E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
MARKS330I

My Ride: 03 330i
KW V1ís Vs. D2 Racing RS

Looking for a little insight from anyone who has used either set up. Iím looking to get coilovers for my car, and I'm not sure what one I want to go with. The thing that is most appealing to me about the D2ís is that they come with camber plates and have adjustable dampner and rebound settings. So looking for what you thought about ride comfort, ease of adjustability, and highest and lowest ride heights. Thanks for any feed back!

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
ModBargains
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 325e & E46 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKS330I View Post
Looking for a little insight from anyone who has used either set up. Iím looking to get coilovers for my car, and I'm not sure what one I want to go with. The thing that is most appealing to me about the D2ís is that they come with camber plates and have adjustable dampner and rebound settings. So looking for what you thought about ride comfort, ease of adjustability, and highest and lowest ride heights. Thanks for any feed back!
Hey,

I couldn't tell you about the D2 Racing RS kits since I have no first hand experience with it but I could tell you about the KW V2's. Thus far its been probably my most popular KW system sold across the board to most makes and models.

As far as driving experience it will not disappoint! Very responsive, and comfortable. For the most part regarding adjustability the majority of my customers set it once and never touch it again. once you find the perfect setting you wouldn't need to change it often.

Kevin
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
rudieg203

My Ride: BMW 325i
my homegirl has D2 racings on her G35, she got madd camber & she goes thru tires like its a marathon.

M3 Chrome Reps.8000k HIDs.Smoked Ambers.
rudieg203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
ThatGuy_JZ

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to ThatGuy_JZ
I'm running D2's and am very happy with them. Combined with my Hotchkis sways its awesome. They are only rebound adjustable, your description is a little confusing. They ride great and I have them only 10 from full soft. I haven't even fully stiffened them yet but I might tonight to see. They respond very well and the car feels very firm. Highway trips are smooth but it's not as soft and cushy as the stock shocks on Bav Springs. It's not harsh at all, just firm all around, I think it feels much better.

They also handle very well. My friend with an M3 running full ground control coils and sways complimented them. Height wise I still have a lot to play with. I can jack it up to Xi status or take it so low I can't move. The camber plates are a nice touch as well for the price, however I feel they aren't designed as well as the Ground Controls are. The D2 plates are more general for the application. They do the job though and I'm fully adjustable up front. They're easy to adjust, no complaints in that department, like any other coilover. If you want to dump the front then you have to get shorter endlinks. I can't go too much lower up front due to my swaybar and endlink hitting the control arm.

ThatGuy_JZ is offline   Reply With Quote