E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:31 AM   #221
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richaraiza View Post

BTW, did you get my PM about the battery and stuff?
Don't think so, havn't had any new PM's pop up

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzy989 View Post
lol do it... the swap isn't too hard...and you get a lot more torque if you go up to the 330 throttle body, intake and maf depending on which way you go, you may need a tune

no brandon filled in the first few... the last two were anthony and me
Hehehe, Rich, was all the above taken off of yours and available to be used so I can go further into debt to you?

As for the tags, they were better a couple days ago but still
Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #222
02m3csl325

Damn, my K&N is for the 325 though, I'd have to order the 330 model.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #223
nowerelsetoroam

My Ride: E46,740i
Send a message via MSN to nowerelsetoroam
he pm'ed me about it pretty much it'd be like the technique tuning turbo
just would have to get some guy from uk to do the tune
for price i dint get one all i just wouldn't have to pay for mark up
and parts wise im guessing it could be that ebay kit
cuz i remember him asking about it

Swicthed from
a 323 to a 740
nowerelsetoroam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #224
Richaraiza

My Ride: TS2+ 330ci, 135i
Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post

Hehehe, Rich, was all the above taken off of yours and available to be used so I can go further into debt to you?

it says it sent! Oh well. I'll just post it. lol.

Hey, wwhat brand is the alternator? Bosch or Valeo? Need to know so I can order a pulley online. Looking for a nut, but I don't think I'll find one. You may have to get it from BMW.

I have the CF trunk on the way. Hopefully two, but for now its just one for sure. The dude I bought the first one from hasn't sent the trunk yet I'm assuming since you haven't said its there yet and its been like 2 weeks and he won't answer my PM's. The one that is coming is the same guy I bought the hood from. I've also purchased a belt tensioner. Just the belt tensioner. Without the pulley. All that has to be done is the old one taken off and transfer necessary parts to fit the new one on. I'm having it shipped ovewrnight so you can have it for this weekend if Azzy can make it there. I'll try and do the same with the pulley, but if you can get to the bmw shop and get it let me know and I can send you money after you give me a price. I was looking online and it seems to only be 34 dollars, but i'll be sending it overnight as well so add about 20.
Richaraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #225
azzy989

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to azzy989 Send a message via MSN to azzy989
Quote:

don't think so... maf and throttlebody are reused on his TS kit lol

Quote:

Hey, wwhat brand is the alternator? Bosch or Valeo? Need to know so I can order a pulley online. Looking for a nut, but I don't think I'll find one. You may have to get it from BMW.

I have the CF trunk on the way. Hopefully two, but for now its just one for sure. The dude I bought the first one from hasn't sent the trunk yet I'm assuming since you haven't said its there yet and its been like 2 weeks and he won't answer my PM's. The one that is coming is the same guy I bought the hood from. I've also purchased a belt tensioner. Just the belt tensioner. Without the pulley. All that has to be done is the old one taken off and transfer necessary parts to fit the new one on. I'm having it shipped ovewrnight so you can have it for this weekend if Azzy can make it there. I'll try and do the same with the pulley, but if you can get to the bmw shop and get it let me know and I can send you money after you give me a price. I was looking online and it seems to only be 34 dollars, but i'll be sending it overnight as well so add about 20.
if the alternator is the same one i got, it uses a bosch pulley

azzy989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 AM   #226
02m3csl325

Quote:

Oh yea, completely forgot to mention that your trunk came a couple days ago, sorry I havn't opened the box yet but I will to check it out for you and get some pics. I will check the brand in the morning here as it's still raining like a banshee over here. I will check with Schomp tomorrow as well on the pulley.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 AM   #227
Richaraiza

Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
Quote:
What this guy said.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #228
02m3csl325

Quote:

if the alternator is the same one i got, it uses a bosch pulley
I was afraid of that, lol.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:43 AM   #229
Richaraiza

Better to be raining than snowing
Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #230
azzy989

Quote:
I was afraid of that, lol.
there are other options...

using the MAF and throttle body from a 330, you will need a tune because the MAF is larger than the 325 maf...

you can run the 330 manifold with your 325 hardware with no tune but you need to get the turner motorsports adapter plate. and of course this won't yield you much power... basically you keep the same intake size but you benefit from the different manifold design that the 330 has.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #231
02m3csl325

Yea well it's more a mixture of slowing right now as it's a blistering 31 degrees out.

Anyway, if I was to perform said manifold/maf/throttle body swap, how much do you think that would net me?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 AM   #232
2wenty6

My Ride: e36 M3
Quote:
Better to be raining than snowing
But if the annual April blizzard hits Rapid City then school gets cancelled!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #233
azzy989

Quote:
Yea well it's more a mixture of slowing right now as it's a blistering 31 degrees out.

Anyway, if I was to perform said manifold/maf/throttle body swap, how much do you think that would net me?
i'm not sure.. it hasn't been documented much on the m54... if you do a full 330 intake and manifold swap, you have much more air that can go in... the 330 maf is 3.5" vs the 325's 3"... the 330 throttle body is 3" vs the 325's 2.5".. so it is a pretty significant increase in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wenty6 View Post
lol you don't want school getting cancelled?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 AM   #234
Richaraiza

Depends on how much you want to pay for the manifold.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #235
Richaraiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wenty6 View Post
what's wrong with that?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #236
02m3csl325

Quote:
i'm not sure.. it hasn't been documented much on the m54... if you do a full 330 intake and manifold swap, you have much more air that can go in... the 330 maf is 3.5" vs the 325's 3"... the 330 throttle body is 3" vs the 325's 2.5".. so it is a pretty significant increase in size.

Yea, I see, I would definitely need to do headers then. Sounds like a worthwhile project in the future though. Would I also need to upgrade injectors then or would the electronics compensate?

Quote:
Depends on how much you want to pay for the manifold.
Lol, so if I pay you $100 it would net me 100hp?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #237
Richaraiza

Quote:
Yea, I see, I would definitely need to do headers then. Sounds like a worthwhile project in the future though. Would I also need to upgrade injectors then or would the electronics compensate?

Lol, so if I pay you $100 it would net me 100hp?
Don't think you would need to upgrade injectors

oh, lol. I thought you meant price.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #238
azzy989

Quote:
headers will be worthwhile... i felt a big difference from it with headers..

as far as injectors go, if you stay in colorado, probably not. i don't know what the stock injector rates are but you already know that your injectors aren't working at full capacity since there is less air here so doing that swap here probably would be fine....

at sealevel, i couldn't tell you. i would think the injectors should be fine, but there is no way to tell without knowing what the stock injector capacity is.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:06 AM   #239
02m3csl325

Quote:
Don't think you would need to upgrade injectors

oh, lol. I thought you meant price.
Hehehe, seeing as I hadn't really thought about this before, this sounds like a great addition but I won't be there for a while so we can talk about the details later, unless you decide to sell it sooner then let me know.

Quote:
headers will be worthwhile... i felt a big difference from it with headers..

as far as injectors go, if you stay in colorado, probably not. i don't know what the stock injector rates are but you already know that your injectors aren't working at full capacity since there is less air here so doing that swap here probably would be fine....

at sealevel, i couldn't tell you. i would think the injectors should be fine, but there is no way to tell without knowing what the stock injector capacity is.
Good point. I think doing headers plus this intake swap along with a shark injector + a tune would be my best and cheapest route to NA power until I can afford my turbo setup in the distant future. I would imagine with all that I should gain somewhere in the vicinity of 30-40wheel don't you think?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #240
2wenty6

My Ride: e36 M3
Quote:
Quote:
what's wrong with that?
I want school to be cancelled. I meant it rained instead of the blizzard, so school still goes on And then I have one test, one homework, two lab reports, and a design project due. These professors and their final assignments..

Sorry for the confusion

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power