E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 09-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
CFreed11

My Ride: 2004 325xi
xi Crunch Reversal

Hey guys, my name's Chaddrich Freed, just call me Chadd or CFreed11, whichever.. live in the SW tip of Michigan, bout 2 hours out of Chicago.

Well I bought an '04 325xi back in March, and have finally started to get to it after saving up enough money. Previous owner wrecked it and the insurance company totaled it out, I got it fairly cheap and have finally started to put it back together.

Currently, she needs the following:
>>rear end of the frame pulled (rear ended, pinched the body just behind the rear doors)
>>new rear lower control arms (somebody lifted the back end with a fork truck and bent both rear lowers, the left side has been straightened a little, but I'm getting new ones for both sides)
>>probably needs a new a/c condenser (old one is pretty banged up)

I already have the new body parts, (driver side front fender, hood, headlights) including an M3 style front bumper and rear wing. Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs are on the way (just ordered today)

She's no prom queen, but I see the potential! Well here's pics from start to her current state:

Sorry if that's too many pics..I may have gotten carried away.. Hopefully it won't be too long before she's on the road!
CFreed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #2
Puri13

My Ride: '06 Altima SE-R
Congrats, hope you got an awesome price on it too, looks like you've got a lot of work to do. All in all it doesn't seem to be in too bad of a shape for a total but of course these days you don't have to cause a whole lot of damage for that label. Best of luck on the project though, there's plenty of resources to be utilized here as long as you've got the time and motivation to pull them off.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Just leave the AC out. Saves weight. Good luck.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
CFreed11

My Ride: 2004 325xi
I got the car for $5500, and have shelled out about $1000 or so in parts.. So I feel like I've gotten a pretty good deal so far considering kbb list the car from a dealership at well over twice what I've paid. I just got the rear lower control arms in today, and with the 3-day weekend coming up, I'm hoping I can have the body work started before the end of the weekend. Lowering springs shipped out today and I should have them in a week..

The interior is in excellent shape, there was no broken glass and the airbags didn't deploy, so the only thing wrong with the interior is some clean-up in the cup holders and shampooing the floor up front.

I get my bonus from work in about two weeks, so I'm hoping she's ready for paint by then and my bonus money can go towards a custom paint!

Last edited by CFreed11; 09-02-2010 at 09:16 PM.
CFreed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
LittleChrist12

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325xi
Spend your time and money getting the frame and body just right. If you skip out there, you'll never be happy with how the car handles, no matter how much money you put into it. Its a great DD and holds its own in the winter! Enjoy!