E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #21
d33p

My Ride: zcp
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHB View Post
A lot of people complain about the high price of ZHP's, but look at it the other way: there is one ZHP for sale right now on this forum, and another linked to via Craigslist, in the same color as this car, with the same mileage or a little less, for $15.5k. I'm not necessarily saying this car is overpriced, but rather that ZHP's are quite a bargain given what you get.

The roughly $10k + M3 premium seems to remain constant across the mileage spectrum, but the actual prices of the cars depend critically on mileage and condition. You CAN pay $22k for a ZHP, but it's going to be mint, and with around 20k miles or less; an M3 with similar mileage in the same condition, especially with ZCP, would almost certainly be at least $32k.

GLWS, but mileage means a lot.

yeah but m3 > zhp any day of the week.

You want an m for a reason and no zhp will cut it.
d33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #22
josywales

My Ride: 325i
Bro, you might want to lower that price a bit if you want to sell it. I saw a similar car, with the same options without the mods but 36xxx miles going for 25k and this was at a BMW dealer. Good luck.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #23
KoRny

My Ride: 2002 E46 330i
Beautiful Car dude, GLWS! Hope you get what you're asking for.
KoRny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #24
drdanmud

My Ride: 2005 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPWR View Post
Bump for my buddy Don's old car. I can vouch for this car all the maintenance is up to date the miles don't show at all! Car is perfect all around!
Price reduced!

Thanks for the bump. The car is just not what I wanted. Don doesn't even know I'm selling it.... However the car has grown on me quite a bit since getting it. Might have to opt for a daily driver and a keep this in the garage....

Last edited by drdanmud; 08-24-2010 at 09:29 PM.
drdanmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #25
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
It's the economy that's driving the prices down because people aren't dumping money into cars right now... it's just the way the times are...
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 AM   #26
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHB View Post
They make a lot of noise, insurance costs a fortune (especially if you're a younger driver), they don't come with a decent automatic transmission, the stock suspension is very rough, women tend to be a lot less impressed with them than you think they are, especially if they have to spend considerable time in the passenger seat, and very few children have been concieved in the back seat.

The fact that the seller is offering a beautiful car for sale after less than a month of ownership suggests that M3's are not the be all and end all for all drivers.

There are a lot of BMW's that are neither boring, economical grocery getters nor e46 M3's.

Sorry for the hijack.
In my 6 years of fanatics I've never heard that side of the argument.

Props to you for laying it out like that!

<--- Still would love an M3 though ,
-Chris
Old 08-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #27
drdanmud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5 325i View Post
In my 6 years of fanatics I've never heard that side of the argument.

Props to you for laying it out like that!

<--- Still would love an M3 though ,
-Chris
Hilarious. You should have seen me when I bought the car and had to wait to have it shipped from Texas. I felt like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve. Got the car, man it is fun and certainly gets the looks. Stereo in this car is amazing as well. Then drove around with my 2 kids in the backseat they love it!...but what a task to put them in and out and their feet are smashed if anyone is sitting up front. I have a minivan, but often take 1 child with me in my car places. Then I have a bad knee and getting out of drivers door on my bad left knee started up some old knee pain....and so on and so on... Thinking about keeping this for track days and fun....and getting an old Acura for daily driving....

Last edited by drdanmud; 08-25-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #28
cubz

My Ride: M3
I think every1 that got a M3, they felt like they were kid again...at least thats how I felt...

One time I thought about selling it but I was crazy...Now I'm looking to buy a beater...hahaha
cubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #29
drdanmud

Come on somebody buy this gem of an M3 so I can get my new car!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #30
drdanmud

Seriously. Why doesn't anyone even want this car. The crappy bushings have been replaced. The worn out coilovers have been replaced by Bilsteins, new rear tires, good front tires, new front brakes. I just want to buy my M5! Somebody buy this thing!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #31
Fuerza

My Ride: XXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdanmud View Post
Seriously. Why doesn't anyone even want this car. The crappy bushings have been replaced. The worn out coilovers have been replaced by Bilsteins, new rear tires, good front tires, new front brakes. I just want to buy my M5! Somebody buy this thing!
I gave up on selling my M3 SMG. I'm like you in that I wanted a M5 or E90 M3 sedan. I tried for 9 months, IMO if you want the car to sell push it out to Carmax or trade a hit on trading it in. SMG cars have a stigma of problems that buyers don't want to deal with, that is a fact! Its either going to take lots of time or you are going to have to take a hit ($$$).
Fuerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #32
drdanmud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adgar View Post
I gave up on selling my M3 SMG. I'm like you in that I wanted a M5 or E90 M3 sedan. I tried for 9 months, IMO if you want the car to sell push it out to Carmax or trade a hit on trading it in. SMG cars have a stigma of problems that buyers don't want to deal with, that is a fact! Its either going to take lots of time or you are going to have to take a hit ($$$).
Hopefully someone like me who wanted this car for track and daily driving, SMG is great balance. My pressure accumulator already been changed at 51k by dealership under warranty...
Old 09-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #33
drdanmud

Price Lowered!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #34
///MPWR

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Quote:
Price Lowered!
Wish I bought it while it was still here!
BUMP
///MPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #35
drdanmud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPWR View Post
Wish I bought it while it was still here!
BUMP
Shipping from Texas was $795. The car really is growing on me and I'm getting used to the "non luxury" of the car.

I still am driving way too fast in town with it, which is another reason I don't want to keep this long. I am bound to get in trouble. Hard to control myself.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #36
mbae

My Ride: 2005 STi
interested in any trades?
http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777415
mbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #37
drdanmud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbae View Post
Nice car! I am looking to go the luxury route if I do a trade.

Best of luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #38
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
Quote:
I still am driving way too fast in town with it, which is another reason I don't want to keep this long. I am bound to get in trouble. Hard to control myself.
...so to solve this problem you plan on getting in an M5? ?
-Chris
Old 09-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #39
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K5 325i View Post
...so to solve this problem you plan on getting in an M5? ?
-Chris
lol

it has four doors, I'm sure that'll slow him down..
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #40
drdanmud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup View Post
lol

it has four doors, I'm sure that'll slow him down..
2006+ M5 actually is quite normal feeling and quiet when M mode is not engaged. It really to me is the best of both worlds.

Think I'm going to wait on the M5 though when the twin turbo's drop in price.