E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #21
xlash

My Ride: '05 325i MT
One more thing. I took the clamps out but didn't take out the hoses. Are these easy to remove?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
eric_waltrip

My Ride: 2000 blk 323ci 5spd
lol I remember when me and my mechanic did an emergency fuel pump and filter in my garage... worst idea ever full tank equals full garage of gas ...smelled in the house for several days , my wife wasnt to happy..
I road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos
eric_waltrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #23
DaHammer

My Ride: 2003 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlash View Post
One more thing. I took the clamps out but didn't take out the hoses. Are these easy to remove?
If you'll grab the rubber hoses with a pair of pliers to hold them (don't squeeze to hard, you just want a firm grip) and then grab the filter with your hand and twist it slightly, you can break the rubber hose loose from the filter. At that point, you just pull the rubber hose off of the filter. Be prepared to plug the hoses, else they'll leak gasoline until you do. A 1/4" extension is the perfect size to plug the hoses while you replace the filter. Don't forget to release the fuel pressure first, else you'll get sprayed with gasoline.

The deal with the bracket is that the bracket is grabbing ahold of the threads on the bolt that secures it. You should be able to just wiggle it (or pry it) off. Squeezing the bracket will help. And no, it doesn't just drop down once the nut was removed. Sorry you got that impression. If you're not jacking the car up so that you can see what's going on, doing that will make it easier.
DaHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
Gate1

My Ride: 318iSE
I did mine today following the notes on this thread. I used a golf tee to flug the fuele line when I disconnected the clamps. This helped to minimise the loss of fuel. It went very well.
Gate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #25
Terry05E46325i

My Ride: 2005 325i
length of hoses?

I am preparing to change my fuel filter. Can someone tell me the length of the hoses as I want to have new on hand before I start.
Terry05E46325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #26
Pimpwerx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate1 View Post
I did mine today following the notes on this thread. I used a golf tee to flug the fuele line when I disconnected the clamps. This helped to minimise the loss of fuel. It went very well.
I have a few extra tees lying around. How well do they fit? I wanted to do this today...though that ac fan is going in first. PEACE.
Pimpwerx is offline   Reply With Quote