E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
G3nome

My Ride: 2003 330i
Girl issues, need serious advice.

I have been seeing a girl for 7 months now. She loves me. She has introduced me to her family, all her friends, and talks about marriage all the time. She tells me how shes waited 27 years to find me, etc. But there are problems with our relationship. First, the biggest one for me, is that she doesn't like making out. Last time I checked, couples made out every time they were alone at least for the first 6 months of going out. I bring it up to her, and she tells me "that she is just not as sexual as I am," and that "I am really tired, I dont want to spend an hour and half after already having such a tiring day." I dont think the few times we have made out that it ever went that long.

Every time I tell her it bothers me that she never wants to make out, she says the same stupid lines: "What can I do to make you feel better?" Is it stupid that I have to ask my girl friend to make out? This **** is really ****ing with my mental health, and it tears me apart that someone I care and love so much doesn't share the same feelings for me.
G3nome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
if she doesnt show the passion for u during this "honeymoon phase" then something is definitely wrong. probably wants to scale back on her sexual advances to balance out what she did in her past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:38 AM   #3
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
she just may have a much lower sexual appetite than you. Could just be her normal level, it could also be a sign of a medical problem.

But you need to either:
A. Get over it
or
B. Get over her
Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
aapriadi

My Ride: e90 325i
maybe she has teh herpes? lol jk!! but yeah...she's 27 & she dislikes making out?? sounds loco to me...
aapriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
Its definitely a problem at this stage. Usually you dont want to make out anymore after 10 years of marriage. Some maybe less. But new relationships should have this passion and if not, her interest in you maybe less than you think. Advice is dump her now before you get your heart broken. But no one knows what your relationship is really like except for you both. If she keeps up with this, its just a matter of time till you find someone who does like to do all that stuff. Too many girls out there to experiment.
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
mtmactom

My Ride: 2001 330i
17 years and 3 kids later with my wife at 40 and me at 43 we still like to "make out" frequently. Unless you can live with out it I would do yourself and her a favor and move on soon.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Talk to her.

Ask her.

Maybe you have bad breath or use too much toungue or something and she doesnt know how to tell you.

Communication and Honesty are the two most important things in a relationship.

At least then you will know.

Not everyone is built the same.

And NO, not everyone makes out once someone leaves the room.

Maybe she thinks you are more interested in physical than mental, that spirals because its a turn off.

Rinse and repeat.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 07-26-2010 at 10:07 AM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
I believe initially its gauging interests. I was married for 7 years with 2 kids, divorced, bachelor hood for 5 years being a playa then engaged again Words dont mean anything if they dont act the part. Try to pull back a bit. My experience, if they are interested and you ignore them, the more they want you. go figure.
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
rares

My Ride: 02 S54
Send a message via AIM to rares Send a message via Yahoo to rares Send a message via Skype™ to rares
i don't mean to get you in trouble or anything, but i kinda had the same happen to me... this may be different in the long run for you but my girl did the same thing... i loved her and wasn't about to kick her to the curb so i talked to her and kept pushing.... it got to a point that i just told her what was up and she slowly... dang very slowly, feels like forever but she got up to the plate...

married 4 years now, no kids but the love life is good... she just needed a little intimacy and a bit more education on the subject... see if you can talk to her friends and go from that angle...

good luck bro
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
how's the sex?

Making out is important but if the sex is really good I wouldn't worry too much about it. Also, it may sound funny but does she have breathing problems like allergies or anything. I know sometimes when mine are acting up me and my gf wont make out as much because I'll suffocate haha.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
G3nome

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rares View Post
i don't mean to get you in trouble or anything, but i kinda had the same happen to me... this may be different in the long run for you but my girl did the same thing... i loved her and wasn't about to kick her to the curb so i talked to her and kept pushing.... it got to a point that i just told her what was up and she slowly... dang very slowly, feels like forever but she got up to the plate...

married 4 years now, no kids but the love life is good... she just needed a little intimacy and a bit more education on the subject... see if you can talk to her friends and go from that angle...

good luck bro
I needed to hear this. She has terrible anxiety, and work and school are always on her mind. I dont think she gets in the mood because she has too much **** on her mind. It drives me crazy.
G3nome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
falcon1209

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328ci
Just talk to her about it. You should be able to be as upfront to your girlfriend of 7 months as you can to a forum of strangers, more so even.

Tell her something like, "*Name*, I'm feeling a bit frustrated. I want to demonstrate my affection for you but I feel like we're not on the same page. I'd like to know how you truly feel about it so I can fully understand the situation better and respect you more."

This shows her you feel like YOU aren't understanding something. By putting it on yourself, it immediately lets her defense down. Asking her how she feels about it with a reason that would directly benefit her your relationship is going to be a relief to her. Especially since she won't have to worry about adding you getting overly anxious to her list of things to stress about.

More than likely she's going to tell you why, definitively. If not she should at least let you in on something. If she insists on avoiding the subject... contemplate her lack of ability to communicate within a relationship, and respect for you.

Also, this is also (hopefully) what you are feeling, and therefore, most importantly, the truth. That's what she needs to hear.

Hope that helps, FWIW.

Last edited by falcon1209; 07-27-2010 at 01:47 AM.
falcon1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #13
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
I'm surprised no one's saying that she's cheating on you yet. That's usually the e46f LL answer to "why is my gf/wife doing X"
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I'm surprised no one's saying that she's cheating on you yet. That's usually the e46f LL answer to "why is my gf/wife doing X"
haha yeah man. Most people will be like "she's cheating on you, go find another girl"
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #15
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
she just may have a much lower sexual appetite than you. Could just be her normal level, it could also be a sign of a medical problem.

But you need to either:
A. Get over it
or
B. Get over her
this. She will NOT change.
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Tdog

My Ride: 06' M3 ZCP Bk
Respectfully I submit this:

The things that bother you now will NOT go away inside of the relationship/marriage. They will get magnified.

There have been a few great suggestions about communicating it safely and with the idea that you want her to feel comfortable. Do that. But remember: you aren't her therapist... and if you see no reaction to your thoughts or entreaties, that is when you may want to walk away. It takes two people working together and putting all their efforts into a situation to see it succeed. Seriously, it does not get better unless you are both aware, and make the effort. Because as a number of others put it: 7 mos = desire still there. Not the opposite. Guys enjoy affection/sex... that isn't going to change.
Tdog is offline   Reply With Quote