E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
jblack03zhp

My Ride: 330i zhp
UUC Stage II flywheel with which clutch?

I'm looking into getting the UUC Stage II Flywheel for my 330i ZHP and I was wondering as to which clutch plate setup to use in conjunction with this:

Stage I performance organic
or
Stage III Multi-puck ceramic
or
OE M5

If there's anyone with any of these combo setups can you please give me a brief insight & opinion.

Also I'm planning to change out my tranny & engine mounts while I'm in there, any preferred brands or are they all about the same?

Thanks for the help guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
The difference being men don't make excuses to rationalize why it's okay. We do as we please. No fucks will be given. You ma'am, give a fuck.
jblack03zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
tinkwithanr

My Ride: '00 323i + '75 2002
I just installed the stage 2 flywheel with the OEM M5 clutch and the car feels great. I can't compare it to a stock setup since I went from a steptronic to the 5-speed with this setup, but the clutch has a very nice weight to it and it drives great. I also can't comment on the Stage 1 performance clutch, but I've heard it's also very nice. The Stage 3 multi-puck will most definitely be overkill unless your planning on racing with it and make a lot more than stock power. It's engagement will be a lot more like an on/off switch, and it will also make a lot of noise.

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now
tinkwithanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Don't think the M5 clutch is compatible with the 6-spd flywheel, you'll need to check with UUC about that. Of the options that I know will work, go with the performance organic. Avoid anything multi-puck on a daily street driven car.

As for engine mounts, the ONLY aftermarket mounts I can recommend for street duty are the BimmerWorld solid rubber mounts. They will add a little bit of noise and vibration over the stock fluid filled mounts so if that might bother you, just stick with stock. There are a couple of reviews of these and the near identical (except in price) Group N mounts around here that you can search out. For transmission mounts, I like the black neoprene UUC street mounts paired with the enforcer cups. I run the BW motor mounts with UUC transmission mounts and enforcers and they work very well together.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump

Last edited by TxZHP04; 07-08-2010 at 11:58 AM.
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
I thought the 6sp UUC flywheels use the OEM E36 clutch?

I have the Vorshlag mounts...they do add some NVH. Not horrible but I could imagine that a lot of people wouldn't like it.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblack03zhp View Post
I'm looking into getting the UUC Stage II Flywheel for my 330i ZHP and I was wondering as to which clutch plate setup to use in conjunction with this:

Stage I performance organic
or
Stage III Multi-puck ceramic
or
OE M5

If there's anyone with any of these combo setups can you please give me a brief insight & opinion.

Also I'm planning to change out my tranny & engine mounts while I'm in there, any preferred brands or are they all about the same?

Thanks for the help guys
We offer the entire UUC catalog and you can see all of your options below...

Click HERE to order or for more information.

*Photos for reference only*

I am personally running the Stage2 with the M5 cluch kit and love it! It's been on for several years now with out any trouble!

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!

Last edited by ECSTuning; 07-12-2010 at 03:05 PM.
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #6
TxZHP04

My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuningJoe View Post
We offer the entire UUC catalog and you can see all of your options below...

I am personally running the Stage2 with the M5 cluch kit and love it! It's been on for several years now with out any trouble!

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

Your web site doesn't indicate the M5 clutch kit applicability. If the pics are accurate, then the M5 clutch will not work with the OP's 6-spd transmission. The 6-spd transmission uses a 22 spline disc, not the 10 spline pictured.
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
tinkwithanr

My Ride: '00 323i + '75 2002
^^ The 6-speed transmissions require at minimum the Performance Organic Clutches from UUC.

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now
tinkwithanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
jblack03zhp

My Ride: 330i zhp
If the M5 clutch will not work with my 6spd tranny, should I go with the stage I organic? I should I look elsewhere for the clutch plate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
The difference being men don't make excuses to rationalize why it's okay. We do as we please. No fucks will be given. You ma'am, give a fuck.
jblack03zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
From UUC's website...

This aluminum flywheel boasts the same great features as our first-generation flywheel, but is designed to use the pressure plate from the E36 M3 and UUC's custom sprung-hub clutch disk with a choice of various performance facings.

Again, 6sp does not use the M5 clutch.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
cnotesdip

My Ride: 330ci
does the m5 clutch work on the m3 6 speed?
cnotesdip is offline   Reply With Quote