E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #101
BadBoostedBmwM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Louisville
Posts: 911
My Ride: 323i & e36 Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PTGSC View Post
....anndd where would you put turbos on E9x M3's?Also E36 M3 with 1000hp would never be reliable/drivable like E46 HPF car...let alone customer service/warranty that HPF offers.

Even 500hp in a E36 is lil too much,you start breaking stuff and always something wrong with it
Incorrect, as long as the car tuned properly. Driveline depends how you drive the car.
__________________
This is my signature....
BadBoostedBmwM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #102
cnotesdip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bx
Posts: 817
My Ride: 330ci
I seen a bunch members on Bimmer forums building turbo kits for the m3 e36 most of the builds start at 500hp with your budget im sure you can build a reliable and powerful E36 M3 and still have lots of money to spare
cnotesdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #103
howie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 954
Posts: 2,988
My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFMTRE View Post
Funny how these ppl think they have any clue about anything. Including HPF doing a single turbo 335. loll
Quote:
Originally Posted by d'ray18 View Post
I didn't say it was completed yet but it is in the plan, why am I "these" people, just cause you don't know me, lol.. confirmed by Chris that the 335/135 will be developed in 3 Stages; Stage 1 is all bolt ons (exhaust, intercooler, dp's, bov, etc.) and piggyback software, Stage 2 will be a single turbo + manifold upgrade, and Stage 3 will be a fully built motor with single turbo.. but I'm fully aware that it'll take some time to develop.. Chris told me in person at Bimmerfest that he believes they will succeed..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=hpf
BOOM Got'him

They said it should be ready this summer but stage one sounds just like bolt ons + jb3 so anyone can put that together on their own.

Last edited by howie; 07-20-2010 at 11:41 PM.
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #104
nickr519
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 419
My Ride: ZX-10R, Ram 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
BOOM Got'him

They said it should be ready this summer but stage one sounds just like bolt ons + jb3 so anyone can put that together on their own.
__________________
'99 323i - totalled
'87 supra - sold
'90 300zx - sold
'01 GSX-R600 - sold
'97 Ram 2500
'06 ZX-10R
nickr519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #105
HPFMTRE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,930
My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by d'ray18 View Post
I didn't say it was completed yet but it is in the plan, why am I "these" people, just cause you don't know me, lol.. confirmed by Chris that the 335/135 will be developed in 3 Stages; Stage 1 is all bolt ons (exhaust, intercooler, dp's, bov, etc.) and piggyback software, Stage 2 will be a single turbo + manifold upgrade, and Stage 3 will be a fully built motor with single turbo.. but I'm fully aware that it'll take some time to develop.. Chris told me in person at Bimmerfest that he believes they will succeed..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=hpf

There are a lot of "these people" who run around on the forums trying to look cool posting bs about some company they have no clue about. Is all im saying. Ive been with HPF since 2007 and know all of them personally so i know about a lot of projects that are going to happen.
__________________
Photobucket
Pictures of my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2927228
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #106
HPFMTRE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,930
My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickr519 View Post
Seriously.
__________________
Photobucket
Pictures of my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2927228
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 AM   #107
M3PTGSC
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 539
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
Incorrect, as long as the car tuned properly. Driveline depends how you drive the car.
Ok show me a daily driven 500whp E36 whose engine was together for lets say 2 years/20000 miles without head gasket problems?There is almost none!

It doesn't matter who tuned the car they always have problems with head lifting/pressurizing the coolant system,people started to oring the head/block but im not sure how long that lasts neither.

Driveline is also weak,all of the high hp guys are using aftermarket driveshafts/halfshafts/differentials,it was made for a 240hp car so its much much weaker than the E46 M3 drivetrain...dont let me start about transmissions,weak diff bolts,mounting points....

I had 5 E36 M3's so i almost know every bolt on them by now lol

Looks like you have bad boosted M3,how much power do YOU make and did you ever take it to the track or race?...if you drive it on sundays to starbucks without getting into boost ofcourse its gonna last 10 years lol
__________________

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
M3PTGSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #108
d'ray18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 954
My Ride: E90 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFMTRE View Post
There are a lot of "these people" who run around on the forums trying to look cool posting bs about some company they have no clue about. Is all im saying. Ive been with HPF since 2007 and know all of them personally so i know about a lot of projects that are going to happen.
Right, and the 335 (N54 engine) is in fact under development at their shop is all I'm sayin...
d'ray18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #109
HPFMTRE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,930
My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by d'ray18 View Post
Right, and the 335 (N54 engine) is in fact under development at their shop is all I'm sayin...
I know..
__________________
Photobucket
Pictures of my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2927228
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #110
d'ray18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 954
My Ride: E90 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFMTRE View Post
I know..
OK mr. "cool" guy..

Last edited by d'ray18; 07-21-2010 at 03:57 PM.
d'ray18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #111
InDiGlOM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Copperas Cove
Posts: 1,467
My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
The Donor car for project 335 is my buddies car I hooked him up with hpf to get them a car.....he still in iraq right now, gets back soon thou
__________________
InDiGlOM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use