E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #41
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3IGNman View Post
Don't call him bron bron, come on dude. You watch too much TMZ. Do you call Britney Spears Brit Brit too?
used to calling ron artest ron ron, it sounded similar
Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #42
R3IGNman

My Ride: it depends
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm View Post
+1

If you ever see lebron on the bench or going into a time out, he is MAD shift eyed. He is so damn conscious of everything around him, seems like he is more interested in looking great, than BEING great.
Dude seriously pussied out tonight, and after his 7th year in the NBA i would have though he would know what to do. I was expecting some serious over-drive but he just crawled under a rock. He honestly doesnt even look like he give a flying ****.
Very, very good point. I think that most people haven't caught on to the fact that Lebron is more about fame and fun as opposed to winning and competition. He likes the lifestyle and environment of playing basketball more than the challenge of tearing the heart out of his opponents and being the best at all cost. Not that it's a bad personal characteristic, but, it seems to me that Lebron is more of an entertainer than a competitor...which probably makes him a fun person to be around, but it also doesn't translate into athletic greatness.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #43
razahyde

My Ride: bmw m5 w/ boost!
long as kobe is in the game, king lebron aint getting ****!
Old 05-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #44
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
Quote:
Very, very good point. I think that most people haven't caught on to the fact that Lebron is more about fame and fun as opposed to winning and competition. He likes the lifestyle and environment of playing basketball more than the challenge of tearing the heart out of his opponents and being the best at all cost. Not that it's a bad personal characteristic, but, it seems to me that Lebron is more of an entertainer than a competitor...which probably makes him a fun person to be around, but it also doesn't translate into athletic greatness.
+1, his decision this summer will say a lot..
Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #45
R3IGNman

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0w View Post
Yep. This is going to be an interesting crossroads for him because it will indicate what kind of a competitor he is. Is he the type that actually has the kind of heart that causes him to believe he can be a champion wherever he is, or will he throw in the towel and leave for "better opportunities"? If he comes to NYC, well, not that I'll be upset lol, but I will definitely lose a little bit of respect for him. NYC will offer him that lifestyle I suspect he craves. But if it's all about competition and proving to everyone that he is the best, well, then he will stay in Cleveland. If he stays in Cleveland then I will gain a lot of respect for him, because it shows he's the kind of competitor that is unique to His Airness. MJ had the kind of killer instinct that made him believe he was going to win in Chicago at all costs.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #46
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkwithanr View Post
So a triple double is choking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
did you actually watch the game? lebron's my favorite player, but he played like a babyback b1tch tonight. the cavs are a 1-man team and they're facing elimination. he knew this full well and he was afraid to take action and shoot the ball. the reason he has a triple double is because he passed the ball off everytime it was in his hands. he couldn't not earn assists if he wanted to.

I know it's been said, but imma say it again....this is why he isn't better then kobe.

Jordan/Magic/Bird/kobe....hell even fckn paul pierce(no that im comparing him to these hall of famers) knows that when the game is on the line you demand the ball and take over. It's your team, your the captain, you make the plays...

you don't get the ball at the top of the key and pass the ball to delonte west. you demand the ball and take shot after shot and will your way to a win.....or atleast fckn try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presns3 View Post
did he really hurt his arm?

i also heard he had an argument with the coach... so maybe hes like fk that, im not winning a championship for this coach... ill get one eventually...
i dunno

but yeah, he definitely looked like he checked out and stopped caring

even if he hurt his arm....kobe has a broken finger on his shooting hand,bad back, bad knee, alot older and slower and you will never see kobe play like that in an elimination game.....he will force shots, go 1 on 4, attack the basket and put it all on his shoulders before he passed the ball to luke walton to make a play.

Quote:
it's been like this since day one....he wants to be a billionaire...and im sure he is going to do it.....but the hype of him being the best player in the game....is just a marketing tool, he sells jerseys and product....but he isn't winning rings
Evidence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:36 AM   #47
E25ci

My Ride: E46 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_n9ne View Post
I've never seen a team stop playing with 1.5 left. NBA rigged.....? Sh!t just keeps looking like that
Old 05-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #48
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
im 90% sure is that was jordan farmar walking the ball up the court like Mo Will did....kobe might have killed him right then and there.
Evidence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #49
R3IGNman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
im 90% sure is that was jordan farmar walking the ball up the court like Mo Will did....kobe might have killed him right then and there.
haha very true. Jordan put Steve Kerr on his ass after punching him in the face during a team practice, imagine if Kerr had walked the ball up so casually back in the day. Yikes, I think MJ would have knocked his head off his shoulders sending it into orbit.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #50
335iTah

My Ride: 335i>330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0w View Post
tryna focus on this thread but keep looking @ your AE's ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFF112 View Post
Calm down, gently remove your tampon and then sit back relax and enjoy a nice glass of 'mind your own fuccing business'.
335iTah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #51
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
I know it's been said, but imma say it again....this is why he isn't better then kobe.
Jordan/Magic/Bird/kobe....hell even fckn paul pierce(no that im comparing him to these hall of famers) knows that when the game is on the line you demand the ball and take over. It's your team, your the captain, you make the plays...

you don't get the ball at the top of the key and pass the ball to delonte west. you demand the ball and take shot after shot and will your way to a win.....or atleast fckn try.

even if he hurt his arm....kobe has a broken finger on his shooting hand,bad back, bad knee, alot older and slower and you will never see kobe play like that in an elimination game.....he will force shots, go 1 on 4, attack the basket and put it all on his shoulders before he passed the ball to luke walton to make a play.

it's been like this since day one....he wants to be a billionaire...and im sure he is going to do it.....but the hype of him being the best player in the game....is just a marketing tool, he sells jerseys and product....but he isn't winning rings
mos def. i wouldnt be so disappointed in lebron tonight if he just kept jacking up bricks. instead, he just passed the ball off to the rest of his team, which wasn't playing well anyways. boston didn't even break 100 points tonight. if lebron would've just kept the ball and kept forcing the situation, there'd be a decent likelihood that the cavs would be getting ready for game 7
Old 05-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #52
dramacydaL

My Ride: 04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_n9ne View Post
I've never seen a team stop playing with 1.5 left. NBA rigged.....? Sh!t just keeps looking like that
my EXACT thoughts.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #53
fordpwns

My Ride: GR STi

-Dr. F. Pwns

"bro a real university is a little bit harder than community college. let me know if you get into haas, then you'll see"
fordpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #54
Banned

My Ride: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp330ci View Post
The Celtics have a better coach and better team players. Everyone on the Celtics has a role they play very well.

TO me the Cavs are just poorly coached and awful to watch.

Go Lakers!
This is the key, the Cavs did not have a coach that matched the talent.

Lebron is gone and so is Mike Brown. Doubt he will ever get another coaching gig.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 AM   #55
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Lebron is soft. A team, and even Lebron himself, is capable of getting in his head. Lebron looked scared, plain and simple. A player who is compared so often to His Airness, should never be so mentally weak and soft. This is what separates him from Jordan and even Kobe, absolutely no killer instinct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
ding ding ding ding!!!

exactly, freaking soft like a wet noodle.

you get 4 out of 4 2pac spits for the correct answer

wrong wrong wrong

lebron will win the championships once he is on a better team.

he obviously was depleted because he couldn't do it all himself.

how could you bring up kobe and MJ when they had a stellar supporting staff not to mention a strong bench

lebron has NONE of that. he's like the patrick ewing - all talent - no championship due to a mediocre team.

coco you're way to hard on lebron - he will get the trophy soon enough and smash it on your face

then put it in the butt of reiger guy - then smash it on the heads of the mods on this forum.

then the new people too because they buy high mileage used bmws

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:

Last edited by Born Again; 05-14-2010 at 03:25 AM. Reason: p.s. i still have jetlag from europe and im buzzed on wine!!!
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
wrong wrong wrong

how could you bring up kobe and MJ when they had a stellar supporting staff not to mention a strong bench

lebron has NONE of that. he's like the patrick ewing - all talent - no championship due to a mediocre team.

coco you're way to hard on lebron - he will get the trophy soon enough and smash it on your face

then put it in the butt of reiger guy - then smash it on the heads of the mods on this forum.

This is the best supporting cast he has ever had. What does he need, an all-star team?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #57
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
please - post their #'s - they were a no show brah - but prove me wrong - please i'd love to see their stats for the playoffs

absolutely dismal performance

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #58
Banned

Quote:
please - post their #'s - they were a no show brah - but prove me wrong - please i'd love to see their stats for the playoffs

absolutely dismal performance
Like he was in game 5?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #59
scowil

My Ride: e55
Quote:
wrong wrong wrong

EXACTLY he will win a title one day, there is no doubt this is the best supporting cast he has had but kobe has always had better players around him PERIOD.
kobe has only won titles when he has a great team around him, 3 with shaq in his prime.

what did kobe do when he had no real team aound him from 04-07??? he didnt even make the playoffs one year and lost in the first round the other 2.

no matter how great a player kobe is he has only ever won titles by having a great team around him.
scowil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:52 AM   #60
wrighterjw10

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
i wondered when someone would make this stupid comment.

triple double that was almost a quadruple double because he had 9 turnovers!

Yes its choking when you dont win the series. This is a team sport, and when your team loses individual stats mean jack sh1t
yeah....but ur blaming one guy for the loss....

Quote:
wrong wrong wrong

They built that team with Labron's approval, cant use that as a crutch. I also wouldn't say he has NO ONE around him either.

IMO, the Celts (I fvcking hate them, and Rondo looks like a rat child) played great team defense. They shut down Labron. They got him out of his zone. The other players didn't really deliver like they needed to (except Mo).

They are so use to leaning on Labron in the clutch, they kept feeding him the ball in the 2nd half, when it was clear he wasn't going to go off like he can. He'd bring the ball up, make the outlet pass, and they'd force it back to him downlow into the double team.

Regardless, the CAVS lost, NOT just Labron. He didn't play great, get over it.

Last edited by wrighterjw10; 05-14-2010 at 06:56 AM.
wrighterjw10 is offline   Reply With Quote