E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
sirch

My Ride: 330i, 545i
5HP19 to S54B32?

Has anyone put a 5HP19 to a S54B32? Is it a direct bolt on or do you need to make an adapter plate? I'm assuming it's more then that but just trying to get a general idea. If an adapter plate needs to be used does anyone sell them or do I need to map it out myself?
sirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
sirch

Called Bavarian Auto Recycling(BAR) about getting a S54B32 engine for the transplant cost was $4700 which included ecu, wiring harness, intake, ect but is suppose to be for all the parts needed for the transplant. BAR also said that Bimmerworld makes an adapter harness to make the install easier. I tried calling Bimmerworld but they are closed. Sounds like this might be a common upgrade does anyone information on the transplant?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
sataraid

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
I would suggest buying an engine tranny combo. The 5hp19 is not a robust tranny by any means. I would find a transmission that is capable of handling the upgrade in HP.
sataraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
sirch

In regards to the tranny the Z3, Z3 M roadster has 315hp and 251 toque. The E46 M3, E85 Z4 M roadster, E86 Z4 M Coupe has 333hp and 262 torque. In comparison to the Active Autowerks Supercharger kit for the 5HP19 has 307.25hp and 246.98 torque at the wheels. I'm assuming that there is at least a 10% drivetran loss(if not closer to 15%-20%) then conservatively those numbers are most likely looking at around 337hp and 261 torque without the need for a tranny upgrade. Is a tranny upgrade recommended? yes, but it is not needed if you look at what active autowerks has been doing for several years now.

My biggest question is what is needed for the whole conversion? I'm sure someone has done it and would like to know what issues they encountered during the project?