E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
2003 325i

My Ride: '03 Orient Blue 325i
www.bestpricecarparts.com Free UPS ground shipping on orders over $75. They have a lot of OE and alternatives often.
2003 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
i'll say to support our vendors first.

but, never hurts to try and develop a relationship with your local BMW parts dept. parts guys are usually more down to earth than the overpaid service writers. some will match internet pricing if you stop in and develop a relationship.. free shipping too.. of course, if you only have one dealership in your area and they suck, then I say to check out our sponsors.

Cheat Sheet:

GT1/ISIS/MoDiC = Factory authorized diagnostic system used by BMW dealerships across the world.

NCS Expert = BMW Factory R&D programming tool available on the internet (not intended for the public and not available to the dealership network)

OEM = Genuine BMW part only available from a franchised BMW dealership.

DME = Engine Management Computer
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #23
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
And nothing beats going to the local BMW dealership.....got to sit in an Alpina B7 last time I was there. Had free coffee and donuts while I was looking at the new M3. The BMW dealership is like going to a museum to me sometimes.
And do you know how they can afford it lol? People like you who still go there for service!
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #24
rudieg203

My Ride: BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
This new thing called a diaper was just released, maybe it can help you from shitting on threads.

M3 Chrome Reps.8000k HIDs.Smoked Ambers.
rudieg203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #25
carlos916

My Ride: 08 328 / 05 Raven R6
Send a message via AIM to carlos916 Send a message via Yahoo to carlos916
Quote:
Originally Posted by lejeunebimmer View Post
rmeuropean.com
+1
Old 10-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #26
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
My local dealer has an online shop...

www.onlinebmwparts.com I was talking to my parts guy today and 'guilted' him into asking his manager to give us fanatics a break...and he did...enter "E46fan" as a promo code and you can get up to 25% off (through the end of the year...may continue this promo, but I don't know)

... but if you're local and need them right away, just call first to see whether they need to be special ordered...and you can order online and pick up at JMK on Rt. 22 in Springfield NJ and of course, save on shipping.

If this turns out decent for them, I told them that they have to become a sponsor if they want much mention here from me...so save that link--although I love them for parts, I love you guys/gals more!

Doug

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 10-15-2010 at 02:08 PM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #27
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

My Ride: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
My local dealer has an online shop...

www.onlinebmwparts.com I was talking to my parts guy today and 'guilted' him into asking his manager to give us fanatics a break...and he did...enter "E46fan" as a promo code and you can get up to 25% off (through the end of the year...may continue this promo, but I don't know)

... but if you're local and need them right away, just call first to see whether they need to be special ordered...and you can order online and pick up at JMK on Rt. 22 in Springfield NJ and of course, save on shipping.

If this turns out decent for them, I told them that they have to become a sponsor if they want much mention here from me...so save that link--although I love them for parts, I love you guys/gals more!

Doug
And you think thats cheap?? I am sellign at 10% over cost !!!!

BMWPartssource.com
Patrick- BMWPartsSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #28
E46Doc

My Ride: oh yeah 330ci yeah!
Just want to let everyone know that I dealt with Patrick ^ yesterday and this guys prices can't be beat! Awesome service and pricing. I've dealt with Tischer before and they too are good but not as cheap as Patrick's prices and being on the west coast the shipping takes longer from Tischer too.
E46Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #29
e36guywantse46

My Ride: 2004 330ci zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick- BMWPartsSource View Post
And you think thats cheap?? I am sellign at 10% over cost !!!!
Just for a quick comparison....

On a passenger side foglight

bmwpartssource-$98

bmwmercedezparst.com-$85

That's a pretty big difference in price.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #30
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36guywantse46 View Post

bmwpartssource-$98

bmwmercedezparst.com-$85

The stuff that comes from a dealer sponsor has orignal unblemished BMW markings.

Some of the items you get elsewhere have the BMW logo scratched off. Why, I dont know. Is it old inventory? Maybe. Each BMW part has a "clock-like" stamp to indicate MFG DATE. It is an arrow with the head pointed to a number from 1-12, which indicates month. The year is displayed by two digits on each side of the arrow pole. For instance, something manufactured today would have an arrow with a 1 on the left and a 0 onthe right. The head of the arrow would point to 10 as being the month of October.

I wonder if a part gets too old or is updated, if they are sold at reduced cost to third party vendors, but must scratch off the BMW logo.
OrientBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #31
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Patrick,

All I know is that for almost all the parts I've gotten from them, the final cost to me is always competitive; and coz I'm ocd, when I need a part, I want it as soon as I can get it.

Certainly for local fanatics, being able to get a discount and pick up parts the same day is nice. But for many of the parts I've gotten, I honestly don't care if I save $10 or not if I can get the right part every time...and I have.

I don't work for JMK...I just know and trust them...and really like my parts guy...who, for over 16 years, has special ordered a few hundred parts that cost under a dollar for me (along with all the other parts I've needed)...and for me, that itself is of inestimable value!

That's not to say you wouldn't do the same, Patrick; I'm sure you would. I just hope you understand that they 'got to me' first and I'm nothing if not loyal!

Doug

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #32
Clean_3

My Ride: E46

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #33
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
So far, customer service from patrick, (faulkner) has been awesome. I purchased more items privately cuz all the hook ups and couldnt resist the prices AND shipping.

I would send him an email directly for best price once you got pricing from others.

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp

ESS TS2 - VMR V710 19" wheels - KW Coilovers - 3.46 Diff - Macht Schnell 5mm Rear Spacers - BMW Performance BBK w/ floating rotors -
BMW Performance Strut Brace - BMW Performance Air Intake - BMW Performance SSK/DSSR - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - SS Brake Lines -
OEM M3 RTAB w/ Vorshlag Limiters - Meyle HD FCAB - TMS Sway Bars w/ adjustable links - AEM Digital Boost Gauge -
Stewart w/p - 6K HID Fogs - Swain Coated Magnaflow headers
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #34
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
Sounds like a break up letter. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Patrick,

All I know is that for almost all the parts I've gotten from them, the final cost to me is always competitive; and coz I'm ocd, when I need a part, I want it as soon as I can get it.

Certainly for local fanatics, being able to get a discount and pick up parts the same day is nice. But for many of the parts I've gotten, I honestly don't care if I save $10 or not if I can get the right part every time...and I have.

I don't work for JMK...I just know and trust them...and really like my parts guy...who, for over 16 years, has special ordered a few hundred parts that cost under a dollar for me (along with all the other parts I've needed)...and for me, that itself is of inestimable value!

That's not to say you wouldn't do the same, Patrick; I'm sure you would. I just hope you understand that they 'got to me' first and I'm nothing if not loyal!

Doug

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp

ESS TS2 - VMR V710 19" wheels - KW Coilovers - 3.46 Diff - Macht Schnell 5mm Rear Spacers - BMW Performance BBK w/ floating rotors -
BMW Performance Strut Brace - BMW Performance Air Intake - BMW Performance SSK/DSSR - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - SS Brake Lines -
OEM M3 RTAB w/ Vorshlag Limiters - Meyle HD FCAB - TMS Sway Bars w/ adjustable links - AEM Digital Boost Gauge -
Stewart w/p - 6K HID Fogs - Swain Coated Magnaflow headers
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #35
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

Quote:

bmwpartssource-$98

bmwmercedezparst.com-$85

I will give you guys a better deal if you talk to you personally

BMWPartssource.com
Old 10-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #36
e36guywantse46

My Ride: 2004 330ci zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick- BMWPartsSource View Post
I will give you guys a better deal if you talk to you personally
If you can match that price by bmwmercedez, I'd buy the foglight from you.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #37
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
Make sure you take into account shipping also.. some sponsors (I don't think any in this thread do it but) like to advertise cheap prices but then kill you on shipping so it ends up being the same all around either way.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #38
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
And do you know how they can afford it lol? People like you who still go there for service!
Nope, out of my years of owning several BMWs.....only went to BMW for service on a few specific items. Going to a local BMW dealer to buy dash tabs....because some vendors charge 10 bucks to ship them...not a good idea.

I do support the local site sponsors. Bought more than a few things from Tisher and they are great. If I need a cheap BMW part quick...no reason to pay for shipping if it is 15 min drive away. And again, it is always a pleasure to look at the new cars.

If I can't DIY, or don't feel like it....my Indy is great.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #39
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

Quote:
If you can match that price by bmwmercedez, I'd buy the foglight from you.
I will try whats the part number or the vin of your car?

BMWPartssource.com
Old 10-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #40
jonesro

My Ride: 2003 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrientBlau View Post
The stuff that comes from a dealer sponsor has orignal unblemished BMW markings.

Some of the items you get elsewhere have the BMW logo scratched off. Why, I dont know. Is it old inventory? Maybe. Each BMW part has a "clock-like" stamp to indicate MFG DATE. It is an arrow with the head pointed to a number from 1-12, which indicates month. The year is displayed by two digits on each side of the arrow pole. For instance, something manufactured today would have an arrow with a 1 on the left and a 0 onthe right. The head of the arrow would point to 10 as being the month of October.

I wonder if a part gets too old or is updated, if they are sold at reduced cost to third party vendors, but must scratch off the BMW logo.
http://www.germanpartsonline.com/all...s-differences/

If I can save 50%, they can scratch off the logo on the same part that 99% of the time you can't see anyway.
jonesro is offline   Reply With Quote