E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
relentlessone

My Ride: '03 BMW 530i
Send a message via AIM to relentlessone
External Nav audio through factory speakers?

I am building a custom nav enclosure for my Magellan 7" Roadmate in the ashtray/sunglass holder. The nav speaker will be buried behind my center console, so I was wondering if there is there any way I can wire the speakers of the nav unit to the factory sound system? Is tapping into the bluetooth harness a possibility?

If this isn't possibly I will probably just run the speaker up to the bluetooth mic location, but I think it would be cool if the nav instructions played through the car speakers.

Any help is appreciated.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
rsitnick

My Ride: 2009 328i x-Drive
I attached my unit to my AUX port.
1979 Fiat Spider 2000

http://community.webshots.com/user/fiatz79
rsitnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
relentlessone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsitnick View Post
That's not a bad idea at all. I'm pretty sure my DICE unit has an AUX port, I just might try it. Thanks for the idea!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
VADER-01

My Ride: E46 323i
I've been trying to do this for some time now... And still, I have not figured out a way to do this as of yet... When I do, I'll let you know! PLEASE DO THE SAME FOR ME!

BLESSED & H8'D!
VADER-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
relentlessone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsitnick View Post
Hey, btw, does this mean you have to switch between nav and ipod modes manually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER-01 View Post
I've been trying to do this for some time now... And still, I have not figured out a way to do this as of yet... When I do, I'll let you know! PLEASE DO THE SAME FOR ME!
I absolutely will. I can't help but think that there has to be a way to tap into the bluetooth harness. I would really like to be able to listen to my ipod through my dice and have it fade out the music when a nav instruction is given. This could be very wishful thinking though.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
relentlessone

I just came across this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkase View Post
MOD COST: FREE (or minimal)
MOD BENEFIT: receive and talk hands free with Iphone with caller sound coming thru car stereo
MOD DESCRIPTION: for those that have the Business radio with AUX potential...do the aux cable mod (elsewhere in this thread) and then plug in your iphone...you will now be able to get and make calls without needing to hold phone up to your ear...the callers voice comes over the speakers and your voice is picked up really great by the iphone's microphone...no need for bluetooth, running cables from the trunk...none of that...the iphone works exactly as if it is in its normal op mode so if you're listening to music and get a call, the music fades and your answer screen comes up, hit answer and do your talking, hang up and music fades up again...works like a charm...
Does anyone know if the iphone tells the music to fade out, or is it just the signal hitting the radio that fades the music out? If it is just the signal, maybe this would work with the Nav instead of the iphone? Might have to try this if nobody knows.