E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Riddle me this........

Women....who understands them.....

So six weeks ago the ex breaks it off....claims trust issues and cites other personality differneces. Ok, yeah I took it hard, but I've kept my dignity in check and moved on. She cut our FB connection, cut all messenger connections, etc. So we have had zero contact, which stings at first, but really is the best thing.

Last night out of stupidity I look up her FB profile page. Odd. She has a pic up from a time we were all out at a dinner party. Pic is of her and a girlfriend, but I am in the background. I know she has PLENTY of other pics to use.

WTF? If she is done with me like she portrays, why choose the pic with me in the background? Or is this just random stuff that us men will never understand?
Old 08-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Or is this just random stuff that us men will never understand?
QFT.

just let it die.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
firefirefire90
Banned

My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
girls are stupid
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
highboostracer

My Ride: 2007 gsxr 1000
Your gonna hear this a million times but its not worth the pain of thinking y or what she's thinking, prob she put it up to pis u off, so don't let it bother u, its the past can't change it... so gotta move on.

Sent from my HTC EVO using BimmerApp
highboostracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Oh I agree....and I have moved on. Met a really cool girl and we have a 2nd date lined up tomorrow. But you know how it goes.....every now and then we all still take a glance in the rear-view from time to time.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Oh I agree....and I have moved on. Met a really cool girl and we have a 2nd date lined up tomorrow. But you know how it goes.....every now and then we all still take a glance in the rear-view from time to time.
Could be a bunch of things. Maybe she just liked how she looked in that pic (favorite dress, etc). Might be that simple and you're way overthinking it.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
stapler12345

My Ride: Sakhir Orange M6
she doesnt know how to use photoshop or any editing software to crop your ass out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
I've never heard of a woman wanting more than she actually deserved. Never.
stapler12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhype View Post
she doesnt know how to use photoshop or any editing software to crop your ass out.
This.

That or she doesn't even see you in the picture and is focusing on how good she looks, lol

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
It could be because of a thing called social proof...

Having social proof basically means that other people will perceive you as of having a higher value because you already know people, people that have approved of you. In this case she has a photo of her ex (you), this could demonstrate to others who see the photo that she can get guys because she's already had one (you). So basically she she could use the photo to be like, "yeah there's my ex and my friend", blah blah blah. This will give other people the illusion that she is socially proofed thus giving her a higher value than she would have otherwise. People like other people of a high value, an example of this would be a guy who walks into a bar with a women on his arm. When the other women in the bar sees that he can get a woman, it'll demonstrate higher value causing the other women to potentially want him too. So basically what I'm saying is that it could give her a small advantage in her survival. Survival is the reason any living thing does anything, so yeah... that could be one reason. The social proof she would gain however would almost seem completely negligible though... so honestly I don't know, it could be something else as well like things others have already posted above, it's good question though. Don't be ashamed to question your past because you just might learn something from it. Reminiscing on it though would be a bad idea, question... don't reminisce!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
HellFish

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to HellFish
Try this one. Dated a girl for four years. My family has taken her to Mexico on several occations, Europe, Cayman islands etc...

Well after 4 years she dumps me because she does't really know what she wants. She then proceeds to make a facebook album with a ton of pictures from these vacations. I'm not in them of course.

Cheers
Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish View Post
Try this one. Dated a girl for four years. My family has taken her to Mexico on several occations, Europe, Cayman islands etc...

Well after 4 years she dumps me because she does't really know what she wants. She then proceeds to make a facebook album with a ton of pictures from these vacations. I'm not in them of course.

Cheers
retards....(her and girls like her)
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish View Post

Cheers
ouch! have your right hand warmed up for the next time you see her, lol