E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2002, 03:12 AM   #21
///ACS330Ci
Artist formerly k/a Steve

My Ride: ACS/M-Technik 330Ci
Send a message via ICQ to ///ACS330Ci Send a message via AIM to ///ACS330Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Stream
Hah!! im glad I live in Norway!
If I get a fatass job, I will have the SC this autumn. Or next year.
I've been thinking about rolling up to Norway if I buy mine next year too
Old 04-20-2002, 07:36 AM   #22
jonas

My Ride: 328i Sedan
Red face I will make my mind after the guy from "my330ci" website put his

He seems very knowleadgeable about his sh!t, and if he has no problems, does the DIY on his web site, which by the way is far more complete than anything else, then and only then I will make up my mind to go ahead and order the supercharger from ESS.
jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:43 AM   #23
andy7771

My Ride: 2003 Carbon Black M3
hey Chupacabra, i live in houston too, and i was thinking to get the SC from ESS before i read ur story. Is there any way that you can let me see ur SC? are you satisfied on the performance yet?

Andy
Old 04-20-2002, 03:34 PM   #24
Keeferno
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Damn, that is quite the crappy experience Chupacabra.
Keeferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 05:03 PM   #25
JACOB NJ

My Ride: 00 540 sport
Send a message via AIM to JACOB NJ
Tell me bout it..

i have one on order and i start to pray when i read his post
Old 04-20-2002, 09:58 PM   #26
jj269ci

My Ride: 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to jj269ci
After I got my sc installed my mechanic was extremely impressed with the kit and the instructions. The same mechanic has installed a couple dinan e36 sc kits and said the ess was a much cleaner install and much better instructions.

It did take about 2 months longer to get the kit than they said but I got over that the day it came in. Since I got the kit installed Ive had no problems due to the sc.
jj269ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 10:02 PM   #27
JACOB NJ

good to hear ...

what model car is it installed in? are you happy with your power gains? is the car stick or auto? and also what can you compare your car to speed wise. in rear world experience sorry for all the questions . i just want to be sure i wont regret this
Old 04-20-2002, 11:59 PM   #28
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
hopefully when ESS finally opens up its first U.S shop in Florida, customer service should be better.

I can just imagine the turmoil and incovenience when you deal with a company that is off-shore.

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 02:01 PM   #29
jj269ci

My Ride: 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to jj269ci
i have a 2000 328ci. I am happy with the performance w/sc. I have a stick shift. I havent raced much but mustang gt are no problem and i can keep up with a 97 cobra from 80+mph.

My car with dinan cai, software, and aa exhaust had 185hp at the rear wheels. After the ESS I have 265hp at the rear wheels.

If you have any other questions let me know.
jj269ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 03:03 PM   #30
JACOB NJ

ill be sure to post a full write up when this beast gets done

hopefully i dont run into the problems chupacabra had
Old 04-21-2002, 04:03 PM   #31
Speedfreak

My Ride: 323i
Question JACOB NJ, Have you thought about ERT?

ERT is in Wilmington DE. You could drive down there and talk to them. They would be close if you had a problem. I worry about buying from people that never have to face you.
Pat
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 07:48 PM   #32
JetBlackE46
Modded

My Ride: E36/E46 M3 E46 323
sweetbimmer, i can't believe you would post a pix of someone else's charger and claim it to be your own....that's lame dude.

as for my .02 i have the rms kit on my 323ci. right now the car is there getting software and injectors.

i think both the rms and ess kits are essentially equal when it comes to quality and performance since they use the same blower.

the reason i went with rms over ess is because i liked the look of the carbon fiber intake and i really really didn't want to send my ecu to norway.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:32 PM   #33
K-DOG
P.I.M.P.

My Ride: 2002, 330i 5spd
I'm still laughing at sweet bimmer's post...good job, trying to play it like you got a supercharger so other ppl here will say your cool ...LOL That was funny stuff Chupacabra, nice to see fakers look stupid...Now i'm not even sure if SweetBimmer has a BMW, or it's his parents'.
PS. I heard the next generation 5 series is going to have a bi-turbo version of the 3.0litre engine...if that is the case, might as well get the factory turbo parts, and install them.
K-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 10:46 PM   #34
Hobbes
Nonsense Generator

My Ride: 2006 X5 4.8is
Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
JetBlackE46 how are you liking the RMS setup? Any issues with it or anything. I am thinking of the same, but want to be sure
Old 04-21-2002, 11:29 PM   #35
playinJ30
The Achiever

My Ride: WB SC 328Ci & 545i
Send a message via AIM to playinJ30
First: Jet BLack E46: havne't you been jacked around by RMS and not even received a full kit from them... they are basically using your car as a test car without telling you first.

ESS is a good kit.. shipping from norway will hve its problems

My solution: WAIT FOR SAMIR'S RENNSPORT SCREWDRIVEN SC OR JUST GET HIS NA TUNE-UP KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
playinJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 10:26 AM   #36
JetBlackE46
Modded

My Ride: E36/E46 M3 E46 323
Hobbes,

Right now my car is at RMS, they are installing injectors and software so I can't say how the car will be with a complete kit. However, running with out the larger injectors and a fuel pressure regulator the car still feels pretty strong. There wasn't much low end torque but after 4500rpm the car pulls pretty fast. I'll let you guys know my impressions after I get the car back fully tunned....hopefully end of this week or the next.

Playin,

When i spoke with Jeff the sales manager at RMS he told me the kit was complete...he was wrong. Osh later told me it wasn't done yet. I asked Osh to refund half of my $6K until they finish everything at which time I'll drive down and have it finished. Osh offered to transport my car down there and give me a rental car so I accepted.

I know they are using my car as a prototype for the 323ci software and I'm not getting anything out of it other than what I originally thought I was buying but I think this is the best solution. I really do like the RMS kit better than the ESS one and having RMS remove their kit from my car isn't something I want done...besides I really don't feel like driving another 6 hours...

The only person I'm disapointed with is Jeff, because he was giving out wrong information.