E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Help me figure something out...

So I dated this one girl for a several months and then I just slowly started losing interest and stopped talking to her in the past month or so. This has happened to me in the past few years with several other girls as well. Normally I'll lose interest in a girl because she wasn't stimulating me much beyond the physical aspect (lack of mental and psychological stimulation) like because they weren't ambitious or we weren't on the same level as I am. However, the last girl had a lot to offer besides the fakies... She had a graduate degree, ambitious, a had good career, was sweet, independent, and a great relationship with her family so that's what is causing me to wonder why I lost interest in her. I've had serious relationships in the past, including being engaged with a girl I was with for 3 years (we moved in together and realized that we couldn't live together). Ever since mutually ending that engagement, I have tended to lose interest in the girls that I date faster and faster (especially after having intercourse). I'm wondering if it's because that "challenge" of "hitting it" is gone that causes me to lose interest. I'm just not sure if it's me or the girls that I date or a combination of both.
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
13//

My Ride: is immune to modbug
Send a message via MSN to 13//
try dating guys?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
USCTrojanMan29

Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13// View Post
try dating guys?
That's not a viable option as I'm not into sausage. I heart the vagina with a set of nice fakies.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
probably just haven't found the right girl yet. I was the same way. I was annoyed by every single girl I've ever been involved with before my current gf.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
What are the reasons you lose interest?

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
So I dated this one girl for a several months and then I just slowly started losing interest and stopped talking to her in the past month or so. This has happened to me in the past few years with several other girls as well. Normally I'll lose interest in a girl because she wasn't stimulating me much beyond the physical aspect (lack of mental and psychological stimulation) like because they weren't ambitious or we weren't on the same level as I am. However, the last girl had a lot to offer besides the fakies... She had a graduate degree, ambitious, a had good career, was sweet, independent, and a great relationship with her family so that's what is causing me to wonder why I lost interest in her. I've had serious relationships in the past, including being engaged with a girl I was with for 3 years (we moved in together and realized that we couldn't live together). Ever since mutually ending that engagement, I have tended to lose interest in the girls that I date faster and faster (especially after having intercourse). I'm wondering if it's because that "challenge" of "hitting it" is gone that causes me to lose interest. I'm just not sure if it's me or the girls that I date or a combination of both.
Cause you're not ready. Simple as that, no point forcing the issue.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Dude I had a hour long talk with my best friend in New Orleans this weekend walking around Burbon talking about this EXACT thing.

The girl I was dating was crazy beautiful, she was fun, smart, hot, great in bed, and utterly insane. But as a smart guy who won't admit to himself "I like the drama" because thats retarded, I have come to the conclusion of I LIKE A CHALLENGE.

One of my BEST chick friends is beautifull, doing a post-baccalaureate Bio Medical Science Degree at my school (pre-med), shes smart, fun, easy going, cool as hell, ALL my friends like her..but I have 0 attraction to her...like hanging out with here is awesome but its like hanging out with one of my guys...but why?

He told me "Dude, how many awesome/cool/self sufficent/hot chicks do you have in your life? A lot right? so why aren't you dating THEM and instead only dating the crazies? Is it the fights and adrenanline rush that makes you feel alive and keeps you there? Are you in it for the Challenge?"

As soon as I heard that it all clicked in my head...I'm a really mental kid and I CRAVE a good witty battle, something I can conquor...I just like the challenge about her...she is young and insane and maybe in a few years she will be really cool and I'll have 0 interest in her then..

Being 23 I just like a challenge..but unfortunately with work and night school I don't really have time to date LOL
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #8
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
That's probably what it is. I'd say maybe he is always wonder "what else is out there"
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
hmm... settling in to the relationship? How many months is "several"? I know I went through a period where I really wasn't feeling as interested in my now-wife as I had when we started. It's natural. You're not going to maintain the immediate passion of a relationship forever (imagine if you could, I thought about it and realized I'd probably be the most unproductive person in the world).

Now's the time to figure out if she really does have everything you want, or if it was just the physical. Find other things to do together, start a new hobby together, or spend more time apart. Have you talked to her about this? I know it seems like mentioning that would be the start of a fight, but she should know how you're feeling about it too. Maybe she's wondering the same thing.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 AM   #10
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
What are the reasons you lose interest?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I slowly start losing interest (it always seems to happen after having intercourse several times). Maybe a part of me deep down inside over analyzes things and comes to the realization that things won't work out in the long term so I begin to put space between myself and the girl until they get the hint. With some of the girls that I've dated (dancers, hairstylists, waitresses, etc) once the physical aspect has worn off I begin to realize that I'm not on the same level with them. As for girls who are educated and career oriented as well as on my level, I just don't know why I drift away (that was the purpose of this thread). It's not like I look for a deal breaker, I just seem to get bored and want to move on. A part of me thinks that I'm stuck in a repeat pattern and want to know why.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:59 AM   #11
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Oh believe me, I never force the issue. I'm one of those guys that "let's the chips fall where they may" but I will proceed and initiate things if I get the green light (aggressive on the DL is a good way to describe it).
Old 10-08-2010, 04:04 AM   #12
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Dude I had a hour long talk with my best friend in New Orleans this weekend walking around Burbon talking about this EXACT thing.

The girl I was dating was crazy beautiful, she was fun, smart, hot, great in bed, and utterly insane. But as a smart guy who won't admit to himself "I like the drama" because thats retarded, I have come to the conclusion of I LIKE A CHALLENGE.

One of my BEST chick friends is beautifull, doing a post-baccalaureate Bio Medical Science Degree at my school (pre-med), shes smart, fun, easy going, cool as hell, ALL my friends like her..but I have 0 attraction to her...like hanging out with here is awesome but its like hanging out with one of my guys...but why?

He told me "Dude, how many awesome/cool/self sufficent/hot chicks do you have in your life? A lot right? so why aren't you dating THEM and instead only dating the crazies? Is it the fights and adrenanline rush that makes you feel alive and keeps you there? Are you in it for the Challenge?"

As soon as I heard that it all clicked in my head...I'm a really mental kid and I CRAVE a good witty battle, something I can conquor...I just like the challenge about her...she is young and insane and maybe in a few years she will be really cool and I'll have 0 interest in her then..

Being 23 I just like a challenge..but unfortunately with work and night school I don't really have time to date LOL
The more that I think about it, the more that I think it might be the challenge that drives a part of the attraction and once I realize that the challenge is gone then things get boring for me. Just like you, I love a clever, witty girl that can keep me on my toes mentally. I definitely can't be with those passive types (the ones that say..."whatever you want" or "whatever you think"). I like a girl with some spunk and fiestiness to keep things interesting. I'm about 10 years older than you and I get some much flack from my friends (most of whom are married and/or have kids) and a mom who wants grand kids before she gets too old.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:05 AM   #13
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
That's probably what it is. I'd say maybe he is always wonder "what else is out there"
I can't lie, I do like a variety of female and their breasts.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #14
USCTrojanMan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
hmm... settling in to the relationship? How many months is "several"? I know I went through a period where I really wasn't feeling as interested in my now-wife as I had when we started. It's natural. You're not going to maintain the immediate passion of a relationship forever (imagine if you could, I thought about it and realized I'd probably be the most unproductive person in the world).

Now's the time to figure out if she really does have everything you want, or if it was just the physical. Find other things to do together, start a new hobby together, or spend more time apart. Have you talked to her about this? I know it seems like mentioning that would be the start of a fight, but she should know how you're feeling about it too. Maybe she's wondering the same thing.
This is some great advice. I've had a bad habit of not wanting to confront relationship issues head on in the past. Maybe the path of least resistance (which of course isn't the best path to take) for me is causing me to begin to distance myself at the first sign of issues. I know that relationships are work and maybe I need to roll up my sleeves and do some work on my end.

Several months = 2-4 months.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #15
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i
I think it's time you saw Dr Phil.

But on a serious side, you should also keep in mind that even if you find a girl that you have good constructive arguments (as opposed to destructive destroying arguments) with and get married, after a couple of years of this, it can turn into a deadly combination. So arguing is good on one hand to clear the air, but relationships shouldn't be based on how stimulating the challenging the arguments are. But also along the lines of what Green Shine said, you may just not be ready to settle down yet or really found the right one for you. Listen, my family though I was gay because I never brought any girls home for them to meet or talked about them, but that was only because I could always tell when I met a girl whether or not it was going to last or not, and the simple fact was that I wasn't going to bring home a girl I knew I was never going to get serious with. But then I found the one and bang I brought her home and within a year we were engaged and then married the following year. So at the end of the day, when your ready, your ready, and you'll know if she's the right one or not.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #16
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1 View Post
I think it's time you saw Dr Phil.

But on a serious side, you should also keep in mind that even if you find a girl that you have good constructive arguments (as opposed to destructive destroying arguments) with and get married, after a couple of years of this, it can turn into a deadly combination. So arguing is good on one hand to clear the air, but relationships shouldn't be based on how stimulating the challenging the arguments are. But also along the lines of what Green Shine said, you may just not be ready to settle down yet or really found the right one for you. Listen, my family though I was gay because I never brought any girls home for them to meet or talked about them, but that was only because I could always tell when I met a girl whether or not it was going to last or not, and the simple fact was that I wasn't going to bring home a girl I knew I was never going to get serious with. But then I found the one and bang I brought her home and within a year we were engaged and then married the following year. So at the end of the day, when your ready, your ready, and you'll know if she's the right one or not.

I brought home my gf of 2 years and thats the ONLY girl I ever brought home...Sister throws gay jokes at me all the time
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote