E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
joelnet

My Ride: '02 M3
recommend rotors + pads for e46 m3?

My #1 factor right now is price.

My rotors are distorted and need to be replaced (not interested in having them turned). I've been looking at the BimmerBrakes kit which is $729.99 which seems like a pretty good deal for rotors and pads.

Has anyone used their rotors? or have other recommendations for me to look at before I purchase?

I'm gonnna place an order within the next few days. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
SpeedDemon

My Ride: 08 M3/05 ZHP/08 R32
Just spend the $935 and get a set of OEM floating ZCP rotors and pads from Tischer (that price includes the new carriers). Think of it this way... you're spending an extra $200 for a set of brakes that will last you at least 20k miles (or more depending on how you drive; up to 40/50k).
SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
joelnet

$935 + $167 for pads. That's about 50% more expensive.

Is the OEM kit better?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
SpeedDemon

My Ride: 08 M3/05 ZHP/08 R32
Sorry, I hadn't realized that price was the #1 concern. If that's the case then why not just go with Centric rotors from TireRack for $250? And then order some Jurid (OEM Supplier) pads from Pelican Parts for $150. While you're at it, order your Liter of Ate Blue from Pelican as well for $15. Total cost will be only $415.

Last edited by SpeedDemon; 03-25-2010 at 05:04 PM.
SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
What are you going to use the brakes primarily for? Street? Track? Combo? We can do a set of custom rotors for you with a few different finish options including a gloss black hat, silver zinc plated coating, matte black or gold plated coating and any 2 combo of drilled, slotted or dimpled.

We can package them together with several different pad options- it depends on how you will be using the brakes and what's important to you in terms of cost and performance. We also offer the OE sensors to go with them.

Frenetik Custom Brake Rotors for the E46 M3
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
Evan@Tischer
Your #1 BMW Part Source

My Ride: Honda CRViX
Send a message via AIM to Evan@Tischer
Quote:
What are you going to use the brakes primarily for? Street? Track? Combo? We can do a set of custom rotors for you with a few different finish options including a gloss black hat, silver zinc plated coating, matte black or gold plated coating and any 2 combo of drilled, slotted or dimpled.

We can package them together with several different pad options- it depends on how you will be using the brakes and what's important to you in terms of cost and performance. We also offer the OE sensors to go with them.
Agreed...just depends on what you want and what they'll be used for. For a custom set-up, don't think you can go wrong w/ JLevi SW's offering!!

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Evan@Tischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
ModBargains II
Sponsor

My Ride: Evo 8GSR
Send a message via AIM to ModBargains II
If you're looking for a good street / mild track setup, why not check out the Stoptech Stage 2 Upgrade for you car?

It includes Stoptech Slotted Rotors, StopTech SS brake lines (front and rear), Motul RBF600 fluid, and Axxis Ultimate Pads. It's a great deal for the whole package!

We Specialize In: BMW Parts | BMW Tuning | Avant Garde Wheels | VMR Wheels | BMW Headlights | Alufelgen Wheels
Sales
| Gilbert@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8004
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-7:00pm | Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
ModBargains II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnet View Post
My #1 factor right now is price.

My rotors are distorted and need to be replaced (not interested in having them turned). I've been looking at the BimmerBrakes kit which is $729.99 which seems like a pretty good deal for rotors and pads.

Has anyone used their rotors? or have other recommendations for me to look at before I purchase?

I'm gonnna place an order within the next few days. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!
Our Rotors are Centric Rotors. They are Very Well Known Brand.

(Note: Centric is the parent company of StopTech and Power Slot. StopTech SportStop and Power Slot rotors start as Centric blanks and are machined in-house on computer controlled milling machines.)

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Mike325i

My Ride: 2001 325i
Send a message via AIM to Mike325i Send a message via Yahoo to Mike325i
Since price is the #1 concern, IMO, you can't go wrong with bimmerbrakes. Not only is the price good, but the service is great and you are basically buying stoptech parts without the stoptech price. Why pay extra when you can get the same stuff for cheaper.

My rear brakes are about to go and I've been talking to Anthony@Bimmerbrakes and he is a stand up guy. Answers all the dumb questions I have and is always prompt. I have also hear nothing but good things about him from several people I know.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
mosill

My Ride: E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to mosill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike325i View Post
Since price is the #1 concern, IMO, you can't go wrong with bimmerbrakes. Not only is the price good, but the service is great and you are basically buying stoptech parts without the stoptech price. Why pay extra when you can get the same stuff for cheaper.

My rear brakes are about to go and I've been talking to Anthony@Bimmerbrakes and he is a stand up guy. Answers all the dumb questions I have and is always prompt. I have also hear nothing but good things about him from several people I know.
+1

I will probably be ordering mine soon from him as we get closer to summer.

mosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
vsvahia007

My Ride: E46 M3 02 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony@BimmerBrakes View Post
Our Rotors are Centric Rotors. They are Very Well Known Brand.

(Note: Centric is the parent company of StopTech and Power Slot. StopTech SportStop and Power Slot rotors start as Centric blanks and are machined in-house on computer controlled milling machines.)

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
Hands Down I bought my brake upgrade kit from Bimmer Brakes honestly they are the best bang for the buck. Great Service and Great Products
vsvahia007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #12
joelnet

My car is heavier than a normal M3 due to the stereo equipment thrown into it. So I don't track the car, which is why performance isn't my highest priority.

Eddie from ModBargains was able to hook me up with a great deal on their StopTech Stage 2 Brake Upgrade which came out to $693.10 shipped.

Thanks Eddie!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #13
cancell

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to cancell Send a message via MSN to cancell
Autohausaz.com sells your front rotors for $137 each, and the Jurid OE improved compound pads for $73. That's $346, and they offer free shipping for orders over $50. These are made by BMW's OE parts manufacturers.

This will be your cheapest/safest route for quality parts.

Edit: I'm just a happy customer of theirs, no other affiliation.

The lesser we know...the more they fabricate...the easier it is to sell souls
There is a new price on freedom, so buy into it while supplies last.
We've unified over who to kill, so until I find more relevant scripture to quote...
remember, our god is bigger, stronger, smarter, and much wealthier.
So wave those flags with pride... It's the makeshift patriot.
cancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #14
pkirwan6

My Ride: m3 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnet View Post
My car is heavier than a normal M3 due to the stereo equipment thrown into it. So I don't track the car, which is why performance isn't my highest priority.

Eddie from ModBargains was able to hook me up with a great deal on their StopTech Stage 2 Brake Upgrade which came out to $693.10 shipped.

Thanks Eddie!
Just wondering about your stoptech stage 2 brake upgrade. I would do track once a year and rest driving on the roads but push the car hard any opportunity i get. Would they suit for me
pkirwan6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, rotors