E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
My best friend cheated!

POS has been cheating on his wife for the past 4-5 months. He is really one of my best friends from childhood. I was his best man for ****'s sake and he goes and pulls this ****.

I just don't know what to think about it. His wife told me, so I haven't even heard it from his mouth yet. She is a good friend too, so it's not like he had some evil ***** of a wife who I couldn't care less if he cheated on.

Has anyone here had a good friend cheat? Did it change your friendship? Or have you been the one to cheat? How did your friends react if they were close to both you and your wife?

Cheating is something that really bothers me and I have a hard time forgiving. I'm just so disappointed and upset that a great friend of over 25 years would act so selfish. I guess I really just need to hear his side of the story and let things sink in. Maybe give him a good smack upside that head.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
POS has been cheating on his wife for the past 4-5 months. He is really one of my best friends from childhood. I was his best man for ****'s sake and he goes and pulls this ****.

I just don't know what to think about it. His wife told me, so I haven't even heard it from his mouth yet. She is a good friend too, so it's not like he had some evil ***** of a wife who I couldn't care less if he cheated on.

Has anyone here had a good friend cheat? Did it change your friendship? Or have you been the one to cheat? How did your friends react if they were close to both you and your wife?

Cheating is something that really bothers me and I have a hard time forgiving. I'm just so disappointed and upset that a great friend of over 25 years would act so selfish. I guess I really just need to hear his side of the story and let things sink in. Maybe give him a good smack upside that head.
If he's really a good friend... talk to him before you make any judgements.

his response to your questions should answer any questions you have. And if it becomes obvious taht she was right, do NOT stay in contact with him. cheaters = ****.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
rpl

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Old 08-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
217Bimmer

No, i'm 90% sure it's true. He told me that they were splitting up, but just mumbled about some problems they were having and going to counseling. I thought ok, so it didn't work out. But it didn't really add up because she wasn't letting him come around the house and they have a child, so I knew it had to be more for them to just split out of the blue like that.

He travels a lot for work, so I just think it was an easy opportunity if things weren't going so well back home.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Just sit down and talk to him about it... if he is a true friend, it won't be a problem to do so.

If you enjoy spending time with him, then don't end your friendship over the fact that he betrayed someone else. Just bump your level of trust with him down a notch or two.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
That's messed up. Ask him why he did it

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Old 08-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #7
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
bros before h0es!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
RAFF112

My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr
Calm down, gently remove your tampon and then sit back relax and enjoy a nice glass of 'mind your own fuccing business'.

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #9
E46Moonlight

My Ride: 2000 323i
Recently, I have become aware of my girlfriend's dad cheating on her mom. Until now I have always had respect for the man because he was very close to his kids and appeared to have a very loving relationship with his wife. All I can say is that I agree with you with the giving him a good smack upside the head statement because like his wife, my girlfriend's mom is a great person and never ever deserved this ****. I think you should confront your buddy and tell him that you think he is making a huge fcuking mistake and as his friend you have to tell him what's up. I wish I was in the position where I could confront my girlfriend's dad but it is not my place. I'm not a pu$$y for saying all of this, but simply feel what I feel because I have seen first hand how his actions are destroying people that I love. Bottom line is tell it how it is and soon.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:10 PM   #10
217Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spage View Post
Just sit down and talk to him about it... if he is a true friend, it won't be a problem to do so.

If you enjoy spending time with him, then don't end your friendship over the fact that he betrayed someone else. Just bump your level of trust with him down a notch or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Moonlight View Post
Recently, I have become aware of my girlfriend's dad cheating on her mom. Until now I have always had respect for the man because he was very close to his kids and appeared to have a very loving relationship with his wife. All I can say is that I agree with you with the giving him a good smack upside the head statement because like his wife, my girlfriend's mom is a great person and never ever deserved this ****. I think you should confront your buddy and tell him that you think he is making a huge fcuking mistake and as his friend you have to tell him what's up. I wish I was in the position where I could confront my girlfriend's dad but it is not my place. I'm not a pu$$y for saying all of this, but simply feel what I feel because I have seen first hand how his actions are destroying people that I love. Bottom line is tell it how it is and soon.
Thanks, it's a tough situation.

It's easy to say bros before hoes, but the truth is that she is a good person and didn't deserve this at all. It's all on him for breaking up his family.

She wrote me tonight and seems to be doing ok now and realizes that divorce sucks and that she is going to lose the friends she made through her husband. I take that as a sign that she recognizes that my staying friends with her ex does not mean I am taking his side or condone what he has done.

I am meeting up with him this weekend. Not sure how much he knows I know about the situation, but if he doesn't tell me straight up what he's done and why, it's going to be hard to forgive his continued lies. I'll just feel guilty and slimy for hanging out with a cheater.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #11
l2dopel

My Ride: 01' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
bros before h0es!
+1 i dont care what my boys do, as long as it isnt detrimental to me; im w/ em 100%.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
DJSTERLING

My Ride: 06 M3 ZCP
Send a message via AIM to DJSTERLING
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFF112 View Post
Calm down, gently remove your tampon and then sit back relax and enjoy a nice glass of 'mind your own fuccing business'.
ahahaaa i just died..

But seriously.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #13
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
She wrote me tonight and seems to be doing ok
You know there's only one thing to do in this situation, right?

j/k... In all seriousness though, that sucks. Like I said, don't give up on your best friend because of it. Just put your guard up when you're around him a little more.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #14
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl View Post
+1
Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #15
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
My buddy cheated on his gf who is also a good friend of mine a little less than a year ago. She was living across the country at a different university, he was living on campus at his school in LA, they were both freshman and something was bound to happen. He ended up doing the deed with another girl while he was still 'committed' to his gf. He called me the night after and told me he doesn't know what to do; long story short, he ended up telling the other girl when she came home around thanksgiving, and now he's in a pretty serious relationship with the new girl. Sounds shitty of him, but at least he fessed up and came clean before it got much worse. I don't agree with it either, but I don't see why it would change our friendship

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
Old 08-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
why do men cheat? isn't it human nature to just be with different women?

i'm not saying it's right but it's natural
Old 08-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #17
swoobies

My Ride: '03 M3
You could say its natural, but we aren't exactly cavemen anymore. sorry OP but ur friend is worth about as much as the sh1t that im about to take. brb
Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #18
335iTah

My Ride: 335i>330i
Quote:
OMFG!!!!

Quote:
Old 08-23-2010, 02:34 AM   #19
Muney

My Ride: is on e92 M3 reps
Quote:
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
Just discovered a new specie : The AAG. African-American Guido.
Quote:
this is like saying a tractor is better than a Veyron because it can keep a higher speed through deep manure
Old 08-23-2010, 02:37 AM   #20
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2dopel View Post
+1 i dont care what my boys do, as long as it isnt detrimental to me; im w/ em 100%.
In other words...

Closed Thread