E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #21
330ciandr6

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
any suspension can fail, even oem. I've seen a few oem springs fracture.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #22
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
You guys all own BMW's WTF are you doing buying after market suspension in the first place? BMW does their research and makes race cars from the factory. Touching a BMW's OEM suspension should be a felony considering the amount of money and research that goes in to it.

Anything aftermarket is going to be a joke in comparison to OEM performance. Plus you sacrifice the reliability and safety of gods chariot, I mean the e46 when you replace the coils just look at all the people who have died from their suspension going out. It's in the hundreds if not thousands and I won't let this happen anymore thank god KPeng came out with this public service announcement because I can't believe how long we've sat here and let people die in a fiery death. You guys as BMW drivers must rise against this an remind everyone if you paid more it has to be better that's why we all bought BMW's in the first place right???

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #23
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT View Post
You guys all own BMW's WTF are you doing buying after market suspension in the first place? BMW does their research and makes race cars from the factory. Touching a BMW's OEM suspension should be a felony considering the amount of money and research that goes in to it.

Anything aftermarket is going to be a joke in comparison to OEM performance. Plus you sacrifice the reliability and safety of gods chariot, I mean the e46 when you replace the coils just look at all the people who have died from their suspension going out. It's in the hundreds if not thousands and I won't let this happen anymore thank god KPeng came out with this public service announcement because I can't believe how long we've sat here and let people die in a fiery death. You guys as BMW drivers must rise against this an remind everyone if you paid more it has to be better that's why we all bought BMW's in the first place right???
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
royceyokono

My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:

did you have aftermarket suspension on your e46's?
Old 03-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloulou330i View Post
In b4 the raceland aficionados
aka newbets
Old 03-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #26
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:

Yea i agree with you... my OEM exhaust sounds sooooooooooooo much better than my TSE3

anyone want to trade for this POS fart can?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #27
TX_Bullet

My Ride: 2001 325Xi
I was waiting for kpeng to have to bleed his ignorant opinions through his fingers again especially on this topic.

You can't compare the $1500+ kits to racelands.......sorry

YES racelands are cheap as hell and the install CAN be a pain.

YES the suspension is very stiff and probably could use Bilstein Sports in the rear

YES I own a BMW that I paid 10k for 2 yrs ago and but I will not invest 1500+ in my daily driver on suspension

IF you a tracking your car........then the debate becomes very different

IF you have not used this kit you have no opinion.......people you have bought this kit that have high expectation........well your in the wrong

I think Racelands are worth every bit of what you pay for them......nothing more
Number of Destroyed Newb Destroyers- 1
The Mods

Power Flex FCAB
Much more coming.....
TX_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #28
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Bullet View Post
I was waiting for kpeng to have to bleed his ignorant opinions through his fingers again especially on this topic.

You can't compare the $1500+ kits to racelands.......sorry

YES racelands are cheap as hell and the install CAN be a pain.

YES the suspension is very stiff and probably could use Bilstein Sports in the rear

YES I own a BMW that I paid 10k for 2 yrs ago and but I will not invest 1500+ in my daily driver on suspension

IF you a tracking your car........then the debate becomes very different

IF you have not used this kit you have no opinion.......people you have bought this kit that have high expectation........well your in the wrong

I think Racelands are worth every bit of what you pay for them......nothing more
Ignorant opinions? What part of my post was ignorant? No one's asking you to spend $1500+ on a suspension. And if you're not tracking your car, you don't need a coilover setup anyways. Why not pay $600-$700 on a nice set of shocks and springs? Why spend $200 on shoddy coilovers?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #29
TX_Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Why spend $200 on shoddy coilovers?
Unless you have owned, installed and used this setup you actually have no idea and only your assumptions of the integrity on the setup.

In other words......an ignorant opinion.

Not all people on here or who own BMW have an expendable income like yourself to through ridiculous amount of money for something that will eventually need to be replaced.

So lets do some elementary math here.....if racelands are 275 and a "good" set of coilovers are 1200 you would have to buy 4 sets of racelands before you spend nearly as much for the "good" set. And just like any other mechanical component......it wears and breaks just like OEM. Yes the people who built and engineered these cars have things that wear and break to.....imagine that
The Mods

Power Flex FCAB
Much more coming.....

Last edited by TX_Bullet; 03-13-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #30
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Unless you have owned, installed and used this setup you actually have no idea and only your assumptions of the integrity on the setup.

In other words......an ignorant opinion.

Not all people on here or who own BMW have an expendable income like yourself to through ridiculous amount of money for something
Don't say I didn't tell you so when yours falls apart.

I think $600-$700 on springs/shocks is extremely reasonable, and is by no means "ridiculous". If you saved $200 for a set of coilovers you don't need, you can save a bit more.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #31
jreid

My Ride: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal E46 View Post

Let the Raceland wars begin!

Old 03-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #32
TX_Bullet

Yes to YOU 600-700 for a setup is reasonable for you.

Not quite sure about my car falling apart, if I'm not mistaken your car was built by BMW just like mine.

As much as you boost and hack away at your car, I will be looking for the post when it takes a sh*t

And yes I had a H&R Cup kit just like you and took it off because I didn't like the soft ride and excessive rake
The Mods

Power Flex FCAB
Much more coming.....

Last edited by TX_Bullet; 03-13-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #33
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Yes to YOU 600-700 for a setup is reasonable for you.

Not quite sure about my car falling apart, if I'm not mistaken your car was built by BMW just like mine.

As much as you boost and hack away at your car, I will be looking for the post when it takes a sh*t

And yes I had a H&R Cup kit just like you and took it off because I didn't like the soft ride and excessive rake
I was referring to your coilovers, not your car, lol.

And okie dokie
Old 03-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #34
TX_Bullet

and the same goes for your rear shocks
The Mods

Power Flex FCAB
Much more coming.....
Old 03-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #35
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
and the same goes for your rear shocks
Uh...ok? I've had my Cupkit for a little over 5 years now, and the car's been driven hard. So yes, my shocks are probably on their way out. It's called wear and tear.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #36
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Kpeng has spoken! Argument over! I hate Racelands as much as the next guy but there was no reason to start this thread, there are plenty of others and nothing has been said here that hasn't been said a million times before. This is nothing but another show of Kpeng's arrogance.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #37
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post

5. Suspension, BRAKES, and tires are three things no one should ever skimp out on. It's what you ride on, and what keeps you on the road. Spend a little more and do it right. Safety is not worth a couple extra bills in your wallet.

Fixed
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #38
neil1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Bullet
ok dude
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #39
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by poynter View Post
I agree that racelands are pretty much the shittiest coilovers out there.
I own them and have the right to this opinion but is there anyone else in this thread that has actually tried them?
I also have a H&R cupkit that I will be going back to when I get tired of it being so slammed so much that my car scrapes everywhere.
Since you actually have a set, I would value you opinion and thoughts much higher than those who don't. Could you please elaborate on what makes them so bad? Have you had other coilovers to compare them to? T.I.A.

I personally would love to hear the opinions of other people who actually have or have had them. good or bad. a lot of ppl who have not tried them are voicing there opinions. lets hear from the ppl who have. I think these ppl would have the best insight.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #40
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Kpeng has spoken! Argument over! I hate Racelands as much as the next guy but there was no reason to start this thread, there are plenty of others and nothing has been said here that hasn't been said a million times before. This is nothing but another show of Kpeng's arrogance.
LOL ok. I was merely stating my opinion on these coilovers, after reading all the people who are so ecstatic to get them, only to somehow be surprised when they fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
Fixed
You're right. I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
ok dude
That guy is a lost cause.

Tags
wanna be mod