E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Slick-Vic

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Tiag
Masspike U-turn 99 voilation

So a month ago I was on the masspike heading towards cambridge but ended up using that newer U-turn they recently built to head back to boston before the 1st set of tolls. Apparently you can only use that lane if you have a easypass/fastlane pass even though they do not specify it. Figured I let people know before you get a $50 ticket as well.

My question is does this violation effect your driving record? I am thinking about appealing it, although I may just pay for it so I can put it pass me instead of being pisted off about it any longer?

CF TMS cold air intake/UUC Rasp-x section I/StopTech stage II brake kit slotted rotors, SS brake lines/3 pc. AC Schnitzer rear spoiler/CF rear diffuser/Iforged Aeros 19x8.5x10/Smoked corners/Smoked EE LED tails/Matte Black kidney grills/Matte Black gills/Painted reflectors
Slick-Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Slick-Vic

Answer: It doesn't effect your driving record as long as you pay in time. Watch out fellas I don't use masspike often so I'm clueless to there scams...

CF TMS cold air intake/UUC Rasp-x section I/StopTech stage II brake kit slotted rotors, SS brake lines/3 pc. AC Schnitzer rear spoiler/CF rear diffuser/Iforged Aeros 19x8.5x10/Smoked corners/Smoked EE LED tails/Matte Black kidney grills/Matte Black gills/Painted reflectors
Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
MightyY

My Ride: '05 M3, '08 A6
That does sound like a scam, especially if they don't have the appropriate signage up.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
i would have fought it... where their any signs? thats bullshit
Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
Slick-Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
That does sound like a scam, especially if they don't have the appropriate signage up.
they have a sign that says U-turn with the arrow white/black sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
i would have fought it... where their any signs? thats bullshit

I can still appeal it, but I dont want to even let this voilation sit around for me to forget about it. But like I stated above they do have a U-turn sign which looks like any normal traffic sign for commercial use as oppose if it were for just police use only (when I took it a bunch of cars were using it as well easypass users I hope). You would think seeing this lane is very new with all the chaos over their they would be a little more specific with who can or cannot use the lane? On top of that if it is for only easypass users why wouldn't they put a toll after you bang the u-turn? They make it look like its a free lane.

Its like if you go down a one way street that is posted "one way" and they end up ticketing you because you dont have a easypass? thats basically the same scenario for me? I used a U-turn lane which is why they made it for the people that need to turn around to avoid passing the tolls. It didnt say "easypass use only" it just says U-turn what freaking B.S....

Anyways I want all you guys to know for sure for the ones who don't use masspike often don't get fooled.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
sunydude

My Ride: Boost
wow....thats one retarded rule. Thanks for letting us know

E46 325i - sold
E46 M/// - sold
2011 WRX - sold !!!

Back to BMW :-)
sunydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
are you sure it didn't have a big red circle with a line through it?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Get an EZ-Pass.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
xuken

My Ride: 2001 325i
I was there a couple of months ago, I didn't know about it either and got fined 50 bucks. Wanted to appeal it but too much work so I payed it off.

2001 325i Sedan
AFE CAI Stage 1 Type CX
Bavtoys P46 w/ CCFL Angel Eyes
Solar Solutions 35% Tints
Alpine Stereo IDAx100
Neff Sticker :P
xuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #10
sna77
OEM ///Member

There is a giant sign that says "FAST LANE / EZ-PASS Tag Holders Only."

Seriously, how can you NOT have an EZ-Pass?
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
06zHp

My Ride: 330ci
Thanks OP! I just got one of those too and was worried. That u-turn is such a scam.
06zHp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
06zHp

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
There is a giant sign that says "FAST LANE / EZ-PASS Tag Holders Only."

Seriously, how can you NOT have an EZ-Pass?
Not quit all the giant signs have "FAST LANE / EZ-PASS Tag Holders Only." as the OP stated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	u-turn.jpeg
Views:	2650
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	363817  
06zHp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #13
Slick-Vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06zHp View Post
Not quit all the giant signs have "FAST LANE / EZ-PASS Tag Holders Only." as the OP stated.
I really don't recall seeing the EZ-pass only sign at the time when I used it. I could have easily missed it. But after seeing the first one saying U-Turn to Boston I simply proceeded with no hessitation. I would think they should point out the EZ-pass only with the first sign because how the lane merges for the U-turn it only causes more chaos and traffic with cars being forced to take a last minute right cutting off cars just to go somewhere where they don't want to go?

I don't have a EZ-pass because I never use MassPike. Its like a person having a gym membership and doesn't workout "whats the point"?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #14
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick-Vic View Post
Its like a person having a gym membership and doesn't workout "whats the point"?

You only pay for it when you use it. Not like a gym membership.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #15
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
and where do you hide that hideous thing so it doesn't make your dash board/windshield look all sorts of skank?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #16
sna77
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
and where do you hide that hideous thing so it doesn't make your dash board/windshield look all sorts of skank?
glove box if you really care. I put it on the windshield to the right of the mirror. Cant see it
Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
Slick-Vic

Quote:

Wasup Trizzuth! Ready for tonights game?

I think I spotted your touring this past sunday!

Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #18
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
I wrapped mine in black electrical tape and stuck it on the passenger side of rear-view.

It's so inconspicuous that I've (accidentally) passed several tech inspections without removing it.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #19
sna77
OEM ///Member

I hope you all appreciate this... almost killed myself on the way home taking this shot. Signs 1 and 3 say Fast Lane only. #2 does not.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fastlane.jpg
Views:	10506
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	363996  
Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #20
kamaqazi

My Ride: 00 328i
Send a message via AIM to kamaqazi
happened to me too.