E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrineMachine View Post
He has like $20k tied up into an M3 with a turbo kit and doesn't consider that a Z06 with 1/2 that money tied up into it will make 1.5x the power he has. Love that HPF high.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #22
503Alex

My Ride: S30
Quote:
He has like $20k tied up into an M3 with a turbo kit and doesn't consider that a Z06 with 1/2 that money tied up into it will make 1.5x the power he has. Love that HPF high.
The same thing could be said about anything, why are you driving a turboed E34 when you could have built a crazy fast fox boy Mustang that would beat your E34? Your E34 is very very nice BTW, I like what you've done to it. I can respect the custom work that you've done to your car, props .
503Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #23
UrineMachine
Banned

My Ride: Mysterious 5
Send a message via AIM to UrineMachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Considering I quoted someone from what, 2 days ago who said the same thing I was thinking this is far from a troll post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 503Alex View Post
The same thing could be said about anything, why are you driving a turboed E34 when you could have built a crazy fast fox boy Mustang that would beat your E34? Your E34 is very very nice BTW, I like what you've done to it. I can respect the custom work that you've done to your car, props .
Right but I am not on here saying my car would walk another car. Especially not a Z06, which if they spent even 1/5 of what I have would be insanely fast.

Thanks for the complements though!
UrineMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #24
SalM

My Ride: Shhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrunner20 View Post
Hpf is mad. U gotta be rich to do that. Id rather have a z06

Sent from my ADR6300 using BimmerApp

You sir are a moron.

Sent from my iPod touch using BimmerApp

SalMPhotography
SalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #25
nightrunner20

My Ride: will eat your dust
Send a message via AIM to nightrunner20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalM View Post
You sir are a moron.

Sent from my iPod touch using BimmerApp
well...sorry have z06's on my mind my buddy took me for a ride.

but then again....an m3 eating it is badass
Old 10-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #26
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousMind View Post
You say that like there aren't hundreds of them out there that would smoke you.
I bet my modded SUBURBAN suv could lay a fat one on your car but you dont see me trolling your threads do you?

Quote:
No. He has 20k tied up into a car he loves and that gives him a rush every time he drives it. That second part is not entirly true sure SOME parts on a vett are cheap BUT you gotta spend some big money even on a vett to make it have anywhere upwards of 700+rwhp. M3(about 20k) HPF kit(20k)=$40k. A good deal on a used vett is still $45k atleast plus what abother $8-10k to start getting it into the high hp numbers ATLEAST. So you do the math since your seem to know everything. I love the people who cant have an HPF kit so they gotta hate hate hate on the owners and talk smack. If i got the money then ill do what i want with it but hey atleast i have the option unlike the ppl who are running their mouths. Get over yourself bro. really..

EDIT. from one of the top companies. C6 Z06-800BHP-$45,995.00 THATS-710rwhp 669tq Twin turbo kit Thats sooo much cheaper huh? idiot bro i swear you know nothing there are always cars faster im just proving a point.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...rbo-ls7-800-hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)

Last edited by HPFMTRE; 10-05-2010 at 01:21 AM.
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 AM   #27
forcefedvw

My Ride: 03' Z4 '00 VW
sell m and get the corvette im selling way more bang for the buck. but yes i agree with the gang if you really want 600hp and want to keep the m go HPF!!!

Innovative Performance

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Innova...609652?sk=info
2JZ-GTE Conversions & GM LS-Engine Conversions
forcefedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #28
gt2876rs4

My Ride: 3.0 2002 gt28 rs4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 View Post
There will always be a faster car out there. For the most part vettes are slow, there are how ever some retarded fast ones also.

I can assure you a a basic bolt on z06 will beat you pump gas vs pump gas
Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #29
funkboy316

My Ride: 2003 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt2876rs4 View Post
I can assure you a a basic bolt on z06 will beat you pump gas vs pump gas
im sure the z06 would win if the hpf car took out 2 plugs and ran on 4 cylinders in reverse too......im sick of the "cripple your car and its not so fast" mentality

2003 TiAg HPF stage 2.5 SMG M3 vert
funkboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #30
gt2876rs4

My Ride: 3.0 2002 gt28 rs4
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy316 View Post
im sure the z06 would win if the hpf car took out 2 plugs and ran on 4 cylinders in reverse too......im sick of the "cripple your car and its not so fast" mentality

are you retarded? cripple your car? pump gas vs pump gas is fair to me.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 AM   #31
nickr519

My Ride: ZX-10R, Ram 2500
Quote:
if you paid top dollar for meth injection and race gas tunes specialized with safety features to boot.. regardless of "crippling" to not use them would just be retarded.
'01 GSX-R600 - sold
'97 Ram 2500
'06 ZX-10R
nickr519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #32
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickr519 View Post
if you paid top dollar for meth injection and race gas tunes specialized with safety features to boot.. regardless of "crippling" to not use them would just be retarded.
Exactly^. "Well if you dont use race gas" "Well if you dont use methanol" "Well if you dont use that much boost then your car is slow why did you spend that money" Wow ppl are so stupid so many complete haters aka loser keyboard warriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #33
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
The only person who appears to be retarded is you, why would you come to a BMW forum and talk crap when you don't own a BMW? Ahhh I see even your Audi forums don't want you around. There is an old saying, you run what you brung.

Last edited by Forcefed M3; 10-07-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Forcefed M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #34
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFMTRE View Post
I bet my modded SUBURBAN suv could lay a fat one on your car but you dont see me trolling your threads do you?

No. He has 20k tied up into a car he loves and that gives him a rush every time he drives it. That second part is not entirly true sure SOME parts on a vett are cheap BUT you gotta spend some big money even on a vett to make it have anywhere upwards of 700+rwhp. M3(about 20k) HPF kit(20k)=$40k. A good deal on a used vett is still $45k atleast plus what abother $8-10k to start getting it into the high hp numbers ATLEAST. So you do the math since your seem to know everything. I love the people who cant have an HPF kit so they gotta hate hate hate on the owners and talk smack. If i got the money then ill do what i want with it but hey atleast i have the option unlike the ppl who are running their mouths. Get over yourself bro. really..

EDIT. from one of the top companies. C6 Z06-800BHP-$45,995.00 THATS-710rwhp 669tq Twin turbo kit Thats sooo much cheaper huh? idiot bro i swear you know nothing there are always cars faster im just proving a point.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...rbo-ls7-800-hp
calm down. There are a lot of kits for vettes, this one doesn't offer a very good power to cost ratio. There are a lot of other options, like NA or s/c and at that power level, there's no need to build the motor. As the lsx family is much more easily modded, there's a much bigger aftermarket. Tuning isn't closed-source like BMW. It can be done by the end user if he knows what he's doing.

Quote:
Again you have no clue....turbo vette kits cost as much as ours, 1.5x power...lol. Go back to m3 forums. You have nothing to add. You f/I knowledge is a joke. Bye bye now go see Nik
I'm really shocked that so many of you bash UrineMachine. He's right.
A z06 with about $5k in a budget setup can yield 600+whp with the stock unbuilt motor, on pump gas.

For someone who once described air exiting a blowoff valve in the HPF kit as 'unmetered air', there is no room to accuse Jon of lack of understanding. "I've been turboing cars since you were in the womb, unmtereair out of my blowoff valve ". At this moment, I'm ashamed to be part of the e46 community. This only brings e46fanatics down.

I respect that you guys made a choice for the only good option to turbo your cars and that involves buying a very well priced kit with an awesome warranty, it all just so happens to be a fairly large amount of money. But you purchased everything, you didn't make a thing yourself. Jon designed his kit, I think he deserves a little recognition from people who purchased a kit and paid to have it installed. He runs a megasquirt and tuned it himself. So maybe you could have done the same, but you chose the HPF option as it seemed a bit easier, I don't blame you, but neither one of you have ever demonstrated such capability.

Last edited by bluejeansonfire; 10-07-2010 at 08:51 AM.
bluejeansonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #35
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
For someone who once described air exiting a blowoff valve in the HPF kit as 'unmetered air', there is no room to accuse Jon of lack of understanding. "I've been turboing cars since you were in the womb, unmtereair out of my blowoff valve ". At this moment, I'm ashamed to be part of the e46 community. This only brings e46fanatics down.

I respect that you guys made a choice for the only good option to turbo your cars and that involves buying a very well priced kit with an awesome warranty, it all just so happens to be a fairly large amount of money. But you purchased everything, you didn't make a thing yourself. Jon designed his kit, I think he deserves a little recognition from people who purchased a kit and paid to have it installed. He runs a megasquirt and tuned it himself. So maybe you could have done the same, but you chose the HPF option as it seemed a bit easier, I don't blame you, but neither one of you have ever demonstrated such capability.
Ok now your being just plain stupid. Reading is not your strong point is it, thats ok hooked on phonics can help. The "unmetered air" comment was correct, air was leaking "INTO" my blow off valve as it did not seal all the way, not leaking out like you stated. With my blow off valve not closing all the way, with my ICV not closing all the way it allow "air" into my system. Enough that my car raised the rpm by 200. Urinemachine is a troll who ran from HPF post to HPF post trying to show everyone how smart he was, all he manage to do was show everyone how dumb he was. He flip flopped back and forth when he was called on something. Then just like last time he crawled back into his hole and had his little friends come on to the forum. The coming from someone who claimed their 330 would make more horse power than an HPF stage 2.5 Just because I bought an HPF kit does not mean I don't know about building cars. I built 2 1,000 horsepower supra's in my garage in my spare time, but who cares? Who cars if Urinemachine built a car, who cares that I built two? Why do you and Urinemachines little following insist that we all bow down and praise a guy for building a plat form that has already been built over and over. Had he did that on the E46 M3 or the E92 M3 and pioneered that then people would give him respect. Respect is earned not given as the saying goes. Please let us know when your car makes more horse power than a HPF 2.5!

Last edited by Forcefed M3; 10-07-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Forcefed M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #36
McSpeed

My Ride: 2005 ZHP TT Stg 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
I'm really shocked that so many of you bash UrineMachine. He's right.
A z06 with about $5k in a budget setup can yield 600+whp with the stock unbuilt motor, on pump gas...At this moment, I'm ashamed to be part of the e46 community. This only brings e46fanatics down.
He's right about that, and I'm sure Urinemachine has lots of valuable experience, but he recently showed up in FI with some flagrantly erroneous statements about torque and guns blazing at HPF nonstop. When he's proven wrong he acts like he was just testing the forum's knowledge. The attitude he's getting is pretty much just what he's asking for with his confrontational approach, whether he's right or not.

Quote:
Respect is earned not given as the saying goes.
Forcefed, you've gotten kind of hotheaded and personal lately. And it's not like you're always right. I wish you'd tone it down. We get that you like HPF. HPF is way cool but you take things a little too far sometimes. You weren't posting like this^ a few months ago.

SOLD but fondly remembered...
Technique Tuning Stage 1 Turbo w/ Greddy Profec B Spec II | 3.07 Quaife
ATI Super Damper | Vaio Oil Pump | VAC Pan Baffle | SRE Organic Clutch
Turner Reinforcements | SPC Camber Arms | Powerflex FCABs & SFBs

Turbo Driveability Video

Horsepower vs. Torque
McSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #37
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

Quote:
Ok now your being just plain stupid. Reading is not your strong point is it, thats ok hooked on phonics can help. The "unmetered air" comment was correct, air was leaking "INTO" my blow off valve as it did not seal all the way, not leaking out like you stated. With my blow off valve not closing all the way, with my ICV not closing all the way it allow "air" into my system. Enough that my car raised the rpm by 200. Urinemachine is a troll who ran from HPF post to HPF post trying to show everyone how smart he was, all he manage to do was show everyone how dumb he was. He flip flopped back and forth when he was called on something. Then just like last time he crawled back into his hole and had his little friends come on to the forum. The coming from someone who claimed their 330 would make more horse power than an HPF stage 2.5 Just because I bought an HPF kit does not mean I don't know about building cars. I built 2 1,000 horsepower supra's in my garage in my spare time, but who cares? Who cars if Urinemachine built a car, who cares that I built two? Why do you and Urinemachines little following insist that we all bow down and praise a guy for building a plat form that has already been built over and over. Had he did that on the E46 M3 or the E92 M3 and pioneered that then people would give him respect. Respect is earned not given as the saying goes. Please let us know when your car makes more horse power than a HPF 2.5!

oh no! I gave you too much credit. I'm sorry I don't memorize your posts, I should have gone back and fact checked for that detail, you said air was coming in? That's even worse. The place where your BOV is mounted, there is no vacuum. It wont pull air in, it would push air out. I would deal with the "unmetered" statement if air was at least metered. But the air escaping through a potential leak wouldn't be metered either. I'm shocked that you built anything, you clearly don't know how it works.

Now, not that this has anything to do with anything, but please find it where I said that I would make more horsepower than a HPF stage 2.5. I said I might outrun one, in pump, but still, I'm not very sure I'm going to make more power.

I misquoted you, on a minor detail of your tremendous misunderstandings, which made you seem like you grasped the concept a bit better, sorry. Please stop misquoting me so that it completely changes what I said.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #38
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
Tee hee - I love the FI forum.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #39
forcefedvw

My Ride: 03' Z4 '00 VW
wow i was just suggesting i had one 4sale and saying its easier to achieve 600+ with a a v8 than so with a m3. I am a huge supporter of chris and the guys at HPF i frequently am buying parts and visiting the shop. my vette traps 128 in the 1/4 with horrible traction problems. A friend of mine has a zo6 with a big cam and tune from john reed. and it destroys 2.5's but you know there will always be a faster car out there. In the m you can pile your friends with you and have 600+hp.

Innovative Performance

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Innova...609652?sk=info
2JZ-GTE Conversions & GM LS-Engine Conversions
forcefedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #40
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSpeed View Post
He's right about that, and I'm sure Urinemachine has lots of valuable experience, but he recently showed up in FI with some flagrantly erroneous statements about torque and guns blazing at HPF nonstop. When he's proven wrong he acts like he was just testing the forum's knowledge. The attitude he's getting is pretty much just what he's asking for with his confrontational approach, whether he's right or not.

Forcefed, you've gotten kind of hotheaded and personal lately. And it's not like you're always right. I wish you'd tone it down. We get that you like HPF. HPF is way cool but you take things a little too far sometimes. You weren't posting like this^ a few months ago.
Ok, so perhaps not all of Jon's comments were always completely accurate, I think he might come on here drunk sometimes. But in this thread, he's not wrong. And though he may be an ass sometimes, I think he deserves some recognition. There's a small sentiment from some DIYers that opposes HPF as a choice. I think it's dumb, HPF is great. It is a kit and it takes away from the romance of doing it yourself, choosing your own parts, making it your own, having an experience and it costs a lot. But that's also its beauty and it has a warranty. I don't support that camp as HPF is too sweet, the parts are really good, there are a lot of custom parts just for the kit that make it absolutely epic. You can't have more for less, as you wont get a warranty.

I'm not bashing HPF and I'm not defending those who do for whatever reason. And I'm not against the S54 in any as a boost option, it is an amazing motor... needs no head mods.

Do you remember deltasleep, McSpeed?