E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
FlasHGordoN

My Ride: a car
Invited over "co-workers" birthday party with family

Sup fellas,

so I've been going out with a co-worker since a few weeks and we actually get along pretty well. We're not together but I think she likes me and I like her. However, recently I wrote a thread about how she got pissed and thought that I was ignoring her but I wasn't. I told her about my situation and that it was unintentional and she said it was fine. We went out after our talk and it was like nothing happened so it's cool. Well today (friday) is her birthday and she invited me to come over her house when she celebrates with her family which includes everybody, cousins, bfs/gfs from cousins, parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents. She's really careful about who to hang out with and who to invite over, usually just her boyfriends she used to have, so I feel pretty good that she invited me over. I'm just afraid how to act and don't want to make a douche out of myself in front of her family...
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
So don't be a douche. Simple as that.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
IFX

My Ride: AW //M
well, are you a douche?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
firefirefire90
Banned

My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
if you're a douche, don't be one. Just be your usual foreign self, unless her dad is a racist, then act like an Amurkun.
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:00 AM   #5
FlasHGordoN

Well I'm not a douche but what I wanted to say was that I'm a little nervous because I'm going to meet her entire family and don't know anybody. Oh well..

just one question, how should I dress appropriately? Khakis and Polo okay?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHGordoN View Post
Well I'm not a douche but what I wanted to say was that I'm a little nervous because I'm going to meet her entire family and don't know anybody. Oh well..

just one question, how should I dress appropriately? Khakis and Polo okay?
that's fine
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
kosnosferatu

My Ride: 2000 323ci
remember that "limp-handshake" thread we had yesterday? Don't do that. Shake hands firmly with everyone, and look them in the eye. I usually find using "mr" and "mrs" works pretty well too. "sir" for the dad if you're baller like that. bonne chance
Old 06-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosnosferatu View Post
remember that "limp-handshake" thread we had yesterday? Don't do that. Shake hands firmly with everyone, and look them in the eye. I usually find using "mr" and "mrs" works pretty well too. "sir" for the dad if you're baller like that. bonne chance
This.

Show Dad/Mom you are respectful and confident. You will win many friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
FlasHGordoN

aight thanks guys, I'll report back

Thinking of buying her white roses (she loves those) and something for her family maybe? Not sure what though.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
BMWstudent

My Ride: hates potholes
If you're worried about coming off as a douche... it probably means you aren't one Just be friendly and don't make mean jokes to try and fit in.
BMWstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
FlasHGordoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWstudent View Post
If you're worried about coming off as a douche... it probably means you aren't one Just be friendly and don't make mean jokes to try and fit in.
thanks!

So I went there and her family was extremely nice. It was a nice day with them. Also met an old classmate who is her cousin which I found really interesting and surprising. But one thing I realized about her is that she needs everybody's attention. I mean, it's her birthday party and all but even when others where talking about something, she'd just randomly yell out things so that people would stop talking and just focus on her. I found that a little childish. I also realized that at work. When I don't pay attention to her all the time and talk to her throughout the entire night, she get's moody and grumpy. Don't know about this chick. But she's nice to hang out with just sometimes I feel like she tries to control everything and everybody. I'll see what happens in the future...
Old 06-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #12
kosnosferatu

My Ride: 2000 323ci
run away
Old 06-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
hit and run away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #14
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHGordoN View Post
thanks!

So I went there and her family was extremely nice. It was a nice day with them. Also met an old classmate who is her cousin which I found really interesting and surprising. But one thing I realized about her is that she needs everybody's attention. I mean, it's her birthday party and all but even when others where talking about something, she'd just randomly yell out things so that people would stop talking and just focus on her. I found that a little childish. I also realized that at work. When I don't pay attention to her all the time and talk to her throughout the entire night, she get's moody and grumpy. Don't know about this chick. But she's nice to hang out with just sometimes I feel like she tries to control everything and everybody. I'll see what happens in the future...
Yep..at this point, assuming she is decent looking, I would deem her only good for fvcking. These two red flags indicate endless headaches if you ever date.

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:25 AM   #15
jailonacs99

My Ride: Dinan328Ci, 335i, M3
Douche's don't post pics. Don't be a douche.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
jhstealth

My Ride: 323is,740i(S),gt86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Hahaha +1
Old 06-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
FlasHGordoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
Yep..at this point, assuming she is decent looking, I would deem her only good for fvcking. These two red flags indicate endless headaches if you ever date.
I agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
haha smart but no sorry