E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #26281
nbarcelo

My Ride: German Engineering
Send a message via AIM to nbarcelo
Ok, so another one of my friends definitely wants to go, but he has to take his car as I only have a two seater. He doesn't have a government sticker or military I.D. Is there any way for him to get a temporary pass now?
95' BMW 318iC Boosted (sold)
nbarcelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #26282
marineifra

My Ride: 1995 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law View Post
Sounds good, I'll be the beige e36 sedan with the loud exhaust.
yeah, not to mention the electric fan that sounds like an F22 at full WOT@ takeoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarcelo View Post
Ok, so another one of my friends definitely wants to go, but he has to take his car as I only have a two seater. He doesn't have a government sticker or military I.D. Is there any way for him to get a temporary pass now?
Nate n I are headed to Ryans at around 06ish sunday am...unless ryan's car is gonna be full....ryan? if not, i can drag hijm with me but im ridin shotty

CNT C M3
Would you like something sandblasted, just shoot me a PM. Lets see if we can work something out
Quote:
Kiel was in the Marines and now he drives an M3 so he can talk however he wants to... jeesuh!
marineifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #26283
nbarcelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineifra View Post
Nate n I are headed to Ryans at around 06ish sunday am...unless ryan's car is gonna be full....ryan? if not, i can drag hijm with me but im ridin shotty
Well he probably would want to drive his car there just incase we book out earlier than you guys.

Anyway, not planning on tracking our cars so why would I want to be up at 6 AM...?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #26284
marineifra

My Ride: 1995 ///M3
cuz i don't have that stickerz or an id anymore. my tat gets me respect sometimes...but it won't get me on base by itself. my dl, registration, and proof of ins will tho. i don't understand why so many are like "u don't get on the base if you aren't on the list..."
sry, thats a crock. been connected to the military since 1989...you can't technically be refused access...you pay for it. you just can't go to a base for NO reason...gotta have somewhere/something to go/do on purpose. like going to the barracks to pick someone up. or going to visit someone. granted, there are exceptions to every rule, but i've never been turned away (even post 9-11) if i actually had a reason to be there. pass/id may not give you a temp pass b/c they may not be there at 0-dark-30, but they'll issue it to you later. No, nick, this isn't directed to you. this is just a general rant as someone said "if you aren't on the list you don't get on the base." tell that to leann rimes and all the other free concerts. just sayin.

CNT C M3
Would you like something sandblasted, just shoot me a PM. Lets see if we can work something out
Quote:
Kiel was in the Marines and now he drives an M3 so he can talk however he wants to... jeesuh!
marineifra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #26285
The Law

My Ride: 1993 325i
I hope my car doesn't eat any cones and Sunday will be my first auto-x.
The Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #26286
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
what if i haz ID but no sticker?
They will not let cars without stickers that are not on the access list on base under any circumstances. If you haven't got your car on it, you will have to ride with someone.

Quote:
His car isn't getting on, and I am not even sure if they will let him on without military ID. The access list is for all passengers as well. People HAVE been turned away because their passengers aren't on the list, although it does depend on the person at the gate.

Quote:
You can't technically be refused access...you pay for it. you just can't go to a base for NO reason...gotta have somewhere/something to go/do on purpose.
I have no clue what you are talking about. You can absolutely be refused access. Without the right credentials, you won't get on the base.

For the people trying to go. It all starts around 8, check tidewatersportscarclub.com and autocross.us for the exact info. Spectators can arrive whenever. They don't normally have the pass and id office going on Sundays, but if they do you can get on base if you only have a military ID. If you don't have a military ID you will not be able to get on without being on the access list.

It is a great time, and if you can't make this one I highly recommend getting onto the TSCC website NOW and adding yourself to the list. Your name will stay on it for the rest of the year if you do. Oh, and RACE! If your car can drive on the street, it can autocross and no matter how fast/slow it is, you will have fun. I guarantee it.
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #26287
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tothpl View Post
Ron, you gonna make it out there again?
Nope, I am in Singapore. Gonna miss this month. I *might* make the August one, we shall see.

You guys really need to listen to Shawn (fourwhls.) He is the President of the club that runs it (TSCC) if you didn't know. He normally drives a crazy-built Miata but is borrowing a sick BMW for the time being. Pay attention in the drivers meeting, and if you can catch a ride with one of the old hands in the club (I recommend Jim Robinson if you can.) They have people that are more than willing to help you out and teach you how to do this right.

Also, WALK THE TRACK! If you are racing, show up as early as you can and walk the course over and over. You will get lost and go off course if you haven't done a good job in memorizing it, and knowing where you are on course lets you be as fast as you can (by letting you focus on the driving.)

Hope you guys have a great time, so we can get more and more people out there every month. I love doing this stuff...
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #26288
fourwhls

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
cuz i don't have that stickerz or an id anymore. my tat gets me respect sometimes...but it won't get me on base by itself. my dl, registration, and proof of ins will tho. i don't understand why so many are like "u don't get on the base if you aren't on the list..."
sry, thats a crock. been connected to the military since 1989...you can't technically be refused access...you pay for it. you just can't go to a base for NO reason...gotta have somewhere/something to go/do on purpose. like going to the barracks to pick someone up. or going to visit someone. granted, there are exceptions to every rule, but i've never been turned away (even post 9-11) if i actually had a reason to be there. pass/id may not give you a temp pass b/c they may not be there at 0-dark-30, but they'll issue it to you later. No, nick, this isn't directed to you. this is just a general rant as someone said "if you aren't on the list you don't get on the base." tell that to leann rimes and all the other free concerts. just sayin.
I don't understand what your problem is or who you have the issue with, my club or the base policy.

Let me just say this...

We are PRIVILEGED to be able to run our autocross events on the base at ACU-4. We have the utmost respect for the base, their processes, and their policies.

If you don't want to go with the flow and play by the rules, that is your own prerogative, but please don't associate yourself with TSCC.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
fourwhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #26289
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
enough bickering. Anyone here run an aftermarket radiator? Suggestions on good ones? I noticed a bit of seepage at my upper vent line (driver side). So my OE one is on the way out, it's about 8 years old.

I was thinking of getting one from an S54 M-coupe, they are a direct drop in and three row for better cooling, but still plastic end tanks. Have heard of some fitment qualms on mishimoto, though maybe of Ireland Engineering (would prefer to keep my fan and shroud).
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #26290
Impulsed7

My Ride: just an M3, sort of
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
enough bickering. Anyone here run an aftermarket radiator? Suggestions on good ones? I noticed a bit of seepage at my upper vent line (driver side). So my OE one is on the way out, it's about 8 years old.

I was thinking of getting one from an S54 M-coupe, they are a direct drop in and three row for better cooling, but still plastic end tanks. Have heard of some fitment qualms on mishimoto, though maybe of Ireland Engineering (would prefer to keep my fan and shroud).
I run the IE large one, with a stock electric fan and front shroud. Works.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #26291
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
just looking at theirs, on backorder currently but may be an option if they don't take forever to stock it again.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #26292
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
wait a minute, are we talking about little creek. i couldve sworn we're talking about lil creek.
if so ive driven my ecal less car unto that base more than once, without any issues. twice on a weekend.
i rolled up and they made me a 1 day pass on the spot.

either way i just signed up. it was painless enough. i think i selected the right date

EDIT: Nevermind, no date, guess its permanent.

Last edited by Snik; 07-23-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #26293
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
your tats get you respect?
dude, really, i hope your rant is sarcasm, maybe you've always been lucky, but ive seen people turned away several times, for no ID and as far as theyre concerned(the base), no real reason to have access. the average Joe out in the street may pay taxes to build the bases, but that doesnt allow him any privileges for access, none, its govt property, that means... "fuk u, i dont have to give u back **** if i dont want to"
Plus this is little creek, its a seal base, and sub base, i think theyre gonna be a lil more cautious about letting just anyone on there.

ive gotten on there before with my current car and my DOD cac card, no problem. i dont see what that issue is all about. Im sure these guys are saying get on the list because theyve seen folks with ID and no decal turned around., but it was painless enough to register, so go ahead and do it. literally there is no form to fill out, just like 5 lines.

Last edited by Snik; 07-23-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #26294
nbarcelo

Old 07-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #26295
The Law

My Ride: 1993 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post

I ran VSL Performance radiator in my m3 and it was great. Has a limited lifetime warranty which is a plus and is cheaper or about the same as buying a new oem one. check out this site out http://www.bimmerzone.com/VSL_Perfor...diator_E36.htm
The Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #26296
das BENZin

My Ride: 1985 380SE 5.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
your tats get you respect?
Uhhh....you need to first know what his tat is of.
das BENZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #26297
nbarcelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by das BENZin View Post
Uhhh....you need to first know what his tat is of.
You coming to the track on Sunday?
Old 07-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #26298
das BENZin

Quote:
You coming to the track on Sunday?
Bar exam starts Tuesday, so...no.
If anybody wants to say a prayer that I pass, I could use all I can get lol.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #26299
nbarcelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by das BENZin View Post
Bar exam starts Tuesday, so...no.
If anybody wants to say a prayer that I pass, I could use all I can get lol.
Ah ok, no problem. You better kill that test then, lol. Just go in there and let them know who makes the best drinks in town!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #26300
das BENZin

Quote:
Ah ok, no problem. You better kill that test then, lol. Just go in there and let them know who makes the best drinks in town!