E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
lilcdkey

My Ride: E46 M3 Sedan
Problems with Bimmian.com

So, on June 9th I ordered black and white roundel overlays for my Mom's e90. Bimmian said that they would arrive within 3 weeks. I still haven't gotten them. I went on their website today to see what was up and this was all they could give me. Any advice on what i should do?

"We are sorry that it has been so long since your order has been shipped and you have still not received it.
Our records show that your package shipped via air mail from our warehouse on: 2010-06-09

Upon checkout, you chose UNTRACKABLE and UNINSURED AIR MAIL for a discounted shipping rate. Please be advised that orders shipped via air mail take on average about 2 weeks for orders within the USA and on average 3 weeks for orders shipped outside the USA. Note that these are estimates or averages and actual delivery time could be up to 3 weeks for US orders and 6 weeks for international orders depending on your location.

In most circumstances air mail packages that have not been delivered in 2 weeks will either reach their destination shortly afterwards or be returned to us. We will be sure to contact you as soon as we receive your goods back if this is the case.

Since you did not purchase a trackable method of shipping, we are unable to locate your package. We are sorry that we are not able to offer you any more assistance with this situation, and we are sorry that we are not able to replace your order for you. The fact UNTRACKABLE and UNINSURED AIR MAIL shipping was chosen at checkout severely limts our options.

If you wish to re-order, we will extend an offer of either free or discounted fedex shipping (at our option depending on order value and your location). FedEx shipments are trackable and insured, and delivery is guaranteed"

Last edited by lilcdkey; 08-07-2010 at 05:14 AM.
lilcdkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
Sansho
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2001 325i
They say they shipped it, and you chose discounted shipping with no tracking and no insurance, right? So what can you do? Wait to see if it shows up or is returned to them, or order it again and choose order tracking. It sounds like they fulfilled your order as you requested.
Sansho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
lilcdkey

Yeah, but just because I chose uninsured shipping it shouldn't take over twice as long as they said.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
This really doesn't belong in GENERAL.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Maybe the item wasn't in stock and its being drop shipped by their supplier? It can take up to twice as long if that's the case

E46 for life
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Sansho
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Yeah, but just because I chose uninsured shipping it shouldn't take over twice as long as they said.
Any number of things could have happened ... as IIIsupra said, it could be drop shipped. However, you chose to save $5 on UPS shipping, so, unfortunately, you just have to hope it will show up sometime. Via airmail typically means US Post Office service, and although they are pretty good, they aren't perfect either (no shipping company is perfect). It could be sitting in the back of a PO truck, or, you could have a PO delivery person like us that sometimes forgets to leave a note that there is a package (you just have to know it's in the PO and go get it).

It doesn't appear the vendor has done anything wrong, since they did what you asked. You did note that they offered to ship via Fedex for free or reduced fee, if you want to reorder.

So stop whining and decide if you're going to wait or reorder.

Last edited by Sansho; 08-07-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Sansho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
just give it some more time. i've had a problem with them, but they were able to handle things. except my problem took like a whole year to resolve lol

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
lilcdkey

What happened with you?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #9
josephi

My Ride: '02 330i
If you haven't gotten it by now, kiss it goodbye. 2 weeks by airmail? That's ridiculous. Something just doesn't sound right.
josephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #10
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcdkey View Post
What happened with you?
i'm not allowed to say. but if they took care of me even after all the time. i'm sure they will help you out. if they had something that no one else had, i would not hesitate to buy from them.

try to email ian. he usually replies promptly. i only had a couple of times where he didn't get my email, but other than that. he replies within 24hrs usually. he should resolve your situation.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #11
bimmian
Supporting Vendor

My Ride: 1-866-423-3799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansho View Post
They say they shipped it, and you chose discounted shipping with no tracking and no insurance, right? So what can you do? Wait to see if it shows up or is returned to them, or order it again and choose order tracking. It sounds like they fulfilled your order as you requested.

Thanks everyone for your support here, and Sansho is 100% correct, we did exactly what you requested. In fact, there is even a warning that pops up when you choose airmail to advise of this possibility.

That being said, we will step up here for you and in the interest of good customer service, we will replace your order free of charge, we will just ask that you cover the cost of UPS ground shipping on this package so that this doesn't happen again.

Obviously we dont know who you are so, please send a PM to me with your email address, order number, and FULL ADDRESS just in case that was entered wrong during checkout.

We just ask that if the first package does end up arriving at your address please mark RETURN TO SENDER on it and drop it back in the mail so we can get our product back.

FYI, just for clarification we ship these roundels directly, and they are not dropshipped.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by bimmian; 08-09-2010 at 08:00 AM.
bimmian is offline   Reply With Quote