E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #41
Jack_Smackus
Knight Rider
 
Jack_Smackus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 427
My Ride: 1993 BMW 320i
The media is just another money making industry. Got to make it interesting so people want to watch and sponsors will buy advertising. Journalistic integrity is an oxymoron in many cases. What exactly are we supposed to get out of watching some guy who hasn't yet been proven guilty walking from the court house to his car? None of this would of happened if the media wasn't there and the camera crew wasn't following them down the street. It's called the 'Observer Effect'. Sensationalistic journalism is not to be respected and technically not journalism.
__________________


Real Programmers Don't Document - If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Last edited by Jack_Smackus; 04-25-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Jack_Smackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #42
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Not even sure where to start with this mess of fragmented, incomprehensible, misquoted and misguided assumption of a falsely opinionated post...

so lets break it down


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer330cibro View Post
lol wow
ya calling some a fuc king terrorist is definitely the same as a bully calling someone a dork. I bet you would just walk away if a camera man said "white trash" in front of you on camera with your son/daughter there.
I can see that you dont think calling someone a terrorist is bad. It's actually almost or as bad as calling a black Ni gger. Lets see you defend a camera man yelling out nig ger to a black guy. "its legal"
To me, yes the word is the same. An insult is an insult and the degree of effectiveness or lack thereof is directly proportional to the intelligence, maturity, experience and demeanor of the intended recipient.

According to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist:
ter·ror·ist
Show Spelled[ter-er-ist]
-noun1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

"A person"..... Doesn't say, Arab, Muslim, Indian, Italian or Male or Female.
The definition is in regards to a "Person that creates or uses terror", which can be ANYONE.

That fact that you and many others consider "terrorist" to be solely attached to ONLY Muslims is a fault of the media, government, current events and individuals. This is also why everyone was sooooooooooooo confused whether or not to call Mr. Stack a terrorist as he was a white dude.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/19/us/19crash.html

Quote:
But in place of the typical portrait of a terrorist driven by ideology, Mr. Stack was described as generally easygoing, a talented amateur musician with marital troubles and a maddening grudge against the tax authorities.
This is bullshiet. It was terrorism. Same theory applies to "racism".... how many whites do you see in the news portrayed as victims of "racism"? lol, yea... but it happens everyday, even in this very own thread.

If someone called me white trash in front of my family, I would ask them to be mature and considerate in front of my daughter. #1 priority would be safety and deescalating the situation. I would not lose a second of worry on his words as they mean nothing to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer330cibro
This is not happening to you, nor are you arab/middle eastern, so you dont know the feeling or the degree of racism that was shown in the video.
Again... if you only associate the word terrorist with Arabs...perhaps you should look inside yourself and find the issue. They are just words... words are meaningless unless you give them (and your verbal attacker) meaning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer330cibro


I read some of your replies, and on some what unimportant situation, you say would take out your gun and shoot them, or something along those lines. But this is ok?
Quote me. The use of a firearm is a serious and last resort. One I do not take lightly and hope never to have to fulfill. The fact that you bring in the option of using lethal force because someone calls you a name? Jesus.... you are off man
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 04-25-2010 at 03:37 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #43
neil1138
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,240
JonJon, as you are white, I do not expect this whole argument to compute in your head. No racism intended but you just wouldn't understand unless you are a person of color. To you, words like this mean nothing but if you were of foreign descent, words like that aren't pleasant. I agree with Bimmer330cibro, exactly what he said:

Quote:
This is not happening to you, nor are you arab/middle eastern, so you dont know the feeling or the degree of racism that was shown in the video
I'm Indian and I've had people call me a terrorist, even though it's not true it hurts. If someone called you a terrorist, you'd laugh because you know it's not true. It's apparent that you don't understand and I don't blame you. But your comments just come across as ignorant. Plain and simple
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #44
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
If someone called you a terrorist, you'd laugh because you know it's not true.
So why does it hurt you? Are you a terrorist?

Rethink your logic

I'm Irish and the IRA is classified as a terrorist group
I'm Italian and we have the Mob and Mafia.

I've never been called out as IRA but I hear hundreds of Mafia jokes every year and get called dego plenty of times.

Doesn't bother me.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #45
neil1138
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,240
Did you not read my post? Like I said, you are white, you just don't understand

It's something that affects people of color... I can't explain it
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #46
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
jonjon is a trigger happy redneck .... i know you're going to say it didn't bother you but have i said it out of nowhere i probably would of gotten a warning or ban even right?
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #47
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
Did you not read my post? Like I said, you are white, you just don't understand

It's something that affects people of color... I can't explain it
White is a color... to be more specific, white is ALL colors combined

/mindfreak

And no, it doesnt affect all people of color, it affects those that allow harmful words to retain meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
jonjon is a trigger happy redneck .... i know you're going to say it didn't bother you but have i said it out of nowhere i probably would of gotten a warning or ban even right?
It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #48
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
White is a color... to be more specific, white is ALL colors combined

/mindfreak


It doesn't bother me because I'm white... Obviously I'm not allowed to be insulted
ok you win
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #49
neil1138
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,240
As they say, ignorance is bliss
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #50
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
As they say, ignorance is bliss
I guess?

There are plenty of Muslims and Blacks that put no value in harmful words.
In doing this... it completely takes away all power and insult from the racists that are attacking them.

Those are the people(failed victims) I cheer and look "up" to...
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #51
chicane
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 218
My Ride: BMW M3
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
JonJon, as you are white, I do not expect this whole argument to compute in your head. No racism intended but you just wouldn't understand unless you are a person of color. To you, words like this mean nothing but if you were of foreign descent, words like that aren't pleasant. I agree with Bimmer330cibro, exactly what he said:
BREAKING NEWS: the world is unfair and filled with jackasses would will call you ugly names or even do unfair but not illegal things like following you around with a camera. You are not, I repeat NOT allowed to respond with force to such actions and you are far better off to show that you are a better man by walking away.
chicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #52
chicane
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 218
My Ride: BMW M3
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
Did you not read my post? Like I said, you are white, you just don't understand

It's something that affects people of color... I can't explain it
Who says we need to understand. Do you hear white people whining when some person of color calls them a cracker....no, you don't. They just brush it off and say oh well. Why don't you consider the same instead of allowing your tormentors to have psychological control over you? Or are you just that weak?
chicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #53
neil1138
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,240
These days if someone were to say that to me it would have no effect. You give people the reaction they want and yeah. I'm just saying, those words hold so much hate when said towards a person of middle eastern descent. It's apparent that you fail to understand this over and over again so there's no point in continuing this. I don't blame you for not understanding because you literally can't understand
neil1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #54
russ330
Mod Squad
 
russ330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mississippi's Gulf Coast
Posts: 15,800
My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
JonJon versus E46Fanatics, round 7.
__________________
russ330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #55
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
JonJon versus E46Fanatics, round 7^6565.
fixed...

Nah, I'm out...

Reporter was very ignorant and should be fired (as I stated before)
Muslim man and son could be brought up on assault charges.

but to say that only non-whites can be victims or racism and whites will never know what it feels like is discrimination/racism against whites all in itself.

At the end of the day, we are all people. Jesus.... I hope I'm still alive when the color barriers that divide all of us are dissolved.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #56
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
fixed...

Nah, I'm out...

Reporter was very ignorant and should be fired (as I stated before)
Muslim man and son could be brought up on assault charges.

but to say that only non-whites can be victims or racism and whites will never know what it feels like is discrimination/racism against whites all in itself.

At the end of the day, we are all people. Jesus.... I hope I'm still alive when the color barriers that divide all of us are dissolved.
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #57
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,490
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
Glad I didn't need to put /sarcasm. In there


Lol
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:14 AM   #58
///MACHINE
Registered User
 
///MACHINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,682
My Ride: is an immigrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
JonJon, as you are white, I do not expect this whole argument to compute in your head. No racism intended but you just wouldn't understand unless you are a person of color. To you, words like this mean nothing but if you were of foreign descent, words like that aren't pleasant. I agree with Bimmer330cibro, exactly what he said:



I'm Indian and I've had people call me a terrorist, even though it's not true it hurts. If someone called you a terrorist, you'd laugh because you know it's not true. It's apparent that you don't understand and I don't blame you. But your comments just come across as ignorant. Plain and simple
I couldn't have said it better myself.
__________________
///MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #59
boce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 70
My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1138 View Post
JonJon, as you are white, I do not expect this whole argument to compute in your head. No racism intended but you just wouldn't understand unless you are a person of color. To you, words like this mean nothing but if you were of foreign descent, words like that aren't pleasant. I agree with Bimmer330cibro, exactly what he said:



I'm Indian and I've had people call me a terrorist, even though it's not true it hurts. If someone called you a terrorist, you'd laugh because you know it's not true. It's apparent that you don't understand and I don't blame you. But your comments just come across as ignorant. Plain and simple
Whites are immune to derogatory speech? Since when? You attempt to prove your point with an assumption which you falsely claim to be true, a very convenient type of (improperly) arguing. Time to grow thicker skin if being called a terrorist "hurts" you. Your comments come off as narrow-minded.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcha View Post
Nerds on e46f? We fvck b1tches and acquire mass amounts of currency.
boce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #60
Bimmer330cibro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boz-Bank, Cali
Posts: 1,100
My Ride: AW 330ci And IR M3
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer330cibro Send a message via MSN to Bimmer330cibro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boce View Post
Whites are immune to derogatory speech? Since when? You attempt to prove your point with an assumption which you falsely claim to be true, a very convenient type of (improperly) arguing. Time to grow thicker skin if being called a terrorist "hurts" you. Your comments come off as narrow-minded.
blacks should go thicker skin if calling the N word hurts them...

I am not even gonna continue with this, waste of my time.


bimmer out.
__________________

Last edited by Bimmer330cibro; 04-26-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Bimmer330cibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use