E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #41
franz

My Ride: 03 330i
Patrick, you charged me a TON for shipping, and I don't think I even have any paperwork to that effect, only the invoice that got emailed showing the $1 handling charge. There was no invoice in the box at all.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #42
Lusticles

My Ride: 325Ci
Tischer since i'm like 15 minutes away from it
Old 10-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #43
pilot_alex

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330CI
Send a message via MSN to pilot_alex Send a message via Skype™ to pilot_alex
Eeuroparts also s good for oem
Old 10-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #44
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesro View Post
http://www.germanpartsonline.com/all...s-differences/

If I can save 50%, they can scratch off the logo on the same part that 99% of the time you can't see anyway.
Your link doesn't mention anything as to why these logos are scratched off. Is it excess or old inventory or was a part design updated? Maybe BMW doesnt allow other outlets to sell BMW-stamped items so their logo has to be scratched off? Just wondering why they have the logo scratched. Someone must know.
OrientBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #45
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I'd be extremely skeptical...and think some of your guesses might be right, Orient...

Part was superceded (for a reason); might be a return that for whatever reason, can't be sold again; or, I'm also wondering, whether they might be replica/rip off parts that really didn't have the bmw logo underneath that was scratched off (how would you know if it WAS scratched off...might just have been scratched!)...coz it's made in a country, by a company, that is great at making perfectly fine 'looking' replicas.

Might be cleaned up parts from parted out cars...maybe reman, maybe not.

Anyway, whenever I'm skeptical about things like this, I just stay away. Very few parts are worth risking the try on our cars...especially if it's a hard to get to part.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #46
jonesro

My Ride: 2003 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrientBlau View Post
Your link doesn't mention anything as to why these logos are scratched off. Is it excess or old inventory or was a part design updated? Maybe BMW doesnt allow other outlets to sell BMW-stamped items so their logo has to be scratched off? Just wondering why they have the logo scratched. Someone must know.
this is stated in article:

The difference between OE and OEM/OES is mainly the OEM/OES usually donít have the car manufactures logo, but they are the same exact part. Sometimes the logo is ground off the part by the OEM/OES company so as not to affect there contract with the car manufacture. Same part coming off the same assembly line as the OE part does.

The OEM/OES parts are less expensive because they do not go through the car manufactures part system. Every time an OE part goes through a depot, warehouse, dealer, there is a little more money added to the cost of the part. This is the major reason that OE parts cost more.

OEM/OES do not go through this procedure, our buyers get them directly from the manufactures, keeping the prices down.

I always use oem parts(mechanic for 35+ years) for all makes of cars, never had a problem don't see why BMW would be any different
jonesro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #47
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesro View Post
this is stated in article:

The difference between OE and OEM/OES is mainly the OEM/OES usually donít have the car manufactures logo, but they are the same exact part. Sometimes the logo is ground off the part by the OEM/OES company so as not to affect there contract with the car manufacture. Same part coming off the same assembly line as the OE part does.

The OEM/OES parts are less expensive because they do not go through the car manufactures part system. Every time an OE part goes through a depot, warehouse, dealer, there is a little more money added to the cost of the part. This is the major reason that OE parts cost more.

OEM/OES do not go through this procedure, our buyers get them directly from the manufactures, keeping the prices down.

I always use oem parts(mechanic for 35+ years) for all makes of cars, never had a problem don't see why BMW would be any different
Thanks. I missed that reference. Sounds plausible.

BTW, A BMW tech I know once told me to go to some local place where they sell BMW parts that had scratched off logos.

Maybe it really is just an excess inventory thing.
OrientBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #48
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop1977 View Post
funny coming from someone who posts on threads for sale but doesnt buy a thing
? I bought my dinan cf intake, tse3 exhaust,dinan strut bar, cf csl trunk from fs threads
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #49
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

My Ride: n/a
All parts sold come with a two year warranty !!!!

BMWPartssource.com
Patrick- BMWPartsSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #50
franz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick- BMWPartsSource View Post
Yes but how is it going to be enforced without a receipt and why did I not get any record of my (high) shipping charges?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #51
blarf

My Ride: '00 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by franz View Post
Yes but how is it going to be enforced without a receipt and why did I not get any record of my (high) shipping charges?
What did you buy?
blarf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #52
e36guywantse46

My Ride: 2004 330ci zhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by genuity View Post
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=166

my extensive collection of online dealers have found currently (as of this post) that bmwmercedesparts.com aka Husker Auto Group (Lincoln, NE) to have the lowest prices. I just placed an order...we'll see how the service stacks up to the competition.
So how was there service? I called them and left a voicemail. Nobody ever called me back....
Old 10-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #53
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Good to know

tischer is offering free shipping on some items btw

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #54
franz

I bought a muffler hanger (about a pound) and a serpentine belt for the AC, the small one. They were $18 ea., $24 ea at my dealer. I got an email "invoice" for those prices plus a $1 service charge. I got nothing with the parts, though they came and the service was pretty good. But I got a $56 charge on my credit card statement. I would have expected $8-12 for shipping about 3 lb incl box from PA to NC, not $20. And I certainly expect an invoice with shipping charges detailed, and a proper BMW receipt in case I want to warranty something.
The first time I ordered something from Jason I paid $4 shipping on a $400 steering wheel, and I have always gotten a proper receipt.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #55
mp333

My Ride: 2003 325XI
Quote:
Is that standard on all genuine bmw parts?
mp333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #56
ZZen330

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Patrick has good prices but his shipping charges are high (even though he posted a few days ago about CHEAP prices and CHEAP shipping).

He seems helpful with me so far though so I'm just waiting to see I he can match the price and shipping of www.bmwmercedesparts.com. If he can then I'll order from him tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

Wish me luck haha!
ZZen330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #57
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Read numbers, do math. Personally, I think I'd buy from whoever is selling parts below cost, and evidently, someone is.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #58
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

My Ride: n/a
Here is the deal on all our receipts. We actually didn't have the proper invoicing software until today. I can make up receipts for people now. Feel free to email me outside of the forum with your name and shipping information and I will get those to you ASAP. I apologize. The shipping charges where a little high until we got hooked up with a fed-ex scale and a cheaper rate because we hooked up with BMW of North America on there account. Things are going smooth now as i have highered more staff members and I am ready to rock and roll with your orders. Sorry again guys. Patrick

BMWPartssource.com
Patrick- BMWPartsSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #59
edco

My Ride: 2004 325cic 2011 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Patrick,

All I know is that for almost all the parts I've gotten from them, the final cost to me is always competitive; and coz I'm ocd, when I need a part, I want it as soon as I can get it.

Certainly for local fanatics, being able to get a discount and pick up parts the same day is nice. But for many of the parts I've gotten, I honestly don't care if I save $10 or not if I can get the right part every time...and I have.

I don't work for JMK...I just know and trust them...and really like my parts guy...who, for over 16 years, has special ordered a few hundred parts that cost under a dollar for me (along with all the other parts I've needed)...and for me, that itself is of inestimable value!

That's not to say you wouldn't do the same, Patrick; I'm sure you would. I just hope you understand that they 'got to me' first and I'm nothing if not loyal!

Doug
Doug
A minor counterpoint..
I have a good relationship with OpenRoad BMW in Edison, I can usually get a better than CCA discount (even though I am a BMWCCA member). However, unless it's a HEAVY part and the shipping becomes the killer, the 7% NJ tax can outweigh the benefit.

ED
PS. When you have a minute, can you send me a PM with Sal's number. I misplaced it and I need to schedule to bring my son's Chevy in for (I think) some brake and possibilty suspension work.. At your convenience of course...

Thanks
ed
Old 10-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #60
franz

Quote:
Here is the deal on all our receipts. We actually didn't have the proper invoicing software until today. I can make up receipts for people now. Feel free to email me outside of the forum with your name and shipping information and I will get those to you ASAP. I apologize. The shipping charges where a little high until we got hooked up with a fed-ex scale and a cheaper rate because we hooked up with BMW of North America on there account. Things are going smooth now as i have highered more staff members and I am ready to rock and roll with your orders. Sorry again guys. Patrick
I hate being a beta tester. $20 shipping 3 lb 2 states is a killer, and left a very bad taste.