E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #41
Jessethat1guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 16
My Ride: 03 325ci
Saw one about 8 years ago. During the day too. It was in the shape of a silver marble. It wasn't a plane or a jet because this object was flying higher than any plane or jet normally would. As it was crossing the sky, it suddenly stopped for two seconds, went back the way it was coming from, stopped again, and suddenly flew across the sky in the opposite direction at a speed that was atleast five times the speed that it was flying previously. It dissapeared into a patch of clouds and didn't see it again. I honestly didn't know what to think. I believe that were not alone but what it is that is out there? I have no idea.
__________________


"Fathers, hide your daughters. Daughters, hide your fathers. I'm like an ostrich. I'll stick my head in any dirty hole."- Pain
Jessethat1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #42
Sponger
Banned
 
Sponger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 267
My Ride: 2000 328ci
In the age of the internet and everyone holding a camera in thier pockets, I will refuse to believe UFOs exist until I see just a single shred of evidence. Anything. Video clip, piece of UFO, transmission, anything. I have yet to see single piece of evidence that suggests UFO have or ever have existed. Same goes with that pesky topic called religion.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #43
TheRusski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 7,664
My Ride: gone...
in
__________________
TheRusski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #44
Ler0y Jenkins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 39
My Ride: '02 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Extraterrestrial UFO Are Real : Ben Rich Lockheed CEO Admitted In His Deathbed Confession

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2010/08/u...eed-skunk.html

Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works CEO had admitted in his Deathbed Confession that Extraterrestrial UFO visitors are real and the U.S. Military travel among stars.

According to article published in May 2010 issue of the Mufon UFO Journal [Link] - . . .


/thread.
Ler0y Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #45
Sam 330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salem NH
Posts: 3,573
My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
Area 51 thread was better.
__________________
Sam 330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #46
Raymond42262
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 453
My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Good post!


The main problem with humans is that we think that we know everything, and if it can't be understood nor explained in our "limited" capacity, it must not be possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
One of the truest posts i've ever seen on E46fanatics
Exactly.

Just think about the people on Earth. Look at some of the people in Africa. A week or so ago I read that a woman wanted two boys ( ages 7 and 10 or so ) to be killed because she said that they cursed her daughter and they were responsible for her death.

And there are people that still think that the Earth is flat and that think that science should be limited because 'if God wanted us to fly he would have given us wings.'

The Universe is a big place and I don't think that laws of nature that apply to Earthbound residents necessarily apply to everyone else. Just because a scientist does not understand it because it does not conform to their accepted rules of the world, does not mean that things are possible elsewhere that we have not learned about, or there are laws of nature that exist that we have not learned to apply yet.

One example would be Helium 13. It's an element that is rarely found on Earth but it is found on abundance on the Moon. Just a few tons of the element would power ( utilized like a nuke plant I imagine ) a small nation for a year or more. I feel confident that with all the new planets that have been discovered and the new moons that continue to be found that there are probably other elements and characteristics that are common to them that are unknown to us now.

I figure that every moon and every planet developed uniquely unto itself independent of other planets/moons. So I think that there are unique qualities to each one that we have yet to learn.
__________________
"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for."....Joseph Addison
--------------------
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #47
dmon_101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diggity, CA
Posts: 5,074
My Ride: has sexy fogs/shoes
Send a message via AIM to dmon_101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
In the age of the internet and everyone holding a camera in thier pockets, I will refuse to believe UFOs exist until I see just a single shred of evidence. Anything. Video clip, piece of UFO, transmission, anything. I have yet to see single piece of evidence that suggests UFO have or ever have existed. Same goes with that pesky topic called religion.
along the lines of what George Carlin said:

"You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. And you know why? Because I've actually met Joe Pesci."
__________________

Dealer Programmable Options | Projector Fogs FTW
There are a lot of Fs and too many Ks in the F/M/K scenario <- posted before I met my wife
To answer your question, it's something you can find by searching the forum or using Google
dmon_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:42 AM   #48
djmangee816
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kansas
Posts: 85
My Ride: ///m
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon_101 View Post
along the lines of what George Carlin said:

"You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. And you know why? Because I've actually met Joe Pesci."
so how do you know hitler was real?
djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:06 AM   #49
_Shark
Registered User
 
_Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 562 California.
Posts: 2,901
My Ride: '12 MK6 GTI
Send a message via AIM to _Shark
thats like sayimg how do i know 9-11 was real, if ive neve been to new york.
__________________
Andrew



_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:33 AM   #50
djmangee816
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kansas
Posts: 85
My Ride: ///m
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shark View Post
thats like sayimg how do i know 9-11 was real, if ive neve been to new york.
u kno 911 is real becus u seen vids of it. but what if there were no vids n u never been to ny and sum1 told u 2 planes hit the building would u still believe them?
djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #51
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,299
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmangee816 View Post
u kno 911 is real becus u seen vids of it. but what if there were no vids n u never been to ny and sum1 told u 2 planes hit the building would u still believe them?
if they typed like you, definitely not
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 AM   #52
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Project Serpo.........

http://www.serpo.org/article6.php
hahahah if you actually believe that, you might want to get your head checked. This alone makes the rest of the article lose credibility, if there was any to begin with.

Quote:
Carl Sagan was consulted on this, and wrote about 60 pages of opinion on the subject, but ultimately had to acknowledge that earthly laws of physics do not necessarily apply out of this solar system
If that was true, all of astrophysics would be wrong and we wouldn't know anything about our universe.



Edit: Also, if the author had any clue what he was talking about, he would have said that Newtownian motion doesn't apply, not Kepler's.
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Last edited by cowmoo32; 09-14-2010 at 07:37 AM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #53
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmangee816 View Post
u kno 911 is real becus u seen vids of it. but what if there were no vids n u never been to ny and sum1 told u 2 planes hit the building would u still believe them?
lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #54
djmangee816
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kansas
Posts: 85
My Ride: ///m
wat? lol tell i have at least some kind of point

Last edited by djmangee816; 09-14-2010 at 01:10 PM.
djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #55
Sponger
Banned
 
Sponger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 267
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmangee816 View Post
so how do you know hitler was real?
Because there is photographic and video evidence, plus the personal accounts of millions of people. Same cannot be said about a single UFO, minus the kooky personal account stuff.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #56
djmangee816
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: kansas
Posts: 85
My Ride: ///m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
Because there is photographic and video evidence, plus the personal accounts of millions of people. Same cannot be said about a single UFO, minus the kooky personal account stuff.
yea i kno but wat i meant was like just becus we dont have photographs or video evidence of something then all we can rely on is personal accounts of others and through writings right?
djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #57
Sponger
Banned
 
Sponger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 267
My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmangee816 View Post
yea i kno but wat i meant was like just becus we dont have photographs or video evidence of something then all we can rely on is personal accounts of others and through writings right?
Yes. That is where common sense and using your judgment come in to play on what personal accounts to believe and writings to trust. That is how the court of law works and that is how life works. There is no reason for me to believe a single report of a UFO because I simply don't believe beings of any sort would enter our atmosphere, zoom around as a bright light to scare some humans and then disappear.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #58
TheRusski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SD
Posts: 7,664
My Ride: gone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
Yes. That is where common sense and using your judgment come in to play on what personal accounts to believe and writings to trust. That is how the court of law works and that is how life works. There is no reason for me to believe a single report of a UFO because I simply don't believe beings of any sort would enter our atmosphere, zoom around as a bright light to scare some humans and then disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
The main problem with humans is that we think that we know everything, and if it can't be understood nor explained in our "limited" capacity, it must not be possible.
...
__________________
TheRusski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #59
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In the cockpit of an M4!
Posts: 1,778
My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
There are some days that I wish that either of the following would occur:
  • ...That the government would stop lying and be forthright about collected ET intelligence (..Yes! It's a tall order, and I realize why it isn't done, but it would really shut people up...........OR cause anarchy, but I can handle that).
  • ...That an alien vessel would land/expose itself somewhere in full public view in broad daylight; a location where a dispute would be asinine
  • ...Or fvck it! Let them come "Independence Day" style. At least I can say, "I told you so b|tches!!!" before I'm vaporized.

P.S. Yes! The Area51 thread is a classic.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 09-14-2010 at 02:17 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #60
SaN NizZLe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 1,024
My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
There are some days that I wish that either of the following would occur:
  • ...That the government would stop lying and be forthright about collected ET intelligence (..Yes! It's a tall order, and I realize why it isn't done, but it would really shut people up...........OR cause anarchy, but I can handle that).
  • ...That an alien vessel would land/expose itself somewhere in full public view in broad daylight; a location where a dispute would be asinine
  • ...Or fvck it! Let them come "Independence Day" style. At least I can say, "I told you so b|tches!!!" before I'm vaporized.
P.S. Yes! The Area51 thread is a classic.

SaN NizZLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use