E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #41
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,523
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Don't worry, she did you a favor. You should thank her for letting her know she is a slore and move on. The "friends" that you've lost weren't friends anyway, so you are better off without them.

Be relieved that this didn't happen further down the road when you were married and had to divorce her.

You didn't do anything wrong. She is the problem, so don't doubt yourself one bit. Sounds like she was not worth it anyway.

You'll know when you find the right girl. Until then, don't take the BS from anyone.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #42
jaewonder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 422
My Ride: 13 Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Don't worry, she did you a favor. You should thank her for letting her know she is a slore and move on. The "friends" that you've lost weren't friends anyway, so you are better off without them.

Be relieved that this didn't happen further down the road when you were married and had to divorce her.

You didn't do anything wrong. She is the problem, so don't doubt yourself one bit. Sounds like she was not worth it anyway.

You'll know when you find the right girl. Until then, don't take the BS from anyone.
I want to give her a british nanny shaking.
__________________
jaewonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #43
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Being cheated on is one of my biggest fears. I have never been cheated on as far as I know... but if that day comes I will become the biggest assh0le to every woman I encounter/date.


Never trust a b1tch.
Maybe this will make you feel better.

My friend shows up to my house yesterday and says "hey, my wife left me" Took all her **** out of the house and moved in with her parents.

They were married for two years at a courthouse and decided to have a big wedding 3weekends ago. I was in the wedding party.

She also drained their bank account.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 AM   #44
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Maybe this will make you feel better.

My friend shows up to my house yesterday and says "hey, my wife left me" Took all her **** out of the house and moved in with her parents.

They were married for two years at a courthouse and decided to have a big wedding 3weekends ago. I was in the wedding party.

She also drained their bank account.
what a b1tch
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #45
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
what a b1tch
dude it's crazy. I thought sh1t like this only happened on TV. fuucking 3 weeks ago 200 people showed up and gave them gifts for a wedding she didn't want to happen.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #46
CRSmoak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 331
My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
just remember, it's not your fault.

Anyone who's been cheated on knows the feeling, but there's nothing you could have done to prevent it. No amount of attention, etc would have changed it. You'll get over it, though
Actually it is his fault! People need stop acting like pussies and own up. It's a females job to keep the male interested, it's a males (YOUR) job to keep the female interested. That's it, period, no exceptions!

OP you want to know what you can do, I'll tell you. Figure out what YOU did wrong, don't be a moron like most guys by simply saying oh gash golly it just wan't meant to be because it's horse ****. And don't be a ***** by calling her one when it's your own fault. Everything, and I do mean absolutely everything any living thing does (this includes your now ex) is to survive or gain some sort of advantage (no matter how small) that will help it or in this case her to do so. So why did she cheat, well she cheated to increase her chances of survival. Thats the ultimate reason, now use this knowledge to figure out what you did wrong. I.e., how did some of the things you did decrease her chances of survival. Learn from your mistakes don't ignore and forget about them.
__________________
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #47
stapler12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,584
My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
if she cheated on you it just means one thing.you chose a low calibre girl and your game aint good enough
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #48
stapler12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,584
My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Actually it is his fault! People need stop acting like pussies and own up. It's a females job to keep the male interested, it's a males (YOUR) job to keep the female interested. That's it, period, no exceptions!

OP you want to know what you can do, I'll tell you. Figure out what YOU did wrong, don't be a moron like most guys by simply saying oh gash golly it just wan't meant to be because it's horse ****. And don't be a ***** by calling her one when it's your own fault. Everything, and I do mean absolutely everything any living thing does (this includes your now ex) is to survive or gain some sort of advantage (no matter how small) that will help it or in this case her to do so. So why did she cheat, well she cheated to increase her chances of survival. Thats the ultimate reason, now use this knowledge to figure out what you did wrong. I.e., how did some of the things you did decrease her chances of survival. Learn from your mistakes don't ignore and forget about them.


i shouldve read this post before i wrote mine. you totally right. the OPs sh!t aint together.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #49
TravsM3
Registered User
 
TravsM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,856
My Ride: 05' 545i, ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Actually it is his fault! People need stop acting like pussies and own up. It's a females job to keep the male interested, it's a males (YOUR) job to keep the female interested. That's it, period, no exceptions!

OP you want to know what you can do, I'll tell you. Figure out what YOU did wrong, don't be a moron like most guys by simply saying oh gash golly it just wan't meant to be because it's horse ****. And don't be a ***** by calling her one when it's your own fault. Everything, and I do mean absolutely everything any living thing does (this includes your now ex) is to survive or gain some sort of advantage (no matter how small) that will help it or in this case her to do so. So why did she cheat, well she cheated to increase her chances of survival. Thats the ultimate reason, now use this knowledge to figure out what you did wrong. I.e., how did some of the things you did decrease her chances of survival. Learn from your mistakes don't ignore and forget about them.
While there are always reasons why someone cheats and yes some of those involve our own problematic issues in the relationship there are still tons of women (and men) that simply crave attention. Once the attention fades into a state of normalcy that person begins to look elsewhere for that new "spark". This society in general is a "me, me, me" society and lends itself to being extremely selfish, self centered and totally self absorbed.

Bottom line is this girl will find that her new guy will fall into that same state of normalcy in time and repeat that same action with him. Be thankful you got away without the hassle of divorce and even worse kids.
__________________
TravsM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #50
CRSmoak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 331
My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravsM3 View Post
While there are always reasons why someone cheats and yes some of those involve our own problematic issues in the relationship there are still tons of women (and men) that simply crave attention. Once the attention fades into a state of normalcy that person begins to look elsewhere for that new "spark". This society in general is a "me, me, me" society and lends itself to being extremely selfish, self centered and totally self absorbed.

Bottom line is this girl will find that her new guy will fall into that same state of normalcy in time and repeat that same action with him. Be thankful you got away without the hassle of divorce and even worse kids.
There is only one reason why a person cheats, and honestly, there is only one reason any living thing does anything. That is to survive or to gain some advantage to help it do so. Your post is not wrong, it's just not looking at the whole picture. Your just looking at things from the surface, survival is always the ultimate reason for anything we do. Free will is nothing more that an illusion in that sense.

As for the "me, me, me" society, well there simple answer for that to, evolution. Humans aren't designed for modern world we live in. Evolution is always a step behind it's environment, it takes hundreds to thousands of years for any significant changes to be made, changes like some of the instincts we humans possess. Humans are designed to live in small tight nit communities or tribes that rely on each other for survival not for the mega metropolis of a world we live in now. Most of our instincts are designed for a different time, one most no longer live in. Unfortunately in our society, the nice guy is usually at a disadvantage. We probably were/are all nice at one point in our lives, it's this modern world we've ignorantly created for ourselves that is forcing us to change.

Lastly, have you ever thought that the reason most people break up and get divorced is simply because humans didn't evolve to have life long monogamous relationships? Sure it can be done but...
__________________
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #51
Keno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sunset Blvd
Posts: 461
My Ride: smelly & leaky 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Keno
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Actually it is his fault! People need stop acting like pussies and own up. It's a females job to keep the male interested, it's a males (YOUR) job to keep the female interested. That's it, period, no exceptions!

OP you want to know what you can do, I'll tell you. Figure out what YOU did wrong, don't be a moron like most guys by simply saying oh gash golly it just wan't meant to be because it's horse ****. And don't be a ***** by calling her one when it's your own fault. Everything, and I do mean absolutely everything any living thing does (this includes your now ex) is to survive or gain some sort of advantage (no matter how small) that will help it or in this case her to do so. So why did she cheat, well she cheated to increase her chances of survival. Thats the ultimate reason, now use this knowledge to figure out what you did wrong. I.e., how did some of the things you did decrease her chances of survival. Learn from your mistakes don't ignore and forget about them.

While I completely understand the logic, you need to understand that his ex had the ability to end it BEFORE fvcking someone else. Furthermore, women usually start going for male attention when they aren't getting it at home.

Perhaps this guy was waaaayyy to busy with his career, etc. to give this girl the amount of attention she needed. From the OP's description of the chick, she needed A LOT of validation/attention to feel like he was committed.

So yes, although this girl couldn't keep up with this guy's lifestyle, I don't think the OP needs to change who he is or how he leads his life. At the end of the day, one of them won't be happy with the relationship. Furthermore, orchestrating the way you treat this girl to "keep her in love" is manipulative and merely postpones an eventual breakup.
__________________

Last edited by Keno; 06-05-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Keno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #52
CRSmoak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 331
My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
While I completely understand the logic, you need to understand that his ex had the ability to end it BEFORE fvcking someone else.
She could have ended it before cheating on him, it's just that most of her instincts were telling her not to, though I understand your point of view as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
Furthermore, women usually start going for male attention when they aren't getting it at home.
No arguments with you there, though there is much more to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
Perhaps this guy was waaaayyy to busy with his career, etc. to give this girl the amount of attention she needed. From the OP's description of the chick, she needed A LOT of validation/attention to feel like he was committed.

So yes, although this girl couldn't keep up with this guy's lifestyle, I don't think the OP needs to change who he is or how he leads his life.
While it may seem like I'm suggesting the OP should change, I don't mean to nor care frankly. I'm just trying to help him/people look at things in a more realistic and rational way to help him learn from his mistakes. Though I guess for some, ignorance is indeed bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
At the end of the day, one of them won't be happy with the relationship. Furthermore, orchestrating the way you treat this girl to "keep her in love" is manipulative and merely postpones an eventual breakup.
Well as stated in my previous post, humans aren't meant to have life long monogamous relationships, so as far as, "At the end of the day, one of them won't be happy with the relationship." and "postpones an eventual breakup." goes I agree and already understand this though there are anomalies.

It might seem manipulative and orchestrated but have you ever done anything that isn't or wasn't? It's human nature, it's like saying don't be biased or stop being selfish. These posts are looking at it from a factual/rational point of view because that's the view most people have problems with, but I can see it in the ways most others do as well. See, while I have the knowledge and practice to probably go out a **** a new women every day, I don't. I could say that it's a product of my morals but realistically it's one of my environment/upbringing. There is no wrong or right, no good or bad... only survival. Realistically though if you do it right she'll be enjoying the interaction just as much as you will so it doesn't, hell she won't even care. I've even explained to women before how humans and specifically women work and honestly they did not care, in fact they were happy I could please them.

Also note that I'm not trying to brag, I see myself as no better or worse than anyone else.
__________________

Last edited by CRSmoak; 06-05-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use