E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #41
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crespo5190 View Post
Thank you.

bro you shouldn't let her wear that ring. i would just take it off her and toss it on the freeway.
obviously hasn't been in a relationship...

Solly, ask yourself what the ring means. If she wears it because she likes it, then that's one thing. If she wears it because it reminds her of him, that's another altogether. My wife still has a ring from her ex boyfriend that she'll wear every now and then because it's a great looking ring.

The surefire way to get a girl to give up a piece of jewelry, though, is to get her something nicer.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #42
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
obviously hasn't been in a relationship...

Solly, ask yourself what the ring means. If she wears it because she likes it, then that's one thing. If she wears it because it reminds her of him, that's another altogether. My wife still has a ring from her ex boyfriend that she'll wear every now and then because it's a great looking ring.

The surefire way to get a girl to give up a piece of jewelry, though, is to get her something nicer.
It's one of those claddagh rings that faces a certain way when you're with someone and another when you're single.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #43
wicked_limitz

My Ride: 2oo8 G37S 6MT IP/BLK
i usually dont get mad but the other day my gf was cleaning the apartment and happen to find her ex engagement ring and decided to put it on and talk about it with her sister while im standing there not even having a clue that she was engaged before....i stayed quiet and went outside and she knew i was upset and then went off on me lol

95 Toyota Avalon -Daily beater :thumbup:

04 G35 IP/Wheat Coupe 6MT Fully Loaded - Gone 94 Lexus SC300 - SOLD 99 Civic EJ8 - SOLD 93 EG Hatch - SOLD
wicked_limitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #44
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_limitz View Post
i usually dont get mad but the other day my gf was cleaning the apartment and happen to find her ex engagement ring and decided to put it on and talk about it with her sister while im standing there not even having a clue that she was engaged before....i stayed quiet and went outside and she knew i was upset and then went off on me lol
Alright, that is entirely different. She should have told you that she was engaged, so you have every right to be ticked off about that - not to mention that she still has the ring and is playing with it, talking to her sister!!

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #45
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
It's one of those claddagh rings that faces a certain way when you're with someone and another when you're single.
in that case, I'd have no issue. Maybe you should find her a nicer one?

Is she an Irish Catholic? Or at least Irish? In that case, it's traditional. Is she wearing it the right way?

The girl I dated through junior/senior year of high school still wears the one I got her back then, because it's a really great piece of jewelry. White gold with a diamond accent. She just doesn't tell her husband where she got it from.

On the other hand, I still wear the St. Michael pendant she got me, but my wife knows where it came from and why I wear it.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #46
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_limitz View Post
wow. how old are your guys if you don't mind me asking.

Quote:
in that case, I'd have no issue. Maybe you should find her a nicer one?

Is she an Irish Catholic? Or at least Irish? In that case, it's traditional. Is she wearing it the right way?

The girl I dated through junior/senior year of high school still wears the one I got her back then, because it's a really great piece of jewelry. White gold with a diamond accent. She just doesn't tell her husband where she got it from.

On the other hand, I still wear the St. Michael pendant she got me, but my wife knows where it came from and why I wear it.
Is there a such thing as Polish Catholic. She's that lol. But yea she wears it the way that indicates she is taken.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #47
OrisuE46

My Ride: 325xi
hahahhahahahaha im dying at work!

LOLLLLLL @ everyone changing your mind about your gfs ring hahahahahahhaa

R.I.P

OrisuE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #48
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrisuE46 View Post
hahahhahahahaha im dying at work!

LOLLLLLL @ everyone changing your mind about your gfs ring hahahahahahhaa

they didn't though. It's still there and I don't care lol.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #49
NOVAbimmer

yes, poles can be catholics. In fact, I believe that many are. I guess poles can wear claddagh rings, too

I've only known it as an Irish women thing, though.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:35 AM   #50
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
so... why don't you just talk to your girlfriend?
tell her it bothers you that she still wears the ring
tell her you'll buy her another ring to replace it... same kind if she wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:58 AM   #51
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
You start way too many threads about your gf.

Yes Im hating, jealous and need a hug.

/thread

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #52
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
a ring would probably bother me, anything else, prolly not.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #53
DylloS

Quote:
yes, poles can be catholics. In fact, I believe that many are. I guess poles can wear claddagh rings, too

I've only known it as an Irish women thing, though.
I was joking about the polish catholic thing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post

/thread
I make threads on whatever is going on in my life.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #54
wicked_limitz

My Ride: 2oo8 G37S 6MT IP/BLK
[QUOTE=DylloS;12220859]wow. how old are your guys if you don't mind me asking. QUOTE]

we are both 24

95 Toyota Avalon -Daily beater :thumbup:

04 G35 IP/Wheat Coupe 6MT Fully Loaded - Gone 94 Lexus SC300 - SOLD 99 Civic EJ8 - SOLD 93 EG Hatch - SOLD

Last edited by wicked_limitz; 09-15-2010 at 12:34 PM.
wicked_limitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #55
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
someone is a little insecure

got to look at it from both sides of the fence

I am currently wearing a shirt that an ex gave me... I am also wearing a watch that an ex gave me for christmas... i have countless shirts, an ipod, DICE, etc from my ex...

guess what... do i think of her? yea... sometimes.... is it because i still have the things she gave me? lol no

its not a bad thing if you cherish a relationship, even if it comes to an end... people nowadays find it so hard to break up with someone and come to reality with it... they would rather burn everything and be enemies.. why? because you can't handle the fact that you can't make her happy? because you will be retardedly jealous if she finds someone else?

what the fvck... why take it so personal? everyone has the right to find love... don't let your own insecurity and selfishness make you think otherwise.... my last ex and i didn't have the best break up.. it was tough... she got engaged 6 months later and has been married for a little over a year now... i am SO HAPPY for her even though we had a really good/mature/serious relationship... i thought she was the one, turned out she wasn't, i came to terms with it, and i'm happy she found someone that can give her what she needs

a girl wearing a ring or keeping a stuffed animal... lol, come on guys... being sentimental doesn't mean you are still in love with the person who gave it to you

solly this rant was not intended to be directed primarily at you, i went on my own little tangent/rant
Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #56
JJR4884

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post

/thread
i might be able to sneak in some hugs for you later on
Old 09-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #57
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
The most I would do is mutter in something about why she has a ring some clown bought. I would never mention it again, that sh!t shouldn't bother you.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #58
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
someone is a little insecure

got to look at it from both sides of the fence

I am currently wearing a shirt that an ex gave me... I am also wearing a watch that an ex gave me for christmas... i have countless shirts, an ipod, DICE, etc from my ex...

guess what... do i think of her? yea... sometimes.... is it because i still have the things she gave me? lol no

its not a bad thing if you cherish a relationship, even if it comes to an end... people nowadays find it so hard to break up with someone and come to reality with it... they would rather burn everything and be enemies.. why? because you can't handle the fact that you can't make her happy? because you will be retardedly jealous if she finds someone else?

what the fvck... why take it so personal? everyone has the right to find love... don't let your own insecurity and selfishness make you think otherwise.... my last ex and i didn't have the best break up.. it was tough... she got engaged 6 months later and has been married for a little over a year now... i am SO HAPPY for her even though we had a really good/mature/serious relationship... i thought she was the one, turned out she wasn't, i came to terms with it, and i'm happy she found someone that can give her what she needs

a girl wearing a ring or keeping a stuffed animal... lol, come on guys... being sentimental doesn't mean you are still in love with the person who gave it to you

solly this rant was not intended to be directed primarily at you, i went on my own little tangent/rant
I totally get it. Thanks for the post. If it really bothered me it would be in the garbage. I posted this at least a few weeks ago and haven't even thought of the ring more than once.

Last edited by DylloS; 09-16-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #59
JJR4884

Old 09-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #60
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
I think most people in here have a very pessimistic/insecure approach with girls. It seems like they know all of them will at some time cheat on them or are still in love with their ex's. I can't blame them though because that's really all we see in society. It just annoys me when some strangers think my gf is sitting there with her ring on secretly missing an ex. People need to grow up.