E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Watching recorded TV programs on the Dynavin

Im a TV junky of some of the TV programs aired by the big TV stations: ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,FOX and other cable channels.

I like watching late night talk shows, detective series, suspense/drama, reality, comedy... u name it. If it's good I'd watch it. But I dont get the chance to watch anymore as before because of my schedule hours, road-trips, appointments and what nots.

Much to my chagrin, as I understand the Dynavin units sold for the North American market, it's a challenge, if not feasible to make the unit to pull in TV signals.

It'd be nice if I can record/download TV programs on a stick/SD, and then be able to watch it when Im on one of my regular long road trips, or while parked on rest areas.

Question is does anyone know a way (paid or free) to download TV programs aired by the big TV stations listed above?
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Evo0063

My Ride: 2001 - 320D SE
Hi there,

Not sure on what set-up you currently have but here's a solution:

Record a programme to DVD recorder hooked up to the TV - transfer the media to a recordable disc - place into a PC and transfer to USB.

Sure there's an easier way but this is what I would do without paying for anymore equipment.

Hope it helps.
Evo0063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Buy a USB tv tuner. They come with DVR software, so u can record you shows on your pc. Then copy them to your ad card and away u go.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
newspec

My Ride: Mspec 325i 2001
Download what ever shows you want from here then throw on usb stick and watch at your convenience.
http://forum.tvfreeload.com/index.php
newspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
radarcontact

My Ride: 2006 330CiC/ZHP
try www.hulu.com, I think that is their business...
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Here is the situation :

1. Digital television requires a very strong, stable connection (as digital is either full on or full off) which would mean you would need to be stationary and have a powerful antenna. This also isn't available yet in the US dynavin units.

2. Analog television has been phased out by most boradcasters so there isn't even anything to retrieve were you to try.

Now, with those in mind, you arrive at your obvious conclusion. Either pre-downloaded material or streaming entertainment. If you have a 3g phone, there are a number of options out there. You can get a Slingbox, hook it into your cable box, and your computer or phone can stream the content directly to it. This would give you as it happens television or movies in your car. There is also a netflix ap if you want to watch older programming. These are both compatible with iphone and multiple devices are available for slingbox

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll weigh in which option is best to work with my existing toys or lack thereof.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote