E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Interior Upgrade - Shift Style Alcantara shift and ebrake boot

Having owned my M3 for just over a year now and going on my ninth year owning an E46 (8 glorious years with my 330i before the M) the office, or interior while supremely functional does start to feel a bit old hat. The M3 does have a nicer interior than the 330i did but its all about the same and I was bored with it. Not only was I bored but "someone" seems to have spilled some coffee on the ebrake boot and the shift boot was full of dirt.

To cure my interior blues and feed the ever present mod bug I ordered up a matching set shift and ebrake boot from ShiftStyle.com. The boots are made out of alcantara and have a very cool silver accent stitching to them. The quality is top notch as is the installed fit and finish and they've creatively made the bottom elastic so they slip right over the stock plastic frames meaning you can avoid making mess with glue! Check out my full do it yourself installation for all the details.

Its not a full make over of the interior by any means but its a surprisingly noticeable difference. Even my car-indifferent friend noticed that I had done something to the interior and that's saying something! If you're looking to make your E46 interior unique a set of matching boots from Shift Style is a great start and the quality and materials are up to BMW's standard so they look right at home, yet still standing out enough to say, hey, this E46 is owned by a Fanatic!

Shift boots from Shift Style
www.ShiftStyle.com
info@ShiftStyle.com

tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
So Lowww

My Ride: E36M
Nice!
What is that button behind the coin holder?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
StahlBlau3

My Ride: '99 328i, '88 528e
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk325xi View Post
Nice!
What is that button behind the coin holder?
007 Rocket Launcher Mod!!!! FTW
Old 08-22-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
That button behind the coin collector looks like a bluetooth pairing button.
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
miktrebla09

My Ride: bicycle
Ahah, my bad about the coffee, Tim

I at times let myself become lax on the no food rule in my car
Old 08-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD

But srs note, does anyone have this installed with pics with the M shifter? Or ZHP

Last edited by BMW_Matt; 08-22-2010 at 09:37 PM.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Devious21

My Ride: is topless
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Having owned my M3 for just over a year now and going on my ninth year owning an E46 (8 glorious years with my 330i before the M) the office, or ...
Tim, is that stitching Light Gray? Checking out the site now

Devious21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #8
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miktrebla09 View Post
Ahah, my bad about the coffee, Tim

I at times let myself become lax on the no food rule in my car
Good to see you around here still It was my fault, or maybe the GF....lets blame it on her (and hope that she never sees this )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Tim, is that stitching Light Gray? Checking out the site now
Yep, it matches the exterior
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Tim, looks good!
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
mkcman17

My Ride: 89/iS 90/M3 00/iT
Send a message via AIM to mkcman17
i will vouch for these boots. i got an M stitched one in my e30 and get lots of comments on it.
mkcman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
CJBrick

My Ride: '05 325ci
Does anyone have this installed on an automatic zhp?
CJBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #12
romancommander

My Ride: 2002 325i
How long did it take to receive this by mail? I ordered mine a month ago and still have not received it. (However I am located in Canada).
romancommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 AM   #13
ComCool

My Ride: 330CI
Shift Style take like weeks just to answer an email. I went with Redline Goods. Great service and fast shipping. And I'm in Europe.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #14
mbgt72

My Ride: 2002 325ci
I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been trying to get in touch with Shift Style for over a month now with no response, and in another week's time, my parts will have been missing for two months time. I have received no return email since June 23rd, and shipped my product via USPS on June 28th. I have tried NUMEROUS times to contact them both via email and their contact form on their site. At this time I don't even care if they send me the alcantra boot, I just want my oem parts back as the cost to replace each part with new oem parts is going to be very pricy!

I sent my Shift Boot, Shift Knob & Shift Surround (oem carbon fiber) all to them so that I could have a alcantra Shift Boot Free (a program they do if they do not have your model in their database, which they didn't have one for my 2005 S4). I also shipped my E-Brake handle to have it wrapped and was expecting a bill for this to be done, which would be no problem as it was extra labor. But at this point, I have received NO response to any form of contact I have tried, and feel as a last resort I must track them down through forum posts. If nothing else, let this serve as a warning for anyone else looking to purchase through them or send their parts in as I did.

Thank you for your time and any help on the matter.
mbgt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #15
hardtop

My Ride: 05' 3 pedals 2 doors
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgt72 View Post
I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been trying to get in touch with Shift Style for over a month now with no response, and in another week's time, my parts will have been missing for two months time. I have received no return email since June 23rd, and shipped my product via USPS on June 28th. I have tried NUMEROUS times to contact them both via email and their contact form on their site. At this time I don't even care if they send me the alcantra boot, I just want my oem parts back as the cost to replace each part with new oem parts is going to be very pricy!

I sent my Shift Boot, Shift Knob & Shift Surround (oem carbon fiber) all to them so that I could have a alcantra Shift Boot Free (a program they do if they do not have your model in their database, which they didn't have one for my 2005 S4). I also shipped my E-Brake handle to have it wrapped and was expecting a bill for this to be done, which would be no problem as it was extra labor. But at this point, I have received NO response to any form of contact I have tried, and feel as a last resort I must track them down through forum posts. If nothing else, let this serve as a warning for anyone else looking to purchase through them or send their parts in as I did.

Thank you for your time and any help on the matter.
Same here: I ordered a shift boot and matching e-brake boot about a month ago, and have tried numerous times to contact them about when they will be shipping my order, as their website still says payment received... I am becoming quite irritated by their customer service
Old 09-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #16
500rwhp

My Ride: 03 Cobra < FRC < 330
ttt any luck guys?

If shift style is d*cking people around, we all need to know about it
Old 09-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #17
romancommander

My Ride: 2002 325i
No luck yet. I have given up on them and I presume I will not hear back from them or get my product...
romancommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #18
500rwhp

My Ride: 03 Cobra < FRC < 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by romancommander View Post
No luck yet. I have given up on them and I presume I will not hear back from them or get my product...
they have a facebook page... I would have blown it up by now if I were you...
I hate it for you guys...
Old 09-11-2011, 02:10 AM   #19
hardtop

My Ride: 05' 3 pedals 2 doors
I got my parts about a month after ordering. It came from some unrecognizable european country. The shift and ebrake boots are actually really nice, they just took forever to come.