E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
IFX

My Ride: AW //M
I have no idea...

Hey guys, lately me and my girl have been going through a very rough time..

Not talking for 3-4 days at a time, arguing over the stupidest crap, it's ridiculous.

Well anyway, we did start talking, and then she mentions "oh i'm getting my tattoo next week"
Now we had this discussion, awhile ago and said I didn't think she should get one. But now, by her mentioning this, it seems like she doesn't really give a **** what I think...

And the reason this pisses me off is because she's always talking about how I don't care about what she does etc..
(I do admit, I'am a bit hard-headed) But you guys ever deal with **** like this?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
gqkris

My Ride: 02 BMW M3 99 Cr-V
...don't care as in hanging out with guys, talking to guys, partying late etc or other stuff like eating too much or being a vegeterian? I'm a bit hard headed too, like i don't care if my gf goes out to party with her friends as long as she's not leading guys on and doing stupid stuff. In general i don't care what she does but i'll give my input on major things, the longer you've been with a girl the more you're gonna care what she does because one day you might marry her... but for the tattoo it's hard to say for you, is she getting some thing that means something? and where? how big? people do judge on how people look or she's just doing it to piss you off. Hard to say for me because i have a half sleeve done and i got it as token of my dad so i can remember him and he'll be by my side forever. But i wouldn't want her to get something that she couldn't cover up. If it was something small or means something special then i'd be cool...at the end of the day you can't keep your girl in line about everything, then u'd just be some kind of control freak
gqkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
IFX

I didn't even ask where or what she's getting, I didn't feel like getting into it.

I'm not the type to argue over the same thing again and again.. So I let it go.
I expect my other to know what pisses me off..

We'll see come next week
Old 05-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
xlash

My Ride: '05 325i MT
Been there done that. Here's my advice. Sit down, talk to her and tell her that she's doing things that you don't like. Explain how the situation could turn around and go around and go the other way. It may not be tattoos but there's other crap you like to do that she wouldn't want you to. Tell her you love her and you want this to work and you're willing to make a few compromises and want her to meet you half way.

And about the fights, explain that you want it to come to a stop. If you guys are about to get into a fight then try ways such as cutting communication for 30min before resuming. Explain that the fight wasn't going to lead anywhere. It also helps if you guys do stuff together that you both enjoy.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:43 AM   #5
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
I didn't even ask where or what she's getting, I didn't feel like getting into it.

I'm not the type to argue over the same thing again and again.. So I let it go.
I expect my other to know what pisses me off..

We'll see come next week
well, you just validated her feeling that you don't give a crap what she does...

maybe the two of you have grown apart? how long have you all been dating? What was the relationship status before? What are the future prospects? How old are both of you?

There are so many different variables here...
Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Maybe a break? Just be ready to hit the eject button, life is too short for someone to be deliberately pissing you off like that.

For me, tattoo = major no-no
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Hey guys, lately me and my girl have been going through a very rough time..

Not talking for 3-4 days at a time, arguing over the stupidest crap, it's ridiculous.

Well anyway, we did start talking, and then she mentions "oh i'm getting my tattoo next week"
Now we had this discussion, awhile ago and said I didn't think she should get one. But now, by her mentioning this, it seems like she doesn't really give a **** what I think...

And the reason this pisses me off is because she's always talking about how I don't care about what she does etc..
(I do admit, I'am a bit hard-headed) But you guys ever deal with **** like this?
lemme take a guess, is your girlfriend like 18-19?

girls do things like this to be unpredictable, spiteful, and etc... i've done it before years ago... you end up on the outs with your girl for a couple weeks, you take a little break, and then all of the sudden they are doing all these things that are completely out of the ordinary

they are looking for a reaction

without getting into further detail, take it for what its worth, if you guys are arguing back and forth and she is (presumably spitefully) getting this tatoo, tell her to take a hike.... not worth the headaches man, trust me when i tell you
Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
TravsM3

My Ride: 05' 545i, ZSP
Food for thought....I asked my first wife to not get a tattoo b/c I don't really like them. She did, we ended up in divorce. That wasn't the only reason but that was a small sign of how much she respected my wishes. That ball of snow will gain momentum and size as it rolls downhill. You are forewarned.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravsM3 View Post
Food for thought....I asked my first wife to not get a tattoo b/c I don't really like them. She did, we ended up in divorce. That wasn't the only reason but that was a small sign of how much she respected my wishes. That ball of snow will gain momentum and size as it rolls downhill. You are forewarned.
On the flip side, that also showed how ignorant (and maybe stubborn/selfish) you were to what she wanted. I'm not trying to point the finger at you, but there are 2 sides to every story....

Compromise is what is needed to work things out, not arguing each others side of the fight.

But I get what you mean, and I do agree. All of the little things add up.... and they add up QUICK
Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #10
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
You are her BF...yout not her husband...you have no right to tell her not to get a tattoo...and if your mad over it and thinking that she doesnt care what you think....stop and observe the situation from others perspective.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:43 PM   #11
IFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
lemme take a guess, is your girlfriend like 18-19?

girls do things like this to be unpredictable, spiteful, and etc... i've done it before years ago... you end up on the outs with your girl for a couple weeks, you take a little break, and then all of the sudden they are doing all these things that are completely out of the ordinary

they are looking for a reaction

without getting into further detail, take it for what its worth, if you guys are arguing back and forth and she is (presumably spitefully) getting this tatoo, tell her to take a hike.... not worth the headaches man, trust me when i tell you

I beleive my girl FEEDS off this.
She's 17, (pedo bear status maybe, but i'm 19 lol)

She didn't get the tat, it's been the same **** though,and she hasn't mentioned anything about it either.. still arguing over nothing. I think it is that time to let it go. I think I've pushed her away, (like I said, I'm hard-headed, and I don't feel like stressing over a girl at my age is really neccesary, so I tend to brush things off and let it ride) I beleive it's really taken a toll on her now and she's just retaliating.

On the phone with her as I type this
Old 05-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravsM3 View Post

Haha, a tattoo set you off? Control freak much? Damn man, it's not a big deal. If those types of things set you off, you probably should not get married again.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 AM   #13
JaYaRe

My Ride: goes, Brroom Brooom
smack the living sh1t out of her.... JK just have sex with her but i mean give it to her, completely destroy her VAGGG... that should please her then walla she's in a good mood