dong, and blah blah blah, heard it all before...

if ur not "rollin in the dough" like (and excuse my stereotyping) the rest of the middle aged men who own ///M's and jus have the paper to go and just throw out like an old "T" and jus drive their Bimmer... not running it hard, getting some thrill and adrenaline out of ur car... and still would like to have some money left over to continue on ur mod list...
CHECK OUT germanonly on EBAY... i bought a semi-used 45k 6MT tranny from an early '03 M3 for $2200; $2450 total shipped... and are having my shop do the install for $200 bucks! coming to a surprising Total of about $2650-$2700 for a perfectly good 6MT-shipping-and installation...

now i know there are alot of young owners like myself who are like "well FCUK this guy had a shop do it for $200" yea, that is my only advantage here, besides the fact that i cant do it myself seeing as how im in Iraq right now and are having my wife have everything put in motion for me back home... some could save the money on service and DIY, thats cool... some have a guy, thats cool too, and some probably dont trsut their bimmer in the hands of anyone other than a "CERTIFIED BMW TECHNICIAN" or watever...

im not hating on anybody, or tryna be a smarta55 but i did want to let fellow ///M3 owners in on a great deal from a reliable seller on Ebay for WAYYYY Cheaper than you might be able to find it anywhere else... shipped in 4 days... easy plug n play install, and the car runs GREAT. better than ever, it feels LIKE NEW!!

germanonly (also sells SMG trannys, etc.)

EBAY

selling all sorts of OEM crap we need when our sh1t just breaks down...

+1 germanonly

-Honk3xM3

(this is not a paid ad, or any scam stuff... just tryna give the one up)

Last edited by Honk3xM3; 03-05-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Honk3xM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.