E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
Non-BMW parts, Non-BMW for sale, motorcycles, random car parts, home electronics, cell phones, clothing, shoes, concert tickets, video games, pets and anything else you can think of!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
VERDUGO135

My Ride: E46//E39//ZX6R
Send a message via AIM to VERDUGO135
Wtb; icon xxl helmet

looking for a bike helmet some nice with designs not too banged up.. show me what ya got post pics or email me pics to joyaant911@aim.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoutofsight View Post
GOOD SELLER!!! TRU TO HIS WORD AND I RESPECT THAT 100%!!!!

I will even buy a kidney from this guy!

E46....SOLD
E39.....SOLD
ZX6R.....SOLD
E90......SOLD
E60......SOLD
CLS500....SOLD
R1......SOLD
CHALLENGER.....SOLD :(
08 X5 4.8.......CURRENT
VERDUGO135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #2
glenng

My Ride: '05 330ci ZHP
sent you an email!

everything is hard, before it is easy
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #3
VERDUGO135

replied send me pics and prices interested in dark colors white and black

Quote:

E46....SOLD
E39.....SOLD
ZX6R.....SOLD
E90......SOLD
E60......SOLD
CLS500....SOLD
R1......SOLD
08 X5 4.8.......CURRENT
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
why icon? in general, their stuff is junk. flashy, but junk.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
VERDUGO135

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
why icon? in general, their stuff is junk. flashy, but junk.
never knew that basically i like their helmets because they carry the most insane looking helmets from what ive seen... what other name brands are out there?

Quote:

E46....SOLD
E39.....SOLD
ZX6R.....SOLD
E90......SOLD
E60......SOLD
CLS500....SOLD
R1......SOLD
08 X5 4.8.......CURRENT
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERDUGO135 View Post
never knew that basically i like their helmets because they carry the most insane looking helmets from what ive seen... what other name brands are out there?
well maybe in some crazy way i'll save ur life with some helmet knowledge then.

icon helmets are what they are, cheap and very crazy looking.

but, in my opinion, the #1 goal of a lid is to protect ur brain/face.
This post may be long, but may one day save you some serious injury!

Helmet rating in the US in general is garbage. DOT rating means almost nothing. They dont continually test. Manufacturers actually stamp DOT on themselves. It holds no weight.

Snell is fairly good, but their current guidelines actually allow a higher impact than a human head can withstand. Meaning, some Snell approved helmets don't protect as well as a head needs. They are making serious strides to improve this. Snell has manufacturers send their "test" helmets to the foundation. This means that a manufacturer can hand select which helmets are tested.

ECE is IMO the best mainstream test. The helmets are randomly selected by the testing body. This allows the testing team to get an accurate feel for the helmets coming off the line. Their guidelines are also the most strict of the three tests mentioned.

I would stick to a few brands if I were you. I personally wear a Shark helmet (Shark RSR2 Absolute). IMO, Shark is one of the best (if not THE best) in their committment to quality. They destroy over 500 lids a month just to be sure the ones coming off the line are perfect. The RSR2 and RSX both have 5 out of 5 stars on the Sharp test (see link for Sharp below). The RSR2 is also just a bit over 3 lbs, its freaking awesome.

Read more up on Shark.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/security.php

Sharp is a good resource for testing...gives a good comparison on how helmets perform during impact.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Please dont risk your life/safety trying to save a few bucks. Dont buy a used lid if u dont HAVE to. Also you wanna make sure the production date is less than 5 years. All lids have a sticker on the inside that will say when they were made.

It's totally possible to find a GREAT lid for under $200, even under $150. Check out Scorpion helmets. Great reviews, safe, and fair priced.

A HELMET IS GOOD FOR ONE IMPACT. Then its done. Buying a used helmet, you have NO IDEA if someone dropped if (yes that can ruin a lid).

I hope this helps. My first helmet was a 2nd hand HJC, and I just thank the lord nothing happened. I finally came to my senses and bought my RSR2.

Any questions, just PM me!

Last edited by wrighterjw10; 04-08-2010 at 10:19 AM.
wrighterjw10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
VERDUGO135

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
well maybe in some crazy way i'll save ur life with some helmet knowledge then.

icon helmets are what they are, cheap and very crazy looking.

but, in my opinion, the #1 goal of a lid is to protect ur brain/face.
This post may be long, but may one day save you some serious injury!

Helmet rating in the US in general is garbage. DOT rating means almost nothing. They dont continually test. Manufacturers actually stamp DOT on themselves. It holds no weight.

Snell is fairly good, but their current guidelines actually allow a higher impact than a human head can withstand. Meaning, some Snell approved helmets don't protect as well as a head needs. They are making serious strides to improve this. Snell has manufacturers send their "test" helmets to the foundation. This means that a manufacturer can hand select which helmets are tested.

ECE is IMO the best mainstream test. The helmets are randomly selected by the testing body. This allows the testing team to get an accurate feel for the helmets coming off the line. Their guidelines are also the most strict of the three tests mentioned.

I would stick to a few brands if I were you. I personally wear a Shark helmet (Shark RSR2 Absolute). IMO, Shark is one of the best (if not THE best) in their committment to quality. They destroy over 500 lids a month just to be sure the ones coming off the line are perfect. The RSR2 and RSX both have 5 out of 5 stars on the Sharp test (see link for Sharp below). The RSR2 is also just a bit over 3 lbs, its freaking awesome.

Read more up on Shark.

http://www.shark-helmets.com/security.php

Sharp is a good resource for testing...gives a good comparison on how helmets perform during impact.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/

MOST IMPORTANTLY

Please dont risk your life/safety trying to save a few bucks. Dont buy a used lid if u dont HAVE to. Also you wanna make sure the production date is less than 5 years. All lids have a sticker on the inside that will say when they were made.

It's totally possible to find a GREAT lid for under $200, even under $150. Check out Scorpion helmets. Great reviews, safe, and fair priced.

A HELMET IS GOOD FOR ONE IMPACT. Then its done. Buying a used helmet, you have NO IDEA if someone dropped if (yes that can ruin a lid).

I hope this helps. My first helmet was a 2nd hand HJC, and I just thank the lord nothing happened. I finally came to my senses and bought my RSR2.

Any questions, just PM me!

Quote:

E46....SOLD
E39.....SOLD
ZX6R.....SOLD
E90......SOLD
E60......SOLD
CLS500....SOLD
R1......SOLD
08 X5 4.8.......CURRENT
Old 04-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
talontid

My Ride: >
+ 1 for shark, they are the best helmets out there>>>>>>>>>>>

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...294&highlight=

-uuc-tein-powerflex-rogue-hamann-bbs-STATUS-magnaflow-k&n-
talontid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
get a used shoei helmet. amazing fit, and can be had at a good price used. i am currently using mine for autox but am getting my M (on my license not an ///m) soon

Last edited by mvrk10256; 04-10-2010 at 01:49 PM.
mvrk10256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
JustMadeTheCut

My Ride: bmw-yamaha
geezus you guys need to spend more green on your lids. icon sux like mentioned above. if youre after the look, you will probably need to compromise. a $200 helmet is a waste of $200. anyone in the know will tell you that Arai and Shoei are the best comfort and provide the most protection. there are other brands but they tend to be less consistent. dont ever buy an entry level helmet.. i dont see why they are even legal.
this is what I have for street use:
AGV TiTech: actually known better as the valentino rossi model, its very comfortable, quiet, and meets extreme british safety standards(better than SNELL) its hard to find vendors in the US so you'll need to search pretty hard to get fitment somewhere. i would say its the most comfortable helmet ive ever tried on by a long shot. http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...k--600866.html

track: Arai Profile. Arai IMO makes the safest and best helmets you can buy. if you factor the quality, its actually a bargain purchase. fitment is as easy as walking into any decent bike shop. their padding allows more flexibility with skull and face shape for more universal fitment.

passenger: Shoei xr-1000. why would i spend over 400 bux on my gf helmet? cuz its her life and not mine. i cant fit into it, but i know its got good ventalation and padding is more similar to arai. i would feel like **** if i skimped on my passengers safety.

im not some baller dude that craps cash. ive just seen people get knocked unconcious and heard of worse. if you crash, well you get what you pay for in the helmet world. a small upsale for better coverageis worth it. I crashed at 70 with my first arai and i walked. i wouldnt touch ANYTHING that said Icon. icon people always end up being squidly kickstanders anyways

check out the AGV cuz im very happy with it on the street. lens replacement is very fast once you learn how to do it. and its by far the most comfortable. i recieve compliments from other riders b/c theyre not widely distributed in the US but a great helmet nonetheless

the most important thing of all is to get what fits your head. everyones head is shaped differently and every model from even the same brand will fit different as well. be sure to look for presure points that may cause headaches and too much play if you wiggle your head side to side. just ask your vendor for fitment advice

Last edited by JustMadeTheCut; 04-10-2010 at 05:20 PM.
JustMadeTheCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
BSR423

My Ride: has fool coverage!
Suomy, Arai, some Shoei, some AGV. Only brands I ride with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTKHarris View Post
F that, I'll buy a gun instead.
BSR423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:21 AM   #12
Bimmerman330

My Ride: 330Ci,
Send a message via AIM to Bimmerman330
I have a used Scorpion Exo-700 in white and gold visor.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #13
VERDUGO135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerman330 View Post
I have a used Scorpion Exo-700 in white and gold visor.
thats a nice lid... is that matte white

Quote:

E46....SOLD
E39.....SOLD
ZX6R.....SOLD
E90......SOLD
E60......SOLD
CLS500....SOLD
R1......SOLD
08 X5 4.8.......CURRENT