E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Jonshmoe

My Ride: (GONE)
Send a message via AIM to Jonshmoe Send a message via MSN to Jonshmoe Send a message via Skype™ to Jonshmoe
Red face I need help on picking a nav/radio!!!

Hey, Im kinda new to this forum...my dad has been driving BMW's since i was born and now i have my own 2000 323ci. Im looking to swith out the radio and put in a nav. system and something that has an iphone/ipod hook up... I dont want to spend $600...i currently have the BMW business radio. May you please offer suggestions/links/advice. Thanks
Jonshmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Lith

My Ride: '03 Gray 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonshmoe View Post
Hey, Im kinda new to this forum...my dad has been driving BMW's since i was born and now i have my own 2000 323ci. Im looking to swith out the radio and put in a nav. system and something that has an iphone/ipod hook up... I dont want to spend $600...i currently have the BMW business radio. May you please offer suggestions/links/advice. Thanks
Well if you will change your radio to an aftermarket one, you will have to replace all the speakers since they are 2ohm and the radio is 4ohm or something like that, or 8ohm. But I might be wrong, And a radio with a navigation will be more than $600 i think, unless its some crappy stuff. Sorry if I didnt help .
Lith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Do not put any aftermarket Nav in your car accept this one>> http://www.euro-spec.net/store/index...857df6f14c08ff

Its the only one that looks good and it actually worth the money, if you dont have the money dont buy anything.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
rick chi-town

My Ride: '02 330Cic & '08 X5
do a search of the audio forum for "dynavin" you'll find 3 or 4 active threads on this unit. It is a china-made aftermarket headunit that looks completely OEM and is probably exactly what you are looking for. It is completely plug and play, has a ton of versatilty in the form of RCA in's as well as iPod and USB hook up for all your own music. It is retailing for $649 from one of the sponsors and looks really, really good. I have one on order, as it's like a 3 week + wait for shipping.
The only real draw-backs that I have seen are no satellite radio support and you'll need the AC relocation kit which I think I paid $40 bucks from Tischer BMW.
rick chi-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
rick chi-town

My Ride: '02 330Cic & '08 X5
too slow on the draw... there you go..
rick chi-town is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
323ci, navigation, radio