E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
FlasHGordoN

My Ride: a car
just broke up with my girl

or she rather did with me. Reasons are work related and I just find it dumb how work can separate us two. I don't know whether to cry or just punch a wall. FML
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #2
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
do both?
and see the stickied thread at the top of this sub-forum
Old 07-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
thats a cop out excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
TravsM3

My Ride: 05' 545i, ZSP
Breaking up stinks for sure, I just had to with a girl I was seeing for 7 mos. Just know she probably just wasn't feeling it and that's ok b/c it happens. It's always hard catching the raw end of that deal. Good luck man, keep your chin up!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
BimmersGarage

My Ride: E46 330i
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmersGarage
Hey Flash,
Don't beat yourself up over this. If the reason for her leaving was BECAUSE of work (her job or yours) believe me it wasn't strong enough to last - much longer anyways.

Unless your job was being a pimp or some other illegal activities... or her's being of the adult entertaining type, I really don't think work should ever come into play as the reason/excuse/just-cause for breaking up.
BimmersGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
Wes

Sorry to hear, Van!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
FlasHGordoN

thanks guys. We work together at the same place. How can you avoid fighting over stupid sh!t at work? Or at least find a way to deal with work and personal life?
Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
BimmersGarage

Well, each situation is different. My - then future wife - and I met at work, and we kept our dating a secret for a year. Then got married.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
becca0207

My Ride: 2002 325ci vert
Send a message via AIM to becca0207
it's party time for you, dude!!
becca0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
FlasHGordoN

Its fvcking worthless and sorry for cursing. But after we broke we decided to give it another try and Im not feeling it. lots of things that piss me off and its like whatevers to her. for example:

when she comes to work, she doesn't even ask me how I am doing or answers me when I ask her. She goes straight to asking me why I am wearing a different work uniform ( we work at the movies, and it's just a job on the side, nothing really serious, although we take the work as a serious matter).

today I had an 8 hour shift. A co-worker told my gf who was responsible for personal management that he wants to go home earlier, and she was like: just ask my boyfriend, he says yes to everything anyways. I heard and it sounded to me like I am the idiot who always takes everyones shift. I used to do that because I wanted to move up and I did get promoted and I told her that it has now changed. And she often told me that I let people use me, that they say to her that I never say no and always say yes if they needed work done. And now she's doing what she told me others were saying and I am just disappointed.

Or she realized that there is too less personell for cleaning in today, so she told me that: Hey, YOU are allowed help us cleaning!" She didn't even ask me if I wanted to, I was there for the box office and sell tickets. I feel like she is treating me like her dog. And now it's done.

I'm sick of this ridicolous relationship with that girl. There are many more little things that piss me off.

/rant
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
FlasHGordoN

oh and I forgot to mention, she has a friend who she randomly met in Mallorca whose Dad works with her mum. What a great coincidence. She says he is a nerd and always wants to meet her and so they meet every year ONCE. That's what she told met. She told me there is nothing to worry about, because he only shows her pictures of his vacation. last time they met, they went bowling. Oh she didn't want to but he insisted. Okay.

The dude asked her to go to a theme park with him, she informed me that she denied right away. Then yesterday she told me that he asked her to go on a 4 day vacation with him to another city, and she said: "i don't know yet" Wtf man...

I would fight for her, but if she is that kind of person that likes attention from different guys, then I guess I am no fighter and forget this relationship. This is seriously ridiculous in my eyes. It's like, she denies an invitation to go to a themepark but a 4 day vacation sounds much better, so I'm not sure yet.

I want to see how far she goes with this. She knows exactly that I don't approve of it, but what the hell, I'm only her boyfriend. We only been together for a month and I don't see a future in this. I like her, a lot, but just those things she does push me away.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
FlasHGordoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmersGarage View Post
Hey Flash,
Don't beat yourself up over this. If the reason for her leaving was BECAUSE of work (her job or yours) believe me it wasn't strong enough to last - much longer anyways.

Unless your job was being a pimp or some other illegal activities... or her's being of the adult entertaining type, I really don't think work should ever come into play as the reason/excuse/just-cause for breaking up.
Thanks. I know my mistake is that I get attached to people to quick and then it's hard for me to get over. Sometimes I still miss the good old days with my ex-girlfriend in the States who I been with for 2 years and then we split. It hit me hard and still today makes me sad how things went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Sorry to hear, Van!
Thanks Wes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmersGarage View Post
Well, each situation is different. My - then future wife - and I met at work, and we kept our dating a secret for a year. Then got married.
Wow after one year of dating? Hope everything is going good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca0207 View Post
it's party time for you, dude!!
I'm not a party guy anymore, just work, sometimes hit a bar with friends but haven't done that in ages...
Old 08-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
Keno

My Ride: smelly & leaky 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Keno
^^^ dude, just move on. Its not worth it. When a girl is in a committed relationship and finds nothing wrong with seeing other guys like that, you know you have a problem. She is either gonna cheat on you or she is too naive to understand how relationships work. Furthermore, the fact that she throws you under the bus at work shows that she is EXTREMELY insecure and has a minimal grasp on emotional intelligence (good women will back you up in public, even if they know you're wrong).

Also, you need to realize that this relationship basically caved in less than a month (ex. she originally broke it off after a couple weeks or so of commitment). This is a HUGE sign that this will not work out. Be strong, hold your ground and let this chick be. Yes, you're gonna be lonely for a lil bit, but it will make you a better, more independent person - a quality that attracts great women.

Work on your car, get your azz to the gym (pm me your email if you want the big beyond belief routine), hang out with your boys and get involved with an activity (tons of hot/fun chicks will enroll in a fun activities like local dodgeball teams, etc).

hope this helps

Last edited by Keno; 08-01-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #14
FlasHGordoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno View Post
^^^ dude, just move on. Its not worth it. When a girl is in a committed relationship and finds nothing wrong with seeing other guys like that, you know you have a problem. She is either gonna cheat on you or she is too naive to understand how relationships work. Furthermore, the fact that she throws you under the bus at work shows that she is EXTREMELY insecure and has a minimal grasp on emotional intelligence (good women will back you up in public, even if they know you're wrong).

Also, you need to realize that this relationship basically caved in less than a month (ex. she originally broke it off after a couple weeks or so of commitment). This is a HUGE sign that this will not work out. Be strong, hold your ground and let this chick be. Yes, you're gonna be lonely for a lil bit, but it will make you a better, more independent person - a quality that attracts great women.

Work on your car, get your azz to the gym (pm me your email if you want the big beyond belief routine), hang out with your boys and get involved with an activity (tons of hot/fun chicks will enroll in a fun activities like local dodgeball teams, etc).

hope this helps
thanks man. I totally understand your points and I agree. The things she said and the way how she treated me was really sh!tty. I still miss her and I miss having fun with her, but she is a bit too different. Today we broke up. It's done and I feel sad but a little bit relieved. I don't need to be with someone who makes me look stupid just so that person looks good. Thanks for your advice.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
BimmersGarage

FlashG,
Just know that the female you're with (girlfriend or wife) should make you feel confident and strong - Always.
And, the same should be reciprocated to her. That is the Balance... Not easy to do, but that is what makes a solid relationship.

So, if you're Ex. made you feel doubt in yourself and weak in whatever you do/did, then she's definitely not going to bring balance if your life, no matter what "joyous remembrance" you had in the past with her.

Life moves Forward and so should you.

And, Thanks - my wife and I have been married for 5 years now.