E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports – this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
vaio76109

My Ride: Race Cars
Eagles Canyon(DFW) Club Race School

For those of you looking to get into racing, or just take 'the next step', the BMWCCA is having a club race school at Eagles Canyon on June 26-27. I did this school a couple years back and it's a great school and learning experience, even if you have no intention of racing(but you'll want to afterwards). Bimmerworld Grand-Am racers James Clay and David White will be there instructing along with some others. Price is $395 and is open to all makes.

More info is available here http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...6EC73BF8BD742A
vaio76109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
vaio76109

Not too many locals on here, but bump.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
I'd definitely do this in a couple of years when I get some more track time under my belt.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
vaio76109

Bump, remember that this school is now required to get a BMWCCA club race license.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
GrayGhost

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
I did the Club Racing School two weeks ago at Barber Motorsports. I thought it was great and I have no plans to get into club racing! This is an excellent school for expanding your skills. Highly recommended!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
JerryK

My Ride: E46 M3, 03 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio76109 View Post
For those of you looking to get into racing, or just take 'the next step', the BMWCCA is having a club race school at Eagles Canyon on June 26-27. I did this school a couple years back and it's a great school and learning experience, even if you have no intention of racing(but you'll want to afterwards). Bimmerworld Grand-Am racers James Clay and David White will be there instructing along with some others. Price is $395 and is open to all makes.

More info is available here http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...6EC73BF8BD742A

I'm a local but too late for this one, thanks for posting up! Just got my E46 M3 and am looking to take it to a HPDE or something like this soon!!
JerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
817bimmerfanatic

My Ride: is schön!
Send a message via ICQ to 817bimmerfanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
I'm a local but too late for this one, thanks for posting up! Just got my E46 M3 and am looking to take it to a HPDE or something like this soon!!
where at in keller are you located?! i live off 35 and N tarrant. you close by?!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
vaio76109

Quote:
Our next BMWCCA DE is October 9-10 at Eagles Canyon.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 AM   #9
bigjae1976

So how much experience should one have to attend this school for the purpose of getting a license?

I would like to get into club racing when I get back to the US.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
vaio76109

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
So how much experience should one have to attend this school for the purpose of getting a license?

I would like to get into club racing when I get back to the US.
I don't know the exact qualifications, and as I understand it's somewhat of a case by case basis, but you should at least be an advanced level student. The club race school isn't about making you faster, it's about you feeling comfortable with others cars in close proximity at speed, and driving on parts of the track that you didn't even know existed. So entering the school you should already be able to drive at a fast pace without thinking too hard about it because there's a lot you're going to be learning and immediately applying on track.

Last edited by vaio76109; 06-30-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #11
drivrswntd

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
I don't know the exact qualifications, and as I understand it's somewhat of a case by case basis, but you should at least be an advanced level student. The club race school isn't about making you faster, it's about you feeling comfortable with others cars in close proximity at speed, and driving on parts of the track that you didn't even know existed. So entering the school you should already be able to drive at a fast pace without thinking too hard about it because there's a lot you're going to be learning and immediately applying on track.
I'll be doing the famous Mid-Ohio school in April of next year

Boston BMWCCA chapter
drivrswntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #12
JerryK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 817bimmerfanatic View Post
where at in keller are you located?! i live off 35 and N tarrant. you close by?!
East side near Southlake off of Davis.

ECR has a single day Track Day on July 10th that I'm trying to make. It will be blazing hot I'm sure but they intend to go hot by 7am and be done by 3pm so for about $165 I can gaurentee to squander the rest of my stock PS2 tires and OEM pads This may be perfect! Anyone else interested?
Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
JerryK

Quote:
Our next BMWCCA DE is October 9-10 at Eagles Canyon.
Putting that on the calendar, thanks. Any idea when the next local Race School happens?

BigJae, we did the same event at MSR in February, I was in a stock blue Audi A4 1.8T and my brother had the white E36 Vorshlag car with the LS2. That event convinced me to sell the A4 for an M3.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #14
vaio76109

Quote:
Putting that on the calendar, thanks. Any idea when the next local Race School happens?
Not sure, probably ~2 years.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
bigjae1976

Quote:
Thanks. Open track time here in Korea is pretty cheap and frequent so I can get plenty of practice. So I will be hopefully be considered an intermediate level driver when I get back.

Quote:

BigJae, we did the same event at MSR in February, I was in a stock blue Audi A4 1.8T and my brother had the white E36 Vorshlag car with the LS2. That event convinced me to sell the A4 for an M3.
What run group were you in? I was still a greenie!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #16
JerryK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Thanks. Open track time here in Korea is pretty cheap and frequent so I can get plenty of practice. So I will be hopefully be considered an intermediate level driver when I get back.

What run group were you in? I was still a greenie!
We were in the same group, it was my first official event and I'm hooked.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #17
bigjae1976

Quote:
We were in the same group, it was my first official event and I'm hooked.
That was my 2nd. I like TDE! Rick and his staff are quite entertaining which makes the classroom time a lot more fun. All 4 instructors that I've had were really good...and patient.

I might have to check my video footage to see if I can spot you.