E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #61
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
lol
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #62
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT View Post
You guys all own BMW's WTF are you doing buying after market suspension in the first place? BMW does their research and makes race cars from the factory. Touching a BMW's OEM suspension should be a felony considering the amount of money and research that goes in to it.

Anything aftermarket is going to be a joke in comparison to OEM performance. Pl
us you sacrifice the reliability and safety of gods chariot, I mean the e46 when you replace the coils just look at all the people who have died from their suspension going out. It's in the hundreds if not thousands and I won't let this happen anymore thank god KPeng came out with this public service announcement because I can't believe how long we've sat here and let people die in a fiery death. You guys as BMW drivers must rise against this an remind everyone if you paid more it has to be better that's why we all bought BMW's in the first place right???
orly?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #63
Chad e46

My Ride: 99 323
wanna answer my post bro(kpeng)?

Last edited by Chad e46; 03-13-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Chad e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #64
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad e46 View Post
That could be do to many variables (installation, integrity of other parts of the car, etc) which = not proof
We'll just wait and see then
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #65
bimmer07
Banned

My Ride: //////////M
Send a message via AIM to bimmer07
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Bullet View Post
I was waiting for kpeng to have to bleed his ignorant opinions through his fingers again especially on this topic.

You can't compare the $1500+ kits to racelands.......sorry

YES racelands are cheap as hell and the install CAN be a pain.

YES the suspension is very stiff and probably could use Bilstein Sports in the rear

YES I own a BMW that I paid 10k for 2 yrs ago and but I will not invest 1500+ in my daily driver on suspension

IF you a tracking your car........then the debate becomes very different

IF you have not used this kit you have no opinion.......people you have bought this kit that have high expectation........well your in the wrong

I think Racelands are worth every bit of what you pay for them......nothing more
you must be used to driving a cadillac as the spring rates are ridiculously low as somebody else state, not to mention they vary from spring to spring by about 15-30lbs

readings from a shock dyno also show that said shocks are softer than a set of stock e46 m3 shocks

from what i've seen the quality of the welds on the lower rear shock mounts is shoddy at best, can you imagine what may happen if/when these welds give out while driving
bimmer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #66
TX_Bullet

My Ride: 2001 325Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post

The Kpeng Character is known to display such a quality. However, Kpeng speaks the truth, and does so in humorous manner that may be difficult for some to understand. Tis ok. Carry on.
Truth.......Keep telling yourself that. I will give you that you point out the obvious.

Not quite sure you are phrasing in third person either.

I find it funny when most threads start getting a lot of attention, you turn around with some comment or remark, better yet a thread to attempt to "Destroy Noobs" when you are just pointing out the obvious.
Number of Destroyed Newb Destroyers- 1
The Mods

Power Flex FCAB
Much more coming.....
TX_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #67
kpeng
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Bullet View Post
Truth.......Keep telling yourself that. I will give you that you point out the obvious.

Not quite sure you are phrasing in third person either.

I find it funny when most threads start getting a lot of attention, you turn around with some comment or remark, better yet a thread to attempt to "Destroy Noobs" when you are just pointing out the obvious.

Now respond to bimmer07's reply to you, instead of trying desperately to attack me
Old 03-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #68
benjamin1

My Ride: 350z track edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer07 View Post
you must be used to driving a cadillac as the spring rates are ridiculously low as somebody else state, not to mention they vary from spring to spring by about 15-30lbs

readings from a shock dyno also show that said shocks are softer than a set of stock e46 m3 shocks

from what i've seen the quality of the welds on the lower rear shock mounts is shoddy at best, can you imagine what may happen if/when these welds give out while driving
Did anyone ever put racelands on a shock dyno?

benjamin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #69
bimmer07
Banned

My Ride: //////////M
Send a message via AIM to bimmer07
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin1 View Post
Did anyone ever put racelands on a shock dyno?
yes it was done a few months ago hence where i got the information that the dampening is softer than stock e46 m3 shocks

and the actual spring rates varied from advertised
bimmer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #70
TX_Bullet

My Ride: 2001 325Xi
proof buddy......proof

Believe nothing you hear and half what you see.

Your statements are vague and most likely half opinionated.

Kpeng you are the worse person on here to think you know everything about an e46 as if you were sitting in the same room when the engineers who were building the e46, are you some sort of engineer that BMW consulted with???

Simply don't post your little "attention getter" threads about something you are going to give a poor review to unless you have facts and get off your high horse.

Your first post was nothing but you acting like a critic...........opinions
Number of Destroyed Newb Destroyers- 1
The Mods

Power Flex FCAB
Much more coming.....
TX_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #71
kpeng
Banned User

Once again, I'm going to ask you very nicely to respond to what bimmer07 had to say, instead of trying very hard to attack me.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #72
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
You don't agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by royceyokono View Post
did you have aftermarket suspension on your e46's?
My 325 had PSS's and my M3 had H&R springs for a while and TEIN springs for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
orly?
That post was srs bzns. All troof.

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #73
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer07 View Post
yes it was done a few months ago hence where i got the information that the dampening is softer than stock e46 m3 shocks

and the actual spring rates varied from advertised
Would very help full to compare the the stats from

base non-M l sport non-M l //M l raceland l cupkit l other coilover

If you have please share Thank you.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #74
royceyokono

My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:
You guys all own BMW's WTF are you doing buying after market suspension in the first place? BMW does their research and makes race cars from the factory. Touching a BMW's OEM suspension should be a felony considering the amount of money and research that goes in to it.

Anything aftermarket is going to be a joke in comparison to OEM performance. Plus you sacrifice the reliability and safety of gods chariot, I mean the e46 when you replace the coils just look at all the people who have died from their suspension going out. It's in the hundreds if not thousands and I won't let this happen anymore thank god KPeng came out with this public service announcement because I can't believe how long we've sat here and let people die in a fiery death. You guys as BMW drivers must rise against this an remind everyone if you paid more it has to be better that's why we all bought BMW's in the first place right???
Quote:
did you have aftermarket suspension on your e46's?
Quote:
My 325 had PSS's and my M3 had H&R springs for a while and TEIN springs for a while.

so the pss's, h&r springs, and tein springs in your opinion were a joke compared to the oem suspension?

Last edited by royceyokono; 03-13-2010 at 09:31 PM.
royceyokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #75
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
so the pss's, h&r springs, and tein springs in your opinion were a joke compared to the oem suspension?
lol no i think he ment his original post was a joke, sarcastic humor.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #76
HardPark'd TT

Quote:
if you couldn't tell that post was sarcasm.

I was making fun of everyone who jumps on the "Lets hate RL because its cheaper than the stuff we all boast about but have never used personally"

Lets be real 90% of the people that suggest products like H&R, Bilstein, KW etc have never used all that stuff. Maybe one product from one company but the rest is just hear say and not personal experience. The same should apply here. The people running RL's are the ones that should post reviews on if they're good or bad. Not some internet fanboy that is trying to keep his god status....

Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #77
royceyokono

Quote:
if you couldn't tell that post was sarcasm.

I was making fun of everyone who jumps on the "Lets hate RL because its cheaper than the stuff we all boast about but have never used personally"

Lets be real 90% of the people that suggest products like H&R, Bilstein, KW etc have never used all that stuff. Maybe one product from one company but the rest is just hear say and not personal experience. The same should apply here. The people running RL's are the ones that should post reviews on if they're good or bad. Not some internet fanboy that is trying to keep his god status....
ah i see. didn't catch that.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #78
HardPark'd TT

Quote:
ah i see. didn't catch that.
It's hard to catch over the internet. I've had all name brand suspension on my cars (currently have H&R coils on my TT) but to be honest after talking to friends that have RL's if I got an e46 to have as just a DD I wouldn't mind buying RL's at all. But that's just me.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #79
royceyokono

Quote:
It's hard to catch over the internet. I've had all name brand suspension on my cars (currently have H&R coils on my TT) but to be honest after talking to friends that have RL's if I got an e46 to have as just a DD I wouldn't mind buying RL's at all. But that's just me.
well, can't knock someone for wanting to try Racelands, this forum definitely sparked my curiosity over them. Which is why when i bought the RL's, i bought them solely with the intent to satisfy my curiosity. Because at the time, i was riding on a 4 month old h&r sport cup kit and loved it. And in the end, tried the RLs for a week and went back with my cup kit.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #80
Five_seveN

My Ride: rover james
Send a message via AIM to Five_seveN
Quote:
Once again, I'm going to ask you very nicely to respond to what bimmer07 had to say, instead of trying very hard to attack me.
youre lucky seth got in here to provide substantial basis to your claims, or everyone that has something against your arrogance in this thread had a very valid point.
Five_seveN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wanna be mod