E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #81
HardPark'd TT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cali
Posts: 12,123
My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by royceyokono View Post
well, can't knock someone for wanting to try Racelands, this forum definitely sparked my curiosity over them. Which is why when i bought the RL's, i bought them solely with the intent to satisfy my curiosity. Because at the time, i was riding on a 4 month old h&r sport cup kit and loved it. And in the end, tried the RLs for a week and went back with my cup kit.
I agree, I see it as if you can afford to get something like a cup kit then why not. If you wanna save some money and go low the RL's are a good alternative. Especially to aftermarket springs and OEM shocks.

Obviously the soft springs are not ideal for a performance head but if you're in to auto-x and tracking and you're looking at RL's and trying to save money then you are in the wrong hobby.

Anyone who auto-x's and tracks needs to know that there are no cutting corners to achieve their desired performance but at the same time people need to understand that running RL's is not gonna cause you to die unless they are installed wrong and that is a proven fact (not the death part but the result of something failing due to faulty installation). People running RL's who daily drive their car and are not in to that kind of stuff will tell you they do their job just fine.

What I find funny is the people who talk so high of their "track" suspension and only actually use it on a track 3x's a year and the reality is they're probably not even hitting the full capabilities of that suspension and probably could achieve the same performance on a cup kit. It's the driver not the suspension but then again the more money you spend the better you have to be right!?!? Or you're a pretty cool cat at the least
__________________
Bagged e85 Z4 | www.ogretrograde.com

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #82
330ciandr6
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: .
Posts: 6,605
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Hatred is the highest form of flattery.
A quote of yours that i actually like, i actually like it so much i'll put it in my sig. There are alot of them on this forum.
__________________
Have a oil or coolant leak? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...732&highlight=
ABS/DSC/Brake/Airbag light on?? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...648&highlight=
330ciandr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #83
RockLee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vero Beach FL.
Posts: 2,239
My Ride: 99 328i. ZSP, ZPP,
Send a message via Yahoo to RockLee Send a message via Skype™ to RockLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_bullet View Post
proof buddy......proof

believe nothing you hear and half what you see.

Your statements are vague and most likely half opinionated.

Kpeng you are the worse person on here to think you know everything about an e46 as if you were sitting in the same room when the engineers who were building the e46, are you some sort of engineer that bmw consulted with???

Simply don't post your little "attention getter" threads about something you are going to give a poor review to unless you have facts and get off your high horse.

Your first post was nothing but you acting like a critic...........opinions
+1
__________________

1999 328i Sport Package, Premium Package, 5 speed, Alpine white.
RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #84
bigjae1976
Registered User
 
bigjae1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth
Posts: 11,472
My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Again, I don't understand this. Kpeng is focking with all of you and posts this racist comment against the Raceland crowd.

IT IS A FOCKING SET OF COILOVERS! YOU ACT LIKE HE SAID YOUR MOM WAS FAT! RELAX! AGAIN, ITS A SET OF FOCKING COILOVERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Bullet View Post
YES the suspension is very stiff and probably could use Bilstein Sports in the rear

YES I own a BMW that I paid 10k for 2 yrs ago and but I will not invest 1500+ in my daily driver on suspension

IF you a tracking your car........then the debate becomes very different
Just saying, your suspension gets a lot more abuse on the potholed streets of the US vrs the smooth tarmac on a track.

So, if anything, I wouldn't put a cheap, sh1tty suspension on your street car.

Not that I would ever call racelands a POS

Last edited by bigjae1976; 03-13-2010 at 11:04 PM.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #85
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT;1146239[B
7]

I was making fun of everyone who jumps on the "Lets hate RL because its cheaper than the stuff we all boast about but have never used personally" [/B]

Lets be real 90% of the people that suggest products like H&R, Bilstein, KW etc have never used all that stuff. Maybe one product from one company but the rest is just hear say and not personal experience. The same should apply here. The people running RL's are the ones that should post reviews on if they're good or bad. Not some internet fanboy that is trying to keep his god status....
I'm 95% sure you're not referring to me, but if you are, I'll edit this to respond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT View Post
That post was srs bzns. All troof.
Didn't catch the sarcasm, sorry.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #86
HardPark'd TT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Coast, Cali
Posts: 12,123
My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
I actually wasn't talking about you at all. Just saying there are a lot of people out there like that.
__________________
Bagged e85 Z4 | www.ogretrograde.com

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #87
SDKmann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Davenport/ Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,698
My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
What's so arrogant about posting this thread?
Its arrogant because there are 234097234684 threads on RLs here but you felt the need to create a whole new thread on it just to post your opinion instead of just commenting on an existing one like a normal member. I will say you have done a few nice write ups but your opinion is not important enough to warrant a new thread.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #88
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,941
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Its arrogant because there are 234097234684 threads on RLs here but you felt the need to create a whole new thread on it just to post your opinion instead of just commenting on an existing one like a normal member. I will say you have done a few nice write ups but your opinion is not important enough to warrant a new thread.
hey your from des moines Iowa. ill be in denison iowa april 2-6 working. not that its of any relevance or importance just an observation. lol
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:23 AM   #89
w0w
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 20,007
My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
i heard the car that was tested with racelands flew off the dyno, true story.
__________________
daron
w0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #90
evilstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Inland Empire, SoCal
Posts: 18,941
My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0w View Post
i heard the car that was tested with racelands flew off the dyno, true story.
i heard it internally combusted. true story
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #91
SDKmann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Davenport/ Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,698
My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
hey your from des moines Iowa. ill be in denison iowa april 2-6 working. not that its of any relevance or importance just an observation. lol
Haha, hope you're not bringing your E46, the pot holes here are ridiculous.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #92
Blocked Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,489
My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
I do not own Raceland nor that I was thinking about buying Racelands but if someone were to buy Rcaelands and he saw this thread or any other thread about Racelands it would not scare him off but rather give him more motivation to go and buy them. Why? simply because this and every other thread about Racelands has absolutely NO documented prove that Racelands are in fact defective or in any way unsafe for use.

Raceland is a fairly new company (unlike H&R for example) and right now they are also selling sway bars and headers as well as exhaust piping for newer BMWs so I'm sure they are only going to become bigger from this point.
People who buy Raceland are the ones who just want their car SLAMMED,(and maybe raise it back when its winter) they dont give two sh!ts about performance, and they knwo it, so if you can SLAM your car for 250usd+ shipping compared to $1500-$2500 , then why not.


That said, another idiotic post from kpang, just wait till he tells you what to eat for breakfast and then he'll tell all his 40 year old friends he DESTROYED a gazillion noobs all aver the World. You're better off fighting with Somalian pirates>> get much more support doing that.
__________________
Original BMW Teile ///



====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #93
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Yes yes, keep calling me an idiot and a retard The proof is coming.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 AM   #94
Blocked Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,489
My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Yes yes, keep calling me an idiot and a retard The proof is coming.

Really????

proof


I thought he died like 4 years ago.
__________________
Original BMW Teile ///



====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #95
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
I am not familiar with your urban gangsta reference. However, yes, proof is on the way. A reputable suspension tuning company performed tests on a set of your beloved coilovers. Results will be posted soon. There are a few fanatics on here that can attest to that.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #96
SpeedDemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,939
My Ride: 08 M3/05 ZHP/08 R32
ken!
SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:07 AM   #97
Blocked Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,489
My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
I am not familiar with your urban gangsta reference. However, yes, proof is on the way. A reputable suspension tuning company performed tests on a set of your beloved coilovers. Results will be posted soon. There are a few fanatics on here that can attest to that.
Why are you making sh!t up? I never said I liked them.
I'll love or hate them when I see prove that they are unsafe or have a manufacturers defects which do not meet safety standards. Telling me that they ride like crap ( rear shocks are too soft and bouncy ) isn't considered defective, we know they ride like crap, everything will when dropped to the ground.

Because I think thats your point right? You think because they're cheap > they're unsafe and or have defects which do not meet safety standards, right?

Until you have something to contradict this, they're great for what they are.
__________________
Original BMW Teile ///



====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725

Last edited by Blocked Out; 03-14-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:45 AM   #98
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardPark'd TT View Post
I actually wasn't talking about you at all. Just saying there are a lot of people out there like that.
Gotcha.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #99
zugellos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CALI-SD
Posts: 282
My Ride: '02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
I am not familiar with your urban gangsta reference. However, yes, proof is on the way. A reputable suspension tuning company performed tests on a set of your beloved coilovers. Results will be posted soon. There are a few fanatics on here that can attest to that.
You mind divulging the name of this "reputable" suspension tuning company?
How did you find out about this?

I'm interested in the facts.
Not assumptions/opinions by those who've never used them, you included.

I have nothing against you kpeng.
I just laugh at the bad things people have to say about you, and wonder if they know you well enough to judge you.

Same thing with RLs.
I just laugh at the bad things people have to say about them, and wonder if they know enough about them to judge them.
zugellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #100
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugellos View Post
You mind divulging the name of this "reputable" suspension tuning company?
How did you find out about this?

I'm interested in the facts.
Not assumptions/opinions by those who've never used them, you included.

I have nothing against you kpeng.
I just laugh at the bad things people have to say about you, and wonder if they know you well enough to judge you.

Same thing with RLs.
I just laugh at the bad things people have to say about them, and wonder if they know enough about them to judge them.
I was told by them not to divulge any more details until they create their post. But I assure you that it's a well-known company, especially on this site. My post is not without merit, I just approached it in a different manner that happens to rub certain people the wrong way.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wanna be mod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use