E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #41
Mark M

My Ride: e30 M3 / e90 335d
Well boys....this train is not getting back on the tracks.

Got a reply to my email today. She accepted my apology and said that she is also partially to blame too. Then she went on to say she can't continue this 'dating marathon' and she needs to get back on track with her faith. She said she just got caught up with me too quickly and fell for all the attention I was giving her and the conversation she enjoyed with me. She is stopping by tonight to pickup her watch and ring that she accidently left at my place Sat evening, but said she does not want to come in, just handoff at the door.

Ok, sounds fine to me. No reason for me to keep chasing this one. Too strange for me. At least I got a mediocre lay out of it and was able to use it to help rebound off my long term ex which ended back in July.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #42
edicWHUN

My Ride: V-Dubs
Send a message via AIM to edicWHUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Actually a bounce refers to the principle of moving a woman or set from one venue to another... just saying

Goddamn you guys and your verbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

Got a reply to my email today. She accepted my apology and said that she is also partially to blame too. Then she went on to say she can't continue this 'dating marathon' and she needs to get back on track with her faith. She said she just got caught up with me too quickly and fell for all the attention I was giving her and the conversation she enjoyed with me. She is stopping by tonight to pickup her watch and ring that she accidently left at my place Sat evening, but said she does not want to come in, just handoff at the door.

Ok, sounds fine to me. No reason for me to keep chasing this one. Too strange for me. At least I got a mediocre lay out of it and was able to use it to help rebound off my long term ex which ended back in July.
Sorry to hear that, man. In my opinion it sounded like waaaaaaay too much work to put into someone you just hung out with a couple times. In my opinion that's too much drama to put up with after such a short period of time, imagine what a lifetime of that would be like!

edicWHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #43
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
wack, tell her you don't have the ring and watch anymore lol jk
Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #44
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
You tried to sincerely remedy the situation

Turned out to be too much work

Move on bro. This one is definitely wierd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #45
jailonacs99

My Ride: 2011 335is
Sorry to hear things didn't work out.

Sounds like it's time to post pics.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #46
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
There you go! Think of it just as a buffer, just to make sure you don't fall into something immediately after the long term one ended....kind of like a glass of water to clean the pallete after drinking the same beer after so many years.....

Quote:
At least I got a mediocre lay out of it and was able to use it to help rebound off my long term ex which ended back in July.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #47
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

It may be to late but it would be a good idea to have a female friend over so she can see her. It will show her you can get other girls easily and make her a little jealous. When you tell her it's a long time friend she'll be relived and that jealously will go away but that interest will still be there.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #48
Mark M

Yeah....thanks for the tip, but its done. She texted me that she was on her way over, showed up at my door, we had small talk, gave her the watch / jewelery, told her I was really sorry, got a half hearted hug and she just said she still has my number but for now needs time to work on herself.

So yeah as others have said, should not have to put this much work into such a 'new' relationship. I've been able to walk away from girls before without any issue. This one, is different, even though it was only three dates, this feels like a breakup with that odd emotion that accompanies a breakup. Anyway.....moving on.

Last edited by Mark M; 08-25-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #49
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
am I the only one that thinks this is a good thing and she's not really all there? I know you could have done things differently but I think this "godly" personality would have come out eventually.
seriously. It's 2010, that **** isn't normal. Faith shouldn't inhibit basic human emotions... if you run into a god-fearing girl like that, FVCKING RUN

She probably had some real shitty/conservative/strict/shunning parents too, so it isn't really her fault I guess.

So you met her online? Did she mentioned her faith in her profile? Whenever I see that, I always click out. Faith doesn't bother me per-say, but I always felt like putting such a personal thing in a profile was kind of odd.

EDIT: I also don't understand why you feel so sorry/apologized to her?? You gave her a million chances to cool it down and she brushed them off.

Last edited by CMT247; 08-29-2010 at 02:44 PM.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #50
2003 bmw m3

My Ride: 2003 M3 tiag vert
M3

should have taken the M3
Old 08-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #51
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
My first date I pick her ass up in the 96 F150.

If shes good she gets promoted to the ZHP.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #52
Mark M

No worries, got a new one lined up.

First date planned tomorrow evening, we are doing Go-Karting, this one's name is Amanda. I'm impressed, a girl that is eager to do some fun racing as a first date, then ice cream afterwards.

If you have half a personality, some witt, and some humor, you will do fine with online dating. The hard part is meeting them and screaning out the odd ones.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #53
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:

First date planned tomorrow evening, we are doing Go-Karting, this one's name is Amanda. I'm impressed, a girl that is eager to do some fun racing as a first date, then ice cream afterwards.

If you have half a personality, some witt, and some humor, you will do fine with online dating. The hard part is meeting them and screaning out the odd ones.
take the m3 this time and bag this one on the first date. no sense in wasting time on two extra dates like that last one.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #54
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:

Try to work in another venue or two if possible. Spending for example four hours in 1-2 venues is not as good as four hours in 3-4 different venues... it has to do building comfort and rapport among other things. In the end she'll have all these different memories of you two doing all these different things at all these different places... she'll feel as if she knows you better... as if she's known you longer. Trust me it works, just do it if possible. Oh and the longer the date lasts the better... so make it last.

Here's a tip for the next date, make her come to your place... When she arrives go out talk for a minute and as you're about to leave be like, "Oh dang, I forgot something (actually do leave something behind though, keys or whatever)...

come inside real quick so I can get my (insert object) and we'll leave" When you say this don't ask her, tell her... turn your back and just start walking assuming she'll follow. Another way is by starting kino already, just put your hand on her lower back for a few seconds and lead her. Then you can show her you're house/apartment, be sure to make it quick though, all you're doing is getting her comfortable in your place. The fact that you'll be rushing and hustling her out again quickly to go on the 'date' will make her even more comfortable in your house and possibly even curious. To top it off it can also be considered another quick venue and remember, the more venues you can naturally work in the better.

When changing venues though try to make them seem as spontaneous and natural as possible. For example go to another venue near by and not one that's 10-20 minutes away...

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out some quick tips... good luck.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #55
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
Try to work in another venue or two if possible. Spending for example four hours in 1-2 venues is not as good as four hours in 3-4 different venues... it has to do building comfort and rapport among other things. In the end she'll have all these different memories of you two doing all these different things at all these different places... she'll feel as if she knows you better... as if she's known you longer. Trust me it works, just do it if possible. Oh and the longer the date lasts the better... so make it last.

Here's a tip for the next date, make her come to your place... When she arrives go out talk for a minute and as you're about to leave be like, "Oh dang, I forgot something (actually do leave something behind though, keys or whatever)...

come inside real quick so I can get my (insert object) and we'll leave" When you say this don't ask her, tell her... turn your back and just start walking assuming she'll follow. Another way is by starting kino already, just put your hand on her lower back for a few seconds and lead her. Then you can show her you're house/apartment, be sure to make it quick though, all you're doing is getting her comfortable in your place. The fact that you'll be rushing and hustling her out again quickly to go on the 'date' will make her even more comfortable in your house and possibly even curious. To top it off it can also be considered another quick venue and remember, the more venues you can naturally work in the better.

When changing venues though try to make them seem as spontaneous and natural as possible. For example go to another venue near by and not one that's 10-20 minutes away...

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out some quick tips... good luck.
your posts make you look like a creepy rapist. just sayin'.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #56
oreo931

My Ride: 850 T5R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
your posts make you look like a creepy rapist. just sayin'.
Or someone who knows how to deal with women much better than the average male.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #57
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo931 View Post
Or someone who knows how to deal with women much better than the average male.
Smoak's replies have been really good. The multiple Venue's thing is key. I always make sure we hop to at least 3 places when going out. When I really hit it off with a girl from online our date ends up lasting 3-6 hours.

Kino definitely helps. Elbow is probably one of the most common ones I use; you can always slide your hand down all the way to her hands too
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #58
E46325Ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
some damn good advicce in this thread, would read again! lol

smoak is a genius
Old 09-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #59
Mark M

We had drinks n appetizers tonight. Great conversation n rapport plus light kino. Lots of short texts and emails riot to the date. She knows I am not just looking for a bang. Although she is coming over tomorrow evening to my place for drinks n to hangout. She is a hot lil 30yo who is def into me but has a 10yo daughter. Does not phase me cause i have a 1yo son.

Last edited by Mark M; 09-01-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Mark M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #60
Mark M

Sorry for poor spelling. Typing from iPhone w rum