E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
hippak

My Ride: M3
What HVAC Relocation Kit do I need

Hi guys. I'm trying to figure out what relocation kit I need.

I've got a 2002 M3. Here's an attached pic of my HVAC. I can't figure out what is meant by:

51168230902 (individual buttons)
51167001408 (single line of buttons)

Can someone help? I've attached a pic for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strip.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	362007  
hippak is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
tnhl1989

My Ride: 02 330xi(RIP),03 ZHP
Send a message via Skype™ to tnhl1989
Take yours apart first...
tnhl1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
Arty

My Ride: 1999 328i
You have the single line of buttons.

The individual buttons are individual buttons.
Arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
yes you have the single panel of buttons. meaning that there is one strip without breaks in it that all the buttons fit into. the other style has square grids in the button strip where you can add other buttons by cutting the strip shorter.
anyhow, the part number you have is the one without a lighted ashtray and maybe the connector for the cig lighter. if you have those, you want the one with the smokers package...892 I believe.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=35&hl=40
Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
cmpcpro

My Ride: 2000 Mercedes S430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
yes you have the single panel of buttons. meaning that there is one strip without breaks in it that all the buttons fit into. the other style has square grids in the button strip where you can add other buttons by cutting the strip shorter.
anyhow, the part number you have is the one without a lighted ashtray and maybe the connector for the cig lighter. if you have those, you want the one with the smokers package...892 I believe.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...51&fg=35&hl=40
Sorry to bring up an old post but I wanted to state the following so someone doesn't make the mistake I almost just made.. Alex is correct the 1408 part number OP mentioned isn't for the smokers package however the 892 part is a smokers package but it's not a relocation kit it's the factory cubby on top.. I almost ordered 892 from dealer for a little over $100 with a no return policy and right at the end they noticed it was for non-navi.. forgot the correct part number I think it had 410 at the end but I will post in my other post after I receive it tomorrow.
cmpcpro is offline   Reply With Quote