E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
gte869h

My Ride: 2002 330i Orient Blu
Problems with UUC Customer Service

I'm starting this thread to see if anyone else out there has stories to share about their experiences with UUC. Without going into details about my situtation, which I am dissappointed with considering the circumstances of how long I have waited, etc.

So basically, please share you're stories. Did you received what you ordered in a timely manner? Did they send you everything correctly? Did you think they're parts were overpriced? Was they're customer service good? Or did you just forget about the crap you went through once you were able to get the parts you wanted?

I'm starting this thread to see if I'm only having problems with them or if there are others out there.

Thanks
gte869h is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
kent330i

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to kent330i
Yes, I think their products were overpriced.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
empirem3

My Ride: JB E46 M3
whats up with UUC lately?? theres a few threads like this on local forums too...

empirem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
E46325Ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
my brother had a horrible experience with them on his 540i 6 speed clutch, I never recommend them to anyone
Old 05-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #5
nk_zhp

My Ride: ZHP / E30 M3
Most UUC products are being resold by some other online source... and sometimes for less. I recommend getting them this way. They do come up with some awesome things so in my book they are more of an engineering firm and not a place to buy stuff from.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
gte869h

My Ride: 2002 330i Orient Blu
That's a good tip. I was at a dealer who actually had stock of UUC products and was selling them at discounted prices.
gte869h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
bishop1977

My Ride: 04 330i ZHP S/C
i never have any problems with them...and as for pricing they give you a 15% discount for just asking
bishop1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Avet4

My Ride: 2004 330i 6spd
What have you guys bought from them? I bought the short shift kit and it arrived in a few weeks. I didn't have any problem with the actual part but I can't ignore how overpriced was is for what it is. It would be more appropriate at a 3rd of the price. I think for the asking price of $325 it should include the DSSR and a weighted shiftknob rather than what is essentially just 2 solid pieces of metal.

I don't think my issue can be considered a customer service thing though, just what I feel is inappropriate pricing.
Avet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet4 View Post
What have you guys bought from them? I bought the short shift kit and it arrived in a few weeks. I didn't have any problem with the actual part but I can't ignore how overpriced was is for what it is. It would be more appropriate at a 3rd of the price. I think for the asking price of $325 it should include the DSSR and a weighted shiftknob rather than what is essentially just 2 solid pieces of metal.

I don't think my issue can be considered a customer service thing though, just what I feel is inappropriate pricing.
I'm guessing a "few" weeks is an exaggeration. If it really look that long, you should have been calling them up. I ordered some SS brake and clutch lines and trans mounts with TME's and they arrived in 2 days. Granted, they are in GA and I'm in NC.

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
330I6SPD

My Ride: 2005 330I 6Spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk_zhp View Post
Most UUC products are being resold by some other online source... and sometimes for less. I recommend getting them this way. They do come up with some awesome things so in my book they are more of an engineering firm and not a place to buy stuff from.
So true, I found a local UUC retailer in Tampa and walked out the door with their display Corsa UUC TSE 3 for under a grand!!! In this economy retailers will discount big dollar stock items to free up cash.
330I6SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Avet4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
I'm guessing a "few" weeks is an exaggeration. If it really look that long, you should have been calling them up. I ordered some SS brake and clutch lines and trans mounts with TME's and they arrived in 2 days. Granted, they are in GA and I'm in NC.
Well at the time I got it they had just relocated so things were taking longer than usual. It ended up being a few weeks in the end, but I did make one phone call and was told that I shouldn't worry, that they're simply waiting on parts. I wasn't in any rush so it didn't bother me. The price though, yea the price bothered me.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #12
jbfrancis3
Formerly Snox400

My Ride: 1999 323i
They will always pick up the phone if you call.

As for pricing, expectations will always vary. There certainly seems to be a premium on the products in the view of most vehicle owners. I don't believe that you can overlook the fact that they generally provide well-engineered products manuf. from high quality materials.

Last edited by jbfrancis3; 05-06-2010 at 11:37 AM.
jbfrancis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
Avet4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
I don't believe that you can overlook the fact that they generally provide well-engineered products manuf. from high quality materials.
That seems to be where a lot of people have mixed opinions though. For instance I've heard great reviews about their clutch kits as well has some really bad ones.

Even with the SSK, the washers and misc plastic pieces didn't fit perfectly. Yea it was fixable but if the selling point of a product, and their justification for the prices is the meticulous engineering that has gone into it then I didn't get what I expected for that price.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #14
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
Here's the issues I had with them in 09. No issues in 2010... because I won't buy **** from them ever again:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...091&highlight=
Old 05-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #15
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avet4 View Post
Well at the time I got it they had just relocated so things were taking longer than usual. It ended up being a few weeks in the end, but I did make one phone call and was told that I shouldn't worry, that they're simply waiting on parts. I wasn't in any rush so it didn't bother me. The price though, yea the price bothered me.
With the Evo3, is sixth gear a little hit or miss? A buddy of mine has one on his 05 zhp and sixth just doesn't feel right. I ended up going with the BMW Performance SSK and UUC's DSSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal E46 View Post
Here's the issues I had with them in 09. No issues in 2010... because I won't buy **** from them ever again:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...091&highlight=

zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #16
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: 323i -98
I've bought all my UUC products through harrisson motorsports, customer service there is exceptional (and i'm an international customer too)

Only thing i can complain about is their FCAB's which was too "loose" for my OEM control arms
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #17
Tangent_

My Ride: '01 330i
The only time something I ordered from them didn't ship right away was because it was back-ordered. (RK6A-L shift knob) I called up to find out when it would be available and was asked if I'd considered the RK7A-L. I looked at it, decided I liked it, and they shipped it out right away.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #18
Avet4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
With the Evo3, is sixth gear a little hit or miss? A buddy of mine has one on his 05 zhp and sixth just doesn't feel right. I ended up going with the BMW Performance SSK and UUC's DSSR.
6th feels extra short and also feels like it curves into it's cog rather than go straight into it. It's a very unsatisfying shift. Luckily it's the most rarely used gear. In retrospect I should have done the same as you.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #19
Jrob1

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i
I've been buying UUC for years and never had any problems. I usually pick up something new when there is a sale since many of their items are overpriced, but I believe the quality is good. Currently have UUC swaybars, strutbarbarian, Evo3 short shifter, weighted knob, brake and clutch lines, and soon a lightweight flywheel and clutch. Never had any issues with quality or service at all.
Jrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote