E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #81
johnca
Modded ///Member

My Ride: E46 Slow CSL
thanks Fgin I might go and do some research then if it good I might buy and try it
Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 AM   #82
fgin

My Ride: e46 facelift
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnca View Post
thanks Fgin I might go and do some research then if it good I might buy and try it
excellent, here are some more pictures;

http://************/25slkac

One difference I see straight away are the 2 sd slots.

Last edited by fgin; 07-16-2010 at 04:15 AM.
fgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #83
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgin View Post
Have a look at this.. its not the Dynavin unit afaik. The layout seems different and it says
"3,CDC: compatible for original 6 CDC or 10 CDC"..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Gps-Navigati...item4ceef36b71
I have a feeling all these units are made in the same factory, just did a google search and I've seen them listed for as low as $489US
Old 07-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #84
M3_GTR

My Ride: hates driveways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Wow maybe then. didn't know he joined so early.

FOR SALE!
M3_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #85
JS330

My Ride: '01 330Ci 3 Pedals
is there any way to get OBC read outs on the dynavin, this is the only thing holding me back form buying this, i know u can get readouts on the stalk obc and stuff but its so much neater and better looking on the oem tv screen
JS330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #86
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarryd_stephens View Post
is there any way to get OBC read outs on the dynavin, this is the only thing holding me back form buying this, i know u can get readouts on the stalk obc and stuff but its so much neater and better looking on the oem tv screen
Unfortunately no. It's a problem of the canbus interface not being able to talk with the dynavin. The only interface they've got to work so far is for the steering wheel controls.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #87
wilawok

My Ride: MY04 E46 330ci Indiv
You have to remember guys that even though it looks original in your dash it is still an aftermarket unit so not 100% the same as the factory set up ....

Sent from my HTC Desire using BimmerApp

6 speed short shift man with Aluminium cube interior, MTech II bodykit
19 inch Hamann reps with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx,
Factory TV and Nav, upgraded audio with Alpine, Lanzar and Phoenix Gold Components
Individual Colour Tannin Green
wilawok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #88
pkotsin

My Ride: 2004 318i
hey i just bought a e46 318is, it have the t.v screen that folds down to put the disc in
my screen cracked recently and i was looking into buying the dynavin as a replacement as it already has the sub input and ipos connectivity and all of that,
just if i could ask you guys a few questions about it before i do purchase the unit.
i looked on ebay (the american ebay) and the unit is 300 dollars cheaper, but i am not sure if it will work as the maps might be different or may not pick up our radio frequency.
will it fit straight into the area where my old screen was located?
can i use my phone buttons on my steering wheele for the phone and music?
pkotsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #89
steve330

My Ride: '05 330cic
Jason from Euro Division had some Dynavin units on sale recently - he may still have some left.

On his deathbed:
Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.
- Oscar Wilde
steve330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #90
fgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkotsin View Post
hey i just bought a e46 318is, it have the t.v screen that folds down to put the disc in
my screen cracked recently and i was looking into buying the dynavin as a replacement as it already has the sub input and ipos connectivity and all of that,
just if i could ask you guys a few questions about it before i do purchase the unit.
i looked on ebay (the american ebay) and the unit is 300 dollars cheaper, but i am not sure if it will work as the maps might be different or may not pick up our radio frequency.
will it fit straight into the area where my old screen was located?
can i use my phone buttons on my steering wheele for the phone and music?

The US ones didnt come with Digital TV. not sure if the one you saw does. Otherwise they were the same units. However Jason's units you buy locally comes with 1 yr guarantee and that is probably worth a few dollars extra you pay. You also will have shipping costs if you get it down from US.

The Dynavin will fit straight into any e46. If you have nav already then you need the 5M fakra cable in addition which Jason will sort you out with.

All buttons including the phone and music works off the steering wheel. Where are you located ?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #91
pkotsin

hey guys thanx for helping, im located near oakleigh in victoria.. im really considering buying this unit, if you could recomened the easiest and quickest way to get this iw ould appreciate it a lot
Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #92
fgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkotsin View Post
hey guys thanx for helping, im located near oakleigh in victoria.. im really considering buying this unit, if you could recomened the easiest and quickest way to get this iw ould appreciate it a lot
contact jason, he is a site sponsor, sales@euro-division.com his warehouse is located in Notting hill so you can organize to pick up
Old 03-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #93
pkotsin

thanx so much
Old 03-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #94
chriskuta

My Ride: M3
There are a few PC based ways to interface with the ODBCII interface which is different to BMWs bus. If you have a google for e46 carputer you'll see a few guys getting data on screen. So if you got a win CE version of this software it might be possible.

2001 e46, Euro Spec, Manual, Rep CSL Airbox, Evolve Tune, OEM CSL Wheels
chriskuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #95
aar0n_91

My Ride: 05 BMW325CI///MSport
pkotsin, i just purchased a dynavin to replace my 16:9 screen. my screen works 100%. got the dynavin due to the audio upgrade i have done. my point is, if u want to keep it OEM, my screen is for sale. pm me if interested. also, the 5m fakra kit that you need (including steering wheel extension and radio extension) will have to be purchased from overseas as jason is currently out of stock (thats what i did)

BMW 325 CI ///M-SPORT INDIVIDUAL
aar0n_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #96
machine123

My Ride: 318i E46
Hey all,

I know this question has probably been asked a million tmes before and i apologise in advance..

I own a 1999 model e46 318i.

Its got a single din old radio cassette player and the climate control panel is directly underneath it. (cd stacker in the boot) all genuine.

I want to fit a double din sat nav mp3 ipod big screen stereo system into the area and i was wondering if it is at all possible for the climate control to be relocated to the sunglass box underneath it?

Im seeing on this forum a fella by the name of jason from euro-division is the man to go to?

thanks in advance.
machine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:23 AM   #97
fgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine123 View Post
Hey all,

I know this question has probably been asked a million tmes before and i apologise in advance..

I own a 1999 model e46 318i.

Its got a single din old radio cassette player and the climate control panel is directly underneath it. (cd stacker in the boot) all genuine.

I want to fit a double din sat nav mp3 ipod big screen stereo system into the area and i was wondering if it is at all possible for the climate control to be relocated to the sunglass box underneath it?

Im seeing on this forum a fella by the name of jason from euro-division is the man to go to?

thanks in advance.
yes
Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #98
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i
Hi there welcome To answer your question, yes, and its quite easy to do.

For this, the search function is your best friend here. You can do a general search for "dynavin" of the whole forum with the search tab above (a bit below the top of the page) and this will give you alot of info from everyone around the world and can be very handy. But you can also do search of this forum (located just below the page numbers above) here in the aus forum, and this will show you what alot of us here in aus have already done to fit this unit into our cars and what programs we are running. Have a read of these and then come back with some questions if you have any.

Cheers.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #99
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
I have a question about the dynavin; why is Shannon sooooo good lookin?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #100
LFBILO

My Ride: 2007 335 I
Dynain
LFBILO is offline   Reply With Quote