E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #1
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
Just broken up with

I noticed my then girl was acting distant. I let it go for a while, then asked what was wrong, long story short, its over. She kinda mocked what I had to say when I expressed how I felt. I've never been so hurt in my life, I feel like sh!t right now. Absolutely miserable, first girlfriend, first break up....Day 1
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #2
Spicy E46

My Ride: E93 328i
First ones are the worsts
Spicy E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
dreyo27

My Ride: 2001 325ci
do what i did... got in my bmw drove to coast hwy 1 and went up to point reys national seashore
dreyo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Breaking up stinks for sure, I just had to with a girl I was seeing for 7 mos. Just know she probably just wasn't feeling it and that's ok b/c it happens. It's always hard catching the raw end of that deal. Good luck man, keep your chin up!
kushy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
13//

My Ride: is immune to modbug
Send a message via MSN to 13//
breaking up sucks ass, man... but always bare in mind, there is definitely going to be a better one for you somewhere out there... in the meantime, read Stans thread, helped me helluva lot when I was going through my break-ups

keep your head up high n occupy yourself with all the stuff you never had time for but always wanted to do

Be well, boyo...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
firefirefire90
Banned

My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyo27 View Post
do what i did... got in my bmw drove to coast hwy 1 and went up to point reys national seashore
seriously man, just go out for a drive and head straight to the beach. Cry it out, do whatever you need to. Nice open area to think about it. I went about me bring broken up with the first time all wrong, I kept calling her and crying and blah blah and it just made things worse. Stay strong man... when it's over it's over, unfortunately.
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
it may be your first, but more than likely won't be your last...good luck. Find beer, find some buds and go hit the titty bar. Then get back on the horse and find a new girl
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
How old are you guys?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Yeah....dude I know you hurt...as men we take breakups worse than women. To us it is also a huge cut to that masculine ego. It also sucks how they work. Girls start to slowly fall out of love long before the breakup. So when the breakup actually happens, they don't have huge feelings of guilt or hurt. They can move on much easier and usually have a broad support group of friends to help them through. Men on the other hand usually never plan a breakup and our emotions don't slowly go down hill like theirs. Plus men are not suppose to show or even share emotion with our friends. So we have to carry this pain deep inside us. It kills our esteem and confidence and in turn that kills our chances to land a new girl.

I understand where you are at bud. Been three weeks since she broke if off with me. Each morning sucks...each day sucks. Can't even sleep well at night. Have zero motivation. I guess it is karma. I ended up leaving my ex, (my son's mother) for her. After a year and a half, now she is leaving me. So coupled with the pain of the breakup, I also have the pain of the guilt in the poor decision I made to leave my ex and the lost opportunity I had for a real family.

Life brings about maturity and teaches us hard lessons. But stay strong, don't go pining after her, that will make it worse. She won't find that attractive at all, it will look desperate and make you look weak or insecure. Hold your ground, keep your dignity and slowly move on.

It sucks being a man, we have emotions but are not suppose to show it.

"Relationships are like glass, once broken, they are too painful to try to put back together"

Last edited by Mark M; 08-05-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
chris98891

My Ride: '01 325i
Send a message via AIM to chris98891
i agree with the guys who said go for a drive. last big relationship end i had, i ended up in the mountains of north carolina with no cell service and no gps. was probably the most relaxing time of my life.

chris98891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Yeah....dude I know you hurt...as men we take breakups worse than women. To us it is also a huge cut to that masculine ego. It also sucks how they work. Girls start to slowly fall out of love long before the breakup. So when the breakup actually happens, they don't have huge feelings of guilt or hurt. They can move on much easier and usually have a broad support group of friends to help them through. Men on the other hand usually never plan a breakup and our emotions don't slowly go down hill like theirs. Plus men are not suppose to show or even share emotion with our friends. So we have to carry this pain deep inside us. It kills our esteem and confidence and in turn that kills our chances to land a new girl.

I understand where you are at bud. Been three weeks since she broke if off with me. Each morning sucks...each day sucks. Can't even sleep well at night. Have zero motivation. I guess it is karma. I ended up leaving my ex, (my son's mother) for her. After a year and a half, now she is leaving me. So coupled with the pain of the breakup, I also have the pain of the guilt in the poor decision I made to leave my ex and the lost opportunity I had for a real family.

Life brings about maturity and teaches us hard lessons. But stay strong, don't go pining after her, that will make it worse. She won't find that attractive at all, it will look desperate and make you look weak or insecure. Hold your ground, keep your dignity and slowly move on.

It sucks being a man, we have emotions but are not suppose to show it.
everything in bold is wrong
Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #12
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Dyllos, explain?

Women do tend to get over breakups quicker. They grow distant weeks before the breakup happens...this is them slowly cooling off from it while still enjoying the frienship of the guy. When the breakup actually happens, they are relieved, cause they saw it coming and it was their end point. Sure they may still have some residual guilt or pain, but if they broke off the relationship, they move on much quicker. Plus a girl can go down to a bar the night she broke up and land a new man. A guy can't. His ego and confidence has been shaken. He needs time to rebuild.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
DylloS

Quote:
Dyllos, explain?

Women do tend to get over breakups quicker. They grow distant weeks before the breakup happens...this is them slowly cooling off from it while still enjoying the frienship of the guy. When the breakup actually happens, they are relieved, cause they saw it coming and it was their end point. Sure they may still have some residual guilt or pain, but if they broke off the relationship, they move on much quicker. Plus a girl can go down to a bar the night she broke up and land a new man. A guy can't. His ego and confidence has been shaken. He needs time to rebuild.
I have personally done the things that supposedly only females do. Maybe you mean if the female breaks it off then of course. But if the guy breaks it off the girl will be more hurt.

It all depends on who's doing the dumping.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:

It sucks being a pvssy, we have emotions but are not suppose to show it.

"Relationships are like glass, once broken, they are too painful to try to put back together"
Fixed, try and find it
Old 08-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
kosnosferatu

My Ride: 2000 323ci
^ rofl
Old 08-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #16
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
driving with hurt feelings is kinda risky, be sure mind and eyes on the road!
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #17
Goughie

My Ride: 330d Sport Touring
OP, read Stan's (Novare 330) breakup thread - some good stuff in there.

"The protection of views purely on religious grounds cannot be justified. It is not only an irrational idea, but it is also divisive, capricious and arbitrary" - Lord Justice Laws, UK 29/04/2010
Goughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
ApathyCsl
Banned

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Fixed, try and find it
hahaha nice!
ApathyCsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #19
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Hang in there dude.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #20
Lonely Tylenol.
Banned

My Ride: is faster thAn yours
Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tylenol.
my man just remember ....

pedal to the floor, head to the shore
Lonely Tylenol. is offline   Reply With Quote