E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
BimmaBwoy

My Ride: 2003 325i
Send a message via AIM to BimmaBwoy
Gruppe-M intake filter- Current owners take heed

Let's see who can get to me first.. I need just the filter for a Gruppe-M intake for my '03 325i (M56). The one I currently own is badly damaged. K&N exclusively sells these to Gruppe-M and doesn't have it available to the public. I once contacted Gruppe-M in asia somewhere however it was going to cost me something rediculous in pricing which I could purchase an entirely new intake for that amount which I found rediculous. So long story short can anyone here provide a filter and pricing?? I really like the Gruppe-M intake and had it for years and love the sound sooo changing isn't an option anymore.

Current gruppe-m owners who clean and recharge their filters should take note at some point in time you will probably be where I am. I think/hope that all distributors start stocking these or at least provide a service to get these anytime owners start requesting these.

I really hope someone will be able to help me out.

Get your Calendar/Poster here:http://stores.lulu.com/bimmercalendars
Release thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7663111
BimmaBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
I had to buy mine and have it shipped in from Japan. I bought it from the GruppeM website.

The intake isn't worth it, btw. You can do better.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
itsskoop

My Ride: '02 325ci
i'm still looking for one, myself.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
MissionSk8r21

My Ride: Black 01 325i 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsskoop View Post
i'm still looking for one, myself.
same here :-(

OLD TOYS
05 325i Sport 5spd, 01 325i Sport 5spd, 97 M3, E36 325is, 91 Galant VR-4 #23/2000, 03 Evo8 60trim 400+AWHP, 02 WRX STI JDM 22B Conversion, 07 GSX-R600, 05 SRT-4 300hp stock turbo, LT4 Hot cam Trans Am, 90 Eclipse GS-T, 94 Talon AWD, MB 190E 2.6, Mazda Protege 5, 04 NinjaZX6RR, 93 Civic Hatch, 97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 01 Dodge Ram 360 5.9, 92 Isuzu Amigo XS, 04 Grand Prix GTP.
MissionSk8r21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
BimmaBwoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
I had to buy mine and have it shipped in from Japan. I bought it from the GruppeM website.

The intake isn't worth it, btw. You can do better.
Thanks for the input however mind sharing some insight on what intake you are referring to? Also how much did you end up spending to get it shipped here to the U.S. if you recall. The reason why I like the Gruppe M is that with my Vorsteiner hood I don't have to worry about my filter getting wet. Other CAI's such as AFE, replica Gruppe-M's and K&N's own CAI not the best application. I'm open for suggestions though. Please keep in mind that I have an M56 SULEV motor so most manufacturer's haven't produced (didn't waste their time) in making performance parts for my motor type. Please if you have another suggestion though I much rather get a better performing CAI than the one I currently own.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
BimmaBwoy

Went on their american site and for anyone asking:

http://www.gruppem.co.jp/en/index.php
Model number of the filter I believe I need is:
FR-0985A
Cost: $200 US

You can order online thru their online store. If there are any sponsors which can provide a better time of receipt than their 2-3 week ship time I would like to order from you instead of waiting that time to get this. Please let me know if you can accomodate.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
BimmaBwoy

bump any sponsors have Gruppe-M replacement filters?

Old 06-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
JCsE46
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)

My Ride: 03 E46 JB, 08 MBE350
Send a message via AIM to JCsE46 Send a message via MSN to JCsE46
I need one too. I'm also looking for a replacement filter for my GruppeM ram air intake. I have to place back my stock intake until I can find one. Does Modbargain sells these conical shape air filters? Hey Mike from ModBargain, do you?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
itsskoop

My Ride: '02 325ci
bump!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
samir used to be the hookup.. not sure if he is still around
Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmaBwoy View Post
Thanks for the input however mind sharing some insight on what intake you are referring to? Also how much did you end up spending to get it shipped here to the U.S. if you recall. The reason why I like the Gruppe M is that with my Vorsteiner hood I don't have to worry about my filter getting wet. Other CAI's such as AFE, replica Gruppe-M's and K&N's own CAI not the best application. I'm open for suggestions though. Please keep in mind that I have an M56 SULEV motor so most manufacturer's haven't produced (didn't waste their time) in making performance parts for my motor type. Please if you have another suggestion though I much rather get a better performing CAI than the one I currently own.
I had a Gruppe M on my M56, later sold it and went with a Dinan airbox. Any 330 intake will fit the 325 M56. The M56 intake to the MAF is the same size as the 330, just remember that. Hope this helps.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #12
BimmaBwoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
I had a Gruppe M on my M56, later sold it and went with a Dinan airbox. Any 330 intake will fit the 325 M56. The M56 intake to the MAF is the same size as the 330, just remember that. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the insight!!! That would explain why K&N and every other CAI manufacturer kept getting this wrong. How have you liked the Dinan Airbox? Did you have to get the software to go along with it? If so did you get the 330 software or the 325 software. I could've sworn that Dinan didn't make one for the m56 as I looked into that option before.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmaBwoy View Post
Thanks for the insight!!! That would explain why K&N and every other CAI manufacturer kept getting this wrong. How have you liked the Dinan Airbox? Did you have to get the software to go along with it? If so did you get the 330 software or the 325 software. I could've sworn that Dinan didn't make one for the m56 as I looked into that option before.
I have the Dinan Stage II for 325 programming on my M56. No issues with the install. I like the Dinan airbox because it gives me a safer feeling with the vented GTR hood. There was another thread about trying to get a replacement Gruppe M filter a few years ago. Not sure if they had a part number in the thread though.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
BimmaBwoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
I have the Dinan Stage II for 325 programming on my M56. No issues with the install. I like the Dinan airbox because it gives me a safer feeling with the vented GTR hood. There was another thread about trying to get a replacement Gruppe M filter a few years ago. Not sure if they had a part number in the thread though.
Ok so I get that you have the stage II programming for the 325i but did you go with the 330i dinan intake as the MAF is the same size for the 325i M56 or did you go with the 325i Dinan intake and is the MAF the same in this case? I just want to make sure i'm clear on what I'm getting.

Thanks,
Kern

Old 06-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
Navin323i
Europrojektz East

My Ride: See Sig
Congrats on the new addition to your family, Kern.

Glad you were able to find a place that sells the filters.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 2000 323i

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Modbargains | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts.com | Race Apeel
Navin323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #16
Sharky06

My Ride: 06 ZHP 6-SP
Send a message via AIM to Sharky06
Anyone find one of these for cheaper than 200 bucks? Its rediculously expensive for a filter.