E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
IL IN MI MN OH WI

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #241
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
sorry to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #242
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E46 with 254K
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs323i View Post
sorry to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!
No big deal its a free replacement. What do i care. I am sure if I pushed they would give me a loaner. I just can't see driving a sears BMW loaner around seams kinda wrong......

Seth Thorson
Service Manager/BMW Tech
JB Eurotech Service "Your Reasonable Dealer Alternative"

General Questions can be sent to appointment@jbeurotech.com

1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
jbeurotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #243
dpgrand

My Ride: 2005 330xi
an 850 is more than just a car to drive. so jealous
Old 09-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #244
shawn754

My Ride: M3
i think my subframe has a tear too! for the past 2 days when i accelerate i hear a metal crackling noise come from the passenger rear side and when i let off the gas after accelerating i hear it too. every once in awhile after i shift gears i hear it. its annoying because i just had the subframe checked about 3 weeks ago and the dealer said there was no damage. they said they lowered the subframe to check....? so ill be bringing it in again on monday and if it is the subframe hopefully they will take care of it! wish me luck guys. ughh i hate this!
shawn754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #245
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Which dealer did you take it to? I'd take it to a different one this time.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM   #246
keca10

My Ride: 06 E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn754 View Post
i think my subframe has a tear too! for the past 2 days when i accelerate i hear a metal crackling noise come from the passenger rear side and when i let off the gas after accelerating i hear it too. every once in awhile after i shift gears i hear it. its annoying because i just had the subframe checked about 3 weeks ago and the dealer said there was no damage. they said they lowered the subframe to check....? so ill be bringing it in again on monday and if it is the subframe hopefully they will take care of it! wish me luck guys. ughh i hate this!
I am not sure which dealer you went to, but Motorwerks has been doing a much better job on my M3 compared to Minnetonka. Especially when it comes to being thorough and doing proper check ups. Also, JB eurotech has been awesome, and very helpful. As a bonus Seth keeps a close eye on all relevant forums. I can see myself switching between the two over the coming warranty-less years.

Example....
I took my car to Sears (or Minnetonka, whatever) BMW a few months after they opened their facility to take a look at a coolant leak, near the engine. I showed them the leak, they looked at it for an hour and said it was nothing to be concerned about. They did find another small leak on the transmission drain bolt.

Car was out of warranty, so I paid them 60-70 bucks for that check. I took the car to Motorwerks BMW since they were the last to work on the transmission. Maybe they over-tightened the bolts, so if something was bad, I wanted them to be the only ones to touch it. They also checked the coolant leak and said it was coming from the engine. Then they did pressure/compression checks. Well, Motorwerks quickly found an obvious CRACK in the cast iron block. Leak was worse when engine was cold. How Minnetonka missed this is beyond me, especially when I point it out with my finger and then pay them to take a closer look.

Turns out it was a bad casting. Motorwerks does the best work I could imagine and replaced my engine free of charge (labor or parts). Remember, I was out of warranty. They kept me updated and were always happy to talk to me and give me an update when I called. They had the S54 short block shipped from Germany in a crate, and then moved all of the other parts to it (not an easy task) before placing the new engine back in. They worked hard with BMW NA to make sure all of this was free to me. They went above and beyond expectations.

During a previous occasion Sears told me to not call them when I called them for an update to hear an estimate of when the car might be done (I called only once and they got pissed). I had a busy day that day and I needed to know for my schedule. They told me not to call them and they will call me when it's done. Sears always had a lot of attitude and treated me like an M3 douche or hypocondriac. Not everything was bad, and some of their SAs noticed how I was being treated and tried to step in and help or play it off as a joke. In fact most of their SAs are great, but there are a couple bad apples there. Attitude goes a long way.

Last edited by keca10; 09-30-2010 at 12:57 AM.
keca10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #247
chokin

My Ride: 02 330ci
have anyone bought eagle eye led tails from modbargains.com? Does it give u any warning sign and what do u think about their product?
chokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #248
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokin View Post
have anyone bought eagle eye led tails from modbargains.com? Does it give u any warning sign and what do u think about their product?
I'd stay away from Modbargains, they have been accused of fraud in the past.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #249
dpgrand

My Ride: 2005 330xi
I bought my clears from bimmian.

Sent from my ADR6300 using BimmerApp
Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #250
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

Shawn you only get one free subframe inspection. I would crawl under the car and take a look yourself or swing by and i can take a quick peak for you

Seth Thorson
Service Manager/BMW Tech

1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #251
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
no modbargains they suck!!!!!
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #252
shawn754

My Ride: M3
thks Seth Ill give you a call.
shawn754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #253
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgrand View Post
an 850 is more than just a car to drive. so jealous
Car's done just one of the throttle bodys failed. I chipped the DME and EGS modules and changed the EML mapping accelerates off the line much better than stock now. It is a fun car I drove it to October fest at Road America

Seth Thorson
Service Manager/BMW Tech

Old 10-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #254
M_Threezy

My Ride: 2004 AW E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeurotech View Post
Car's done just one of the throttle bodys failed. I chipped the DME and EGS modules and changed the EML mapping accelerates off the line much better than stock now. It is a fun car I drove it to October fest at Road America
You should drive it out to C&C tomorrow!!
M_Threezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #255
jbeurotech
Regional Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Threezy View Post
You should drive it out to C&C tomorrow!!
I would but it only runs on 6 of the 12 right now. EML throttles for those cars are 850 my cost......

Seth Thorson
Service Manager/BMW Tech

Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #256
Lagwagon

My Ride: 328i e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeurotech View Post
I would but it only runs on 6 of the 12 right now. EML throttles for those cars are 850 my cost......
Everyone knows BMW does 6 well, so I don't seem the harm
Lagwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #257
wardpower

My Ride: 99' 328i Sedan
wardpower - 1999 328i - Prior Lake
wardpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #258
ModBargains
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
Quote:
Our products are good and our customer service is excellent. Do a quick search and you'll see your fair share of fans as well as customer who may have had bad experiences as well. We'll do our best to make everything right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
I'd stay away from Modbargains, they have been accused of fraud in the past.
Always accused but we're a legitimate business who has been around for 5 years +

Many other forum members are willing to vouch for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobs323i View Post
no modbargains they suck!!!!!
I'm sending you a PM to see what unfavorable experience you've had with us. Hopefully we can find a resolution to this.

Kevin@ModBargains.com
714-582-3330 ext 8009

Elliot Goodman|Elliott@ModBargains.com|(714) 582-3330 ext. 8009
We Specialize In:
BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW Parts | BMW Exhaust Experts | BMW Tail Lights |
BMW Wheels | BMW Intake
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #259
hi its me alec

My Ride: BMWs + 1988 Pathy
Send a message via AIM to hi its me alec Send a message via MSN to hi its me alec
Quote:
All eagle eye tail lights have had random light-out-warning problems since day 1. I have one of the first sets ever made and it has the same problem as the new ones. I didn't buy mine from Modbargains, but they all come from the same place.

FWIW I've never had a bad experience with Mike/MB, I haven't heard anything bad until this thread either.

and here's your information on getting those bulb-out warnings off your dash. you need to buy resistors (I played it safe and bought 6 of them)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...+light+warning

hi its me alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #260
Dinan S3

My Ride: Sc'd M3, M5, F430
ive never had an issue with modbargains..ive always received the correct product in a short time

1996 Estoril M3 Vortech Supercharged
2003 Carbon Black M5
2009 Rosso Corsa F430
www.ravenworksllc.com
Dinan S3 is offline   Reply With Quote