E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
I'm also referring to street cars...far from BMWs but they are street cars, except they have the whole traction thing figured out I guess. I'm not trying to have a d!ck measuring contest with u just b/c I have a stock 335 and u have an $100k M3. Fact is the op can do better than an 11 second e46 HPF m3 for the money it costs to build it. There's obviously no 335 built yet to compete with your 1100 hp, but I bet there's one very close.
No there is not 1 close. I did not know all that matters in the BMW community are 1/4 mile times now. All because a few 335's are really trying hard at the 1/3 mile track doesn't mean they are better or faster. They are doing it right though, definitely trying their hardest. Putting nitrous, big tires etc...

Quote:
If you search the forums, I have long referred to the 335 as the next Supra even before it came out so I guess it is the next F&F car if that's how u want to put it. It's a great car to start with, easily and cost effectively modded into great #s. U won't need anywhere near 1100hp to run sub 11s I guarantee that. 0-200 may be a different story, but again your spinning it your way with the huge turbo w/ tune setup for top end performance.
Are you under a rock? Do you not follow what the S54 has done? And how similar it is to a 2JZ except that the S54 is a much better flowing motor.

Just for your reference, i ran a 11.9 1/4 mile time 5 years ago with my M3 at a very bad track. I was making alittle over 500whp and had a horrible 60 foot time.

Hmm and you're not spinning it your way?

Quote:
At this pace we're just going to turn this into the age old "I beat you off the line, you beat me top end" debate so I'll leave it alone now. I'm sure the op has plenty to ponder, just go research both cars discussed and others if he's serious about building a fast car but doesn't want to spend $ like it's growing on trees.
Actually it was nothing until the silly baseless comment you made about the 335 being an HPF M3 killer. Then you discredited everything except for 1/4 mile times for the 335. Honestly this sounds like the old excuse Audi's and Evo's use. Where they only race 0-100 because they dont make enough power. (And yes im aware some Evo's make big power)
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote