E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 54 votes, 4.91 average.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #24101
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
^ too baller for me man... i stay away from baller forums, prefer to see everyday people build sick cars than those with no limit resources. More passionate i believe, more deals on the parts, vs the ballers just buy it retail. Just generally more i can relate to.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #24102
The Law

My Ride: 1993 325i
So I just finished fixing the tension pulley which both bolts snapped off that held it in place. One was fixed with a bolt extractor the other one was drilled out 2mm then tapped to put heli-coil in it so that ish is legit now. Only thing to work on is the electrical, yay me. I'll do that later on this week but I'm trying to go to the sumospeed show.
The Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #24103
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
I'm sure I completely missed it about 100 pages ago but what is the engine management setup on the new car? Custom tuned OEM?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #24104
IB RearWheelin

My Ride: Rental...for now.

This is what i'm riding now fellas...the 7 is no longer apart of my life. this morning it was crushed. I wanted to shed a tear, but I've already done that several days ago. You all will see me on the street now with riding buddies, the gsxr-1000 and an allllll black hayabusa belongs to me. beep the horn if you see me. I'll be back in a bimmer soon, most likely another 7 series but if not probably an older 3.

This is my badazz gsxr 1000. power commander usb III, cams, extended swing arm, 200 in the rear, adjustable lowering spring, chrome rims (aftermarket), custom rear lighting, custom side lighting, HID headlights, No catalytic converter just pipes running out of the side, soon to be boosted :-)
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #24105
HolmeSiR

My Ride: 95 Avus M3
You didn't by chance ride that down to the beach saturday afternoon w/ like 30 other bros on crotch rockets kickin ass and takin names on the way did you?
HolmeSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #24106
IB RearWheelin

nope but i was involved in the police chase afterwards coming home with the rest of em (damn near 50 riders)...heading from the beach towards norfolk. 3 State Troopers chasing...
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #24107
The Law

My Ride: 1993 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
I'm sure I completely missed it about 100 pages ago but what is the engine management setup on the new car? Custom tuned OEM?
It's an AA tune pretty similar to card counter on bf.c when his car was making 500 hp now it's double that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB RearWheelin View Post
nope but i was involved in the police chase afterwards coming home with the rest of em (damn near 50 riders)...heading from the beach towards norfolk. 3 State Troopers chasing...
That's not very smart to say that just to let you know. You be surprised how easily it would be for a cop to track this comment down.
The Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #24108
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
^ well technically there is nothing in his statement to suggest that he was running from the cops or doing anything illegal, he could have been cruising and the riders/cops caught up to him, but still not anything to really brag about...

no offense rear wheelin, but with as many times as your 7 was crashed. you on a bike makes me very nervous.
jwm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #24109
IB RearWheelin

if you live in the beach...you know how the bike riders are. especially if you've seen them at the oceanfront. take off speeding down 17th and or 19th to duck the cops. hit 264 high speed back to "hots" in norfolk.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #24110
IB RearWheelin

much respect to the 1000's ,1200s and better.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #24111
XiKnight

My Ride: 2002 M3
Maybe I missed it years and posts ago but are we having some kind of a meet this month?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #24112
Focal E46

My Ride: is a DIYer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
no offense rear wheelin, but with as many times as your 7 was crashed. you on a bike makes me very nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiKnight View Post
Maybe I missed it years and posts ago but are we having some kind of a meet this month?
Nah, nothing has been planned yet. There is the Sumospeed Show on the 15th that a few people may be going to. I think I'm going to create a thread for a meet on the 22nd/23rd if it hasn't already been done.

Anybody going to the BMWCCA Annual picnic on June 12th? Or the Tech Session they are holding at Racewerks on July 17th?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #24113
XiKnight

Ill be at the BMWCCA picnic and the Tech session. I cant wait for the autocross they are having, My wife is finally bring the X3 out to see what it can do. But good idea on the meet thread we should atleast do something like meet up in VA beach somewhere are at the AMC 24 in Hampton or a Ferry trip...
Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #24114
Focal E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiKnight View Post
Ill be at the BMWCCA picnic and the Tech session. I cant wait for the autocross they are having, My wife is finally bring the X3 out to see what it can do.
When is the autocross? The car control clinic? Do you know where the "surprise location" is gonna be?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #24115
Focal E46

May meet thread:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=763566
Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 AM   #24116
marineifra

My Ride: 1995 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by das BENZin View Post
There we go....

Now, to scrape off the old head gaskets...
omg...that little ass thing is what we were after?
Quote:
custom machined? What is the thread pitch and length? I guess it's too late now but I would give fastenal a call to see if they had an equivalent steel bolt, if they or Mcmaster Carr didn't have then yeah I guess you were screwed (ha).
good 1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
you can shark it now. pullies wont make a difference to the shark program.
what kind of cats did you put in?
why did you take them out in the 1st place?
from what i have been told...pullies dont do shite anyways...i keep hearing mixed opinions...can someone that actually HAS pullies say one way or the other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by das BENZin View Post
Well, it's not just the thread length and pitch that matters, but the head size too. It all works together to complete the air-tight-seal of the warm up regulator. It wouldn't have been a good idea to leave it down there anyways, because it could have rolled back and plugged up the water drain.

And now I have to wait until tomorrow for a radiator drain plug and fuel injector hold-down bolt to come in because they stripped out in the process
uh, we didn't strip the radiator drain plug...we demolished it!
Quote:
Damn, that is some bad luck. You might as well be driving a 7-series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsed7 View Post
Always worth coming out for a drink afterwards.

car is wingless...
why are you wingless...and what are you going to do w/ the wing?
Quote:
sam...wtf?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm5 View Post
^ well technically there is nothing in his statement to suggest that he was running from the cops or doing anything illegal, he could have been cruising and the riders/cops caught up to him, but still not anything to really brag about...

agreed...maybe you need somethign that just doesn't go fast b/c i see this bike being a bad idea for you also! did you keep the roundels before you let them crush it?
marineifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #24117
XiKnight

Its going to be July 19th i heard it was going to be at the Naval station but its still in works.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #24118
das BENZin

My Ride: 1985 380SE 5.6
Why do this area's MB dealers suck so much ass? Lost a bolt somewhere, trying to find a replacement. Nobody stocks them. When I was up in MD I could get pretty much anything I needed. What's more, parts orders made before 9am would be filled same day. Not here...lame.

Last edited by das BENZin; 05-11-2010 at 07:47 AM.
das BENZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #24119
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
ive done pullies. i swear up and down the car spools up quicker than it did before, but people say its in my head. i know what i felt. maybe it was just my car and the condition of my pullies and tensioners.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #24120
JC_s_1998_M3

My Ride: 1998 M3 Vert
Send a message via Skype™ to JC_s_1998_M3
Quote:
This sounds vaguely familiar of something "another" member said a few months ago...