E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #121
Dan99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omaha-Nebraska
Posts: 3,052
My Ride: 2001 330xi
there's nothing wrong in trying to transition into the bulls next season, and the best way is to show that the cavs suck without lebron...
__________________
Dan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #122
CiRaceTechnik
If I was a drug, Id be DOPE
 
CiRaceTechnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: USC %SOCAL
Posts: 1,167
My Ride: E46.ZHP
Send a message via AIM to CiRaceTechnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Interesting how there is so many lebron haters now

In comparison new England patriots had a perfect regular season and "good ol boy" Tom Brady lost the superbowl but he didn't receive hardly the scrutiny that lebron is getting in the press.

wonder why?! Hmmm
Uhhh...

Tom Brady:
-Played in 4 Championship games, won 3 of them, being one play away from winning the 4th.
-Won the Super Bowl his second season in the league

LeBron James:
-07 playoffs- lost in round 3
-08 - swept in the finals
-09 - lost in round 3
-10 - lost in round 2
-Still without a championship after his 7th season

Even though it's like comparing apples and oranges, I just don't see how you could even tryyy to bring that up.
__________________

Falken Tires | Function & Form Suspension | Meguiars
CiRaceTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #123
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,660
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3IGNman View Post
1. You ran off when I proved you are delusional, then you pop up unexpectedly like a goblin living in F2B's basement. Hmmm wonder why?!

2. You must be talking about a different Lebron James, because the guy on the Cavs gets a free pass for losing EVERY YEAR. He never bears any responsibility, instead, everyone blames it on his 'talentless' team. I'm sorry, but a 'talentless' team doesn't win 60 games during the season, nor do they come equipped with two other all-star players...in fact, Jamison was the franchise player in GS earlier in his career.

3. Newsflash: Tom Brady ALREADY won a title.
It's like talking to an ugly wall with u

performance in regular season doesn't mean squat

The cavs as a whole did not play well in the playoffs

do you need me to bust out some crayons and draw something for u?

Or do u want to jump back on the I hate lebron bandwagon?
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #124
w0w
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 20,007
My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
im not gonna go back and read your posts born again, but you're telling me this whole season you believed lebron wasnt gonna win the title because his supporting wasnt good enough? all year everyone raved about how great his team was playing and to be honest before the last two games of the playoffs the cavs were playin really good ball and it looked like it was gonna be the cavs-lakers in the finals. the major reason the cavs lost the series is because lebron was a no-show, if he went down with guns blazing then he deserved no criticism but him curling into a ball and disappearing in the deciding games was sad
__________________
daron
w0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #125
w0w
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 20,007
My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
a good read:

http://nbaoffseason.com/post/5971234...ut-i-know-what
__________________
daron
w0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #126
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
It's like talking to an ugly wall with u

performance in regular season doesn't mean squat

The cavs as a whole did not play well in the playoffs

do you need me to bust out some crayons and draw something for u?

Or do u want to jump back on the I hate lebron bandwagon?
lebron's still one of my favorite athletes, but that doesn't change the fact that he sucked in the series against boston and he singlehandedly let the city of cleveland down last night. their team dynamic revolves around his performance. he understands this, and he didn't step up.

lebron defenders can blame his mediocre team as much as they want. the fact is: his team played more or less as well as they've been expected to play and he didn't. that's why they lost.

im not going so far as to say that lebron gave up or that he doesnt care about winning or any of that. im not him, and anything that i can speculate about his drive or verve would be just that: speculation. but whatever reason he had for sucking it up so bad, the fact remains that he sucked, and he handled the situation the wrong way. he shouldn't have been passing the ball off and hoping that the rest of the team could shoulder the burden that he's expected to deal with day in and day out. he's the team leader and he reacted like a team b1tch last night
__________________

Last edited by Mike Larry; 05-14-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #127
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,660
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
lebron's still one of my favorite athletes, but that doesn't change the fact that he sucked in the series against boston and he singlehandedly let the city of cleveland down last night. their team dynamic revolves around his performance. he understands this, and he didn't step up.

lebron defenders can blame his mediocre team as much as they want. the fact is: his team played more or less as well as they've been expected to play and he didn't. that's why they lost.
Yes he played poorly and the turnovers were embarassing.

Kobe has bad games and the rest of the team steps up and wins without him though

what about Rondo? Arguably the MVP of the series but didn't play that well in the last game vs the cavs and Boston still won.

I'm just saying there is more than one piece of the puzzle.
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:05 PM   #128
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
It's like talking to an ugly wall with u

performance in regular season doesn't mean squat

The cavs as a whole did not play well in the playoffs

do you need me to bust out some crayons and draw something for u?

Or do u want to jump back on the I hate lebron bandwagon?
I'm going to pretend you're correct in your arguments. This is your point then:

LeBron is extremely over rated, hyped up and should not be an MVP.

LeBron does need to move another team and where he can be a Robin to a Batman. Where there is another all star he can follow and rely on someone else for the clutch shots.

LeBron is not in the same league as Wade and Kobe or even to be spoke in the same breath as Jordan.

LeBron is at his best in the regular season because he plays more relaxed teams when compared to the playoffs.

__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #129
R3IGNman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: it depends
Posts: 607
My Ride: it depends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
It's like talking to an ugly wall with u

performance in regular season doesn't mean squat

The cavs as a whole did not play well in the playoffs

do you need me to bust out some crayons and draw something for u?

Or do u want to jump back on the I hate lebron bandwagon?
Riddle me this, how can a team play in the playoffs if the "regular season doesn't mean squat," genius?

Actually, due to the fact that the Cavs had the BEST record in the league, that makes it even more pathetic that Lebron couldn't rally the troops in the most important game of the season, game 5 at HOME. Lebron had all of the tools to win a championship, that's why most sports journalists and insiders picked the Cavs to win the damn title.

Yes, the regular season matters, because that's what dictates playoff placement, and possibly more importantly, it illustrates how TALENTED each team actually is. The regular season proved that the Cavs had a good team with some good talent...the playoffs proved that Lebron is the weak link and can't pull his weight as the leader and 'best' in the league. He desperately needs to work on developing at least a reasonably good jumper and then somehow find a way to steal Michael Jordan's soul, only then will Lebron have enough skill AND heart to lead his team to the title.

Yes, I'm possibly being a bit too harsh on him, but, as someone who gets compared to MJ and often gets rated above Kobe Bryant so often, I feel it's time to be a bit harsh.
__________________

Last edited by R3IGNman; 05-14-2010 at 05:23 PM.
R3IGNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #130
R3IGNman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: it depends
Posts: 607
My Ride: it depends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Yes he played poorly and the turnovers were embarassing.

Kobe has bad games and the rest of the team steps up and wins without him though

what about Rondo? Arguably the MVP of the series but didn't play that well in the last game vs the cavs and Boston still won.

I'm just saying there is more than one piece of the puzzle.
Get this through your head:

Lebron had the pieces of the puzzle around him, hence a 60-win season, but he was the missing piece of the puzzle in the playoffs, hence a 30 point loss at home and a shitty performance with an absolutely horrible FG percentage and almost as many turnovers as he had rebounds in the series.

Case closed.
__________________
R3IGNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #131
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Yes he played poorly and the turnovers were embarassing.

Kobe has bad games and the rest of the team steps up and wins without him though


what about Rondo? Arguably the MVP of the series but didn't play that well in the last game vs the cavs and Boston still won.

I'm just saying there is more than one piece of the puzzle.
that may be so, but if his team wasn't stepping up and kobe was playing poorly, he'd fight tooth and nail for the ball and take the game upon his shoulders, for better or worse. that's what lebron should've done yesterday, and he didn't

it's one thing to have a bad game and ease back and let the rest of your team take over. it's a whole other thing when you stand by and just let your ailing team crumble before your eyes just because you haven't been shooting well.

youre absolutely right that theres more than one piece of the puzzle. but that doesnt change the fact that lebron was the main piece
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #132
Mike Larry
Registered User
 
Mike Larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 131
My Ride: 575 nello
http://joedonatelli.com/we-are-the-w...ng/05/14/2010/
__________________
Mike Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #133
MTreyM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: LA,Cali
Posts: 801
My Ride: MTrey, E60
http://www.terezowens.com/exclusive-...-with-his-mom/
__________________
MTreyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #134
iwannagofast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 858/305
Posts: 315
My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
u guys didnt hear?????? since lebron is changing his jersey number to 6.... hes going to come down to miami with dwade and they are going to create the 3 6 mafia..... and be the biggest duo in nba history.....
__________________

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #135
Choson1
Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,003
My Ride: Keepin' it Real
lebron is an amazing playmaker. he makes everyone around him play better. however, lebron's not a closer. it's not in his character. having a killer instinct is a personality thing, not a physical attribute. if lebron were paired with someone who could close the game out for him like a kobe or a wade, that team would be scary. i really hope he joins wade in miami and riley coaches them. that would be very entertaining for the league
__________________
Choson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #136
Evidence
Registered User
 
Evidence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Downey, Ca
Posts: 607
My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by MTreyM View Post


if only it was Tmz reporting it.....that would have made my whole year
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #137
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Interesting how there is so many lebron haters now

In comparison new England patriots had a perfect regular season and "good ol boy" Tom Brady lost the superbowl but he didn't receive hardly the scrutiny that lebron is getting in the press.

wonder why?! Hmmm
You are such a hypocrite bro.

Hmm whats funny werent YOU the one making Patriot hate threads? Yes, yes you were....i know because when you made a hate thread when you "thought" they were going to lose during the regular season, and then made yourself look stupid with all the hate......you reported me making fun of you for it.

so save the "people shouldnt hate on bron"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighterjw10 View Post
yeah....but ur blaming one guy for the loss....

actually if you read my title it says lebron choked...not lebron lost the series. So thats where you are incorrect.

Furthermore, as the star/leader of the team they always bear the responsibility of winning/losing thats part of their job. Every star in every sport anywhere gets the majority of the blame when their team loses. I figured you should know that by now.
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #138
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,660
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
You are such a hypocrite bro.

Hmm whats funny werent YOU the one making Patriot hate threads? Yes, yes you were....i know because when you made a hate thread when you "thought" they were going to lose during the regular season, and then made yourself look stupid with all the hate......you reported me making fun of you for it.

so save the "people shouldnt hate on bron"


actually if you read my title it says lebron choked...not lebron lost the series. So thats where you are incorrect.

Furthermore, as the star/leader of the team they always bear the responsibility of winning/losing thats part of their job. Every star in every sport anywhere gets the majority of the blame when their team loses. I figured you should know that by now.
lol - reported you for what?

you are being paranoid.

i'm not a member of the press genius - the sports channels are going wild about this failure from lebron - again little fanfare over a near perfect season from patriots - besides your hereo brady is an smug prick.
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #139
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
i always love how you play dumb about "reporting people" but its always an odd coincidence how you get into it with someone, then suddenly your/their posts disappear and either you get banned or the other person gets infractions.

you may not be a member of the press but you have hated on a team/players that were supposed to win, and now turn around and give people grief for the same reason?

ya fail
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #140
Born Again
Registered User
 
Born Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
Posts: 4,660
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
this is an open discussion -if you don't like it leave the thread u created - so you are -1

I'm not into circle jerks where we are just so all agreeable
__________________

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use